Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

cupanudles

I just got back from a showing of "The ______ Wee Herman Show" at Club Nokia in L.A. and at the Q & A session Paul Reubens was asked if he is voicing Rex in the new version of the ride. He told the audience that no one has contacted him from the Disney company yet. He also shared that every year in January as part of his deal with the Disney Company he gets a silver pass to go free to any of the parks that feature the Star Tours ride. He said that so far his pass hasn't come yet, "The clock is ticking!" he mused. By the way, anyone who loves ______ Wee needs to check out the show in L.A., it's AMAZING!!! 8D :sohappy:

Avenger117

This is pretty exciting, I always loved the ride as a kid. I'm also not sure about the pod racing theme though. I didn't care for it in the movie, but it could make for a more intense experience in a 3-D simulator.

happykid25

Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread, first several pages and last several and didn't see the answer to this...

Is there a stated/projected date for the closure of the current Star Tours to do the updates?

Just curious more than anything else, plus wondering if it will be open when we take our trip at the end of April/beginning of May.

Thanks!

SirGoofy

Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread, first several pages and last several and didn't see the answer to this...

Is there a stated/projected date for the closure of the current Star Tours to do the updates?

Just curious more than anything else, plus wondering if it will be open when we take our trip at the end of April/beginning of May.

Thanks!

ST probably won't close until after the summer months.

happykid25

ST probably won't close until after the summer months.

I figured it would at least be after the Star Wars Weekends stuff. Any thoughts on how long the switch over will take? In other words, which part of 2011 will Star Tours II open. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall?

I would think, Disney would want it back open for next years Star Wars Weekend, if they are planning on continuing on that path.

SirGoofy

I figured it would at least be after the Star Wars Weekends stuff. Any thoughts on how long the switch over will take? In other words, which part of 2011 will Star Tours II open. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall?

I would think, Disney would want it back open for next years Star Wars Weekend, if they are planning on continuing on that path.

I would think that's a good guess, but I honestly have no idea. The upgrades should be extensive and it could be a long project.

sgshredder33

I haven't read the whole thread, but correct me if im wrong, isn't there going to be a bunch of different shows? and ifso is the orrigional going to be one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom