Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

EPCOT Explorer

While I agree that there shouldn't be any Expanded Universe heavily based storylines or destinations, I don't think that means there couldn't be EU references. I think that if you saw or heard something about, say, the New Republic, or Leia Organa Solo, the average Guest would get that.

But then, that also brings up what timeframe the ride will be set in, if they even bother sticking to one (which I kind of think they should). Obviously, the prequel era and before probably won't be it because that would flat out exclude any Empire-y goodness. Sometime in the Revenge of the Sith to A New Hope era is maybe possible, having the advantage of bridging the two trilogies, thusly able to depict ships and such from both, but would be anachronistic with the original events of Star Tours ('new' StarSpeeder 3000s, etc.), and no (completed, anyways) Death Star. Most likely it will be set in the original trilogy era or maybe shortly thereafter, but that raises some questions about whether or not there'll be scenes set among battles and such with prequel-era ships, and how they would justify such a thing going on in the 'present'. And finally, there's the New Republic era and beyond, which is almost definitely right out, requiring a lot more design work, and would generally not relate to the average Guest as well. Or, they just won't worry about placing it with canon at all, and you'll be thrown into a variety of events throughout the six movies. You'll take part in the Battle of Coruscant one ride, and the Battle of Endor the next.

Personally, I'd like to see a 'Special Edition' version of original Star Tours scenes thrown into the mix. Wouldn't it be cool to have Rex depart the terminal the right way one ride, and then next time takes that wrong turn into the cargo area (with the Mighty Microscope!), and then it's off to Kashyyk or something?
All valid and good thoughts....

...I just pray they REX stays.:eek: Love him.:lol:

_Scar

I can't beleive you rise in Star Tours :O this is almost as shocked as I was to realize DL's HM lowers :X! How far do you rise?

EPCOT Explorer

Oh yea, I forgot about him.

He ruined that name for too many people around here. The Grand Admiral is a great villain.
I know...Even though I know the EU, and had read about him before the poster had the name, I just can't separate it, now. :lol:

Yeah, G.A. Thrawn was B.A. to put it lightly.:lol:

Tonphanan

Exactly! :D:sohappy::sohappy:

BTW...Do they sell individual figures of him? Always promised myself I would get one, but now I think I need too. Only seen him in a 4 pack with 3PO, R2 and a few other random Druids.:eek:

Yes there is an individual figure of Rex. Ebay will be your best option. It is a cool figure with lots of moveable parts.

Tonphanan

I don't know why people on the internet can't get that! Every message board you go on people keep saying they hope its not just Pod Racing or whatever. If all it did was Pod Racing, it would be the Pod Racing ride, not Star Tours.

Yes, they showed the Pod Race in the 30 second or so clip but I'm pretty sure that will be only one stop. Plus, if they go with the multiple storylines like we've been hearing then you may not even see Pod Racers, you could see one of 19 other options.

I think what some of the problem is, if you take into account the size and engine system of a StarSpeeder 3000 it would look out of place in a podrace and would not need the extra engines in the front that they show in the clip. I think that is why people, myself included, do not want a pod race section because it just does not fit.

_Scar

I can't wait to see this (at least I hope!):

church04_KashyyykHologramRo.jpg

church06_KashyyykStarWars-E.jpg

I wish they could also make Grevious a living character!!!!!!!

FigmentJedi

I think what some of the problem is, if you take into account the size and engine system of a StarSpeeder 3000 it would look out of place in a podrace and would not need the extra engines in the front that they show in the clip. I think that is why people, myself included, do not want a pod race section because it just does not fit.

The Engines in front are actually from a POdracer that has accidentally gotten stuck on the top of the Starspeeder. You see it in the full teaser in that announcement video Attractions Magazine made.

HMF

Yea it was. But the Maw never shut down, blah, blah, blah.:lol:

The official canonical story says it's a third Death Star.
Also R2's whereabouts are established during the Maw battle so it couldn't be during Jedi Academy but I would set the original Star Tours in the New Republic Era. Also in terms of continuity Star Tours is mentioned in the Hand of Thrawn duology so it is canon.

EpcotServo

I can't beleive you rise in Star Tours :O this is almost as shocked as I was to realize DL's HM lowers :X! How far do you rise?

Few feet?:shrug:

No. Who said this? The Motion Base can certainly tilt and jump you up a few feet, but it doesn't technically "rise" up like an elevator or anything.

Soooo...He is 35 bucks.:lookaroun

I don't need him THAT much.:lookaroun:lol:

I'm pretty sure they still sell him at Once upon a Toy and Studios on single card.

Maybe if you went to Studios more...
:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom