Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

imagineer boy

Rasulo is such an idiot... that presentation was on a scale for a new park, when we are getting a makeover that used to just happen every few years to keep things fresh. Star Tours is 23 years old now. It`s a disgrace it has taken this long. Imagine if Futureworld was still stuck in 1986? That`s the comparison.

This is welcome, but is at least a decade overdue.

Well said!

Heck, even Darth Vader in the presentation seemed ticked about the time frame.:lol:

Tonphanan

Disneyland's time table is closing in October in 2010 and opening in October 2011.

I would assume DHS would operate under a similar time frame, otherwise it would be a rush job from the end of Star Wars weekends in 2010 to the beginning of Star Wars weekends in 2011.

I will be in DW in October of 2010 and was hoping to ride my brains out before they closed the ride, but from what I have read it looks like I will not have that chance. I will have to get back there for the relaunch though.

As for the theme I can't see the StarSpeeder 3000 being the simiulator anymore and it would have to scale down to a more Back to Furture size ride to get the experience of flying a pod racer. Pod racing had been the idea since they first talked about the remodel ten years ago right after Episode 1 so it's not a real suprise, but would have preferred an attack on the Death Star II or attacking a Star Destroyer.

imagineer boy

As for the theme I can't see the StarSpeeder 3000 being the simiulator anymore and it would have to scale down to a more Back to Furture size ride to get the experience of flying a pod racer. Pod racing had been the idea since they first talked about the remodel ten years ago right after Episode 1 so it's not a real suprise, but would have preferred an attack on the Death Star II or attacking a Star Destroyer.

I'm positive that pod racing is only a small part of the ride.

djkidkaz

I really hope they take out the old simulators and put in something completely new and state of the art in motion simulators.

Maerj

I don't know why people on the internet can't get that! Every message board you go on people keep saying they hope its not just Pod Racing or whatever. If all it did was Pod Racing, it would be the Pod Racing ride, not Star Tours.

Yes, they showed the Pod Race in the 30 second or so clip but I'm pretty sure that will be only one stop. Plus, if they go with the multiple storylines like we've been hearing then you may not even see Pod Racers, you could see one of 19 other options.

imagineer boy

I don't know why people on the internet can't get that! Every message board you go on people keep saying they hope its not just Pod Racing or whatever. If all it did was Pod Racing, it would be the Pod Racing ride, not Star Tours.

Yes, they showed the PoD Race in the 30 second or so clip but I'm pretty sure that will be only one stop. Plus, if they go with the multiple storylines like we've been hearing then you may not even see Pod Racers, you could see one of 19 other options.

Very true! :wave:

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, they showed the Pod Race in the 30 second or so clip but I'm pretty sure that will be only one stop. Plus, if they go with the multiple storylines like we've been hearing then you may not even see Pod Racers, you could see one of 19 other options.

Exactly! It really is annoying from time to time. Its like people saying that the spinners on the new Dumbo will have a different number of elephants on each side because it sorta kinda looks that way in the concept art -talk about jumping to conculsions! Lets not lose our heads people; it was a thirty second clip from the ST ride video. There will be more than pod racing in the new Star Tours.

(No, I can't actually put any backing or confirmation on that statement, but I think its just common sense to assume that pod racing won't be the only element to Star Tours II.)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Exactly. Lets not lose our heads people; it was a thirty second clip from the ride video. There will be more than pod racing in the new Star Tours.

(No, I can't actually put any backing or confirmation on that statement, but I think its just common sense to assume that pod racing won't be the only element to Star Tours II.)

Common sense would also dictate that Dreamfinder stays at Imagination. :shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

THIS IS NOT A POD-RACING RIDE.

Seriously.

_Scar

Exactly! It really is annoying from time to time. Its like people saying that the spinners on the new Dumbo will have a different number of elephants on each side because it sorta kinda looks that way in the concept art -talk about jumping to conculsions! Lets not lose our heads people; it was a thirty second clip from the ST ride video. There will be more than pod racing in the new Star Tours.

It looks exactly that way. If you are arguing common sense and jumping to conclusions then can't you see there are way more spokes on the right than on the left. It's right there before your eyes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom