Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

The Empress Lilly

I believe the current story line already has you being a part of the Death Star attack.
So one does indeed.

The problem is, that one gets involved through having taking a wrong turn, instead of through deliberate effort. Which diminishes involvement to that of unwitting spectator.

The storyline would be so much more compelling if one were to actually be part of the rebels. (Or the Empire!)

Much as I still love the experience, as it is, the Star Tour rider is reduced to the role of a Jar Jar Binks. A buffooning clown who gets in the way all the time.

(Then there is the problem of SW canon. ST shows neither the first nor the second attack of the Death Star. Is there a third Death Star? Is it a hologram for tourists?)

SirGoofy

(Then there is the problem of SW canon. ST shows neither the first nor the second attack of the Death Star. Is there a third Death Star? Is it a hologram for tourists?)

It's a third Death Star.

The Emperor had this instillation called the Maw...

Honestly, this would take forever to explain.:lol:

janoimagine

It's a third Death Star.

Right ... but the Maw's version only had the Super Laser, ... was the original prototype and was very much a skeleton with ... aww forget it, your right, it could take a long time to explain it. :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

It's a third Death Star.

I always thought there was just enough wiggle room in A New Hope that it could be the first Death Star. But I thought what they built at the Maw was cylindrical shaped?

SirGoofy

I always thought there was just enough wiggle room in A New Hope that it could be the first Death Star. But I thought what they built at the Maw was cylindrical shaped?

Yea it was. But the Maw never shut down, blah, blah, blah.:lol:

The official canonical story says it's a third Death Star.

janoimagine

I dont know, the back cover of the book 'Jedi Search' had a picture on it. I thought it was just a round skeleton with the Super Laser. :shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

I have a hard time believing that. Not that I'm doubting that you've read that somewhere or something. Lucas and company would actually expect us to believe the Empire would build the same stupid Death Star with the exact same stupid thermal exhaust port design flaw as the first one, let alone having enough resources to do so after being so thoroughly ravaged by the Rebellion?

janoimagine

Yea it was. But the Maw never shut down, blah, blah, blah.:lol:

I'm not calling you out or anything, but the book I have says the death star at the maw installation was the prototype. :shrug: Great, it's a battle of the SW nerds. :lol:

FigmentJedi

Isn't one of the other explanations for the third Death Star being a retrofitted version of those "habitation spheres" orbiting Coruscant in that Illustrated Star Wars Universe book with all the Ralph McQuarrie art?

SirGoofy

I'm not calling you out or anything, but the book I have says the death star at the maw installation was the prototype. :shrug: Great, it's a battle of the SW nerds. :lol:

Well, the Maw was the site of a lot of creations.

Honestly, I have a hard time believing any of Star Tour's ride is canon.

Mr.EPCOT

Isn't one of the other explanations for the third Death Star being a retrofitted version of those "habitation spheres" orbiting Coruscant in that Illustrated Star Wars Universe book with all the Ralph McQuarrie art?

That's the first time I'd heard that one. Possible, I suppose.

Of course, for all we know, the damn thing could have just been a facade, just an empty shell as a desperate attempt to scare planets into submission as their control of the galaxy slips away. We never saw the super laser or the interior, and the TIE fighters could easily belong to the Star Destroyers nearby.

Now that I think about it, it couldn't be the first Death Star because of R2-D2 and C-3PO.

And I just realized I was thinking of Darksaber with the cylindrical thing.

Boy, Star Tours is a tough nut to crack. :lol:

JediMasterMatt

Okay. I'm as big of a Star Wars fan as it comes (duh, look at my screen name); but, even I have to admit that discussions about the Star Wars Expanded Universe is probably boring the pants off the average WDW reader.

If you keep this up, they'll probably think you're all a bunch of Trekkies. ;)

As Gold Five said: "Stay on target"

castevens

Okay. I'm as big of a Star Wars fan as it comes (duh, look at my screen name); but, even I have to admit that discussions about the Star Wars Expanded Universe is probably boring the pants off the average WDW reader.

If you keep this up, they'll probably think you're all a bunch of Trekkies. ;)

As Gold Five said: "Stay on target"
Well, it would be boring if I knew ANYTHING of what was being talked about. However, I haven't the foggiest clue. So I kept reading. I still don't know what anything is. I have watched each of the movies multiple times each, but never got into the books, video games, animated movies, etc.

Mr.EPCOT

You know, with all this talk about the EU, I hope they DO throw a couple little winks/nods in there for the hardcore fans.

Yeah, absolutely, I'm sure there could be some kind of mention or something of the New Republic or Mara Jade or something in the background or something somewhere.

Something something Dark Side...

Just as long as the Mighty Microscope is still in there somewhere, too. If they get rid of that, then :fork: :fork: :fork:

janoimagine

You know, with all this talk about the EU, I hope they DO throw a couple little winks/nods in there for the hardcore fans.

I would love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn somewhere in ST2 ... he has got to make the top 5 SW villan's. Mara would be nice to see as well. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom