Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Atomicmickey

*ahem*

Apparently, the combinations lead to something like 30-something different ride experiences.

There will also be easter eggs, in that some variations of the combinations will only play some of the time.

The idea is, you could ride the thing dozens of times, maybe more, and still not see everything there is to see.

The combinations will be random, so that you never know what you're going to get.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
*ahem*

Apparently, the combinations lead to something like 30-something different ride experiences.

There will also be easter eggs, in that some variations of the combinations will only play some of the time.

The idea is, you could ride the thing dozens of times, maybe more, and still not see everything there is to see.

The combinations will be random, so that you never know what you're going to get.
I have heard something similar. Basically there will be different beginnings, middles and ends that will combine randomly to have quite a few different ride possibilities.

EPCOT Explorer

Seeing that this information is lining up to be true...Wow. This is going to be VERY interesting. Will there be anyway to determine what ride you get?

I'd love it if one of the scenarios or the Easter Eggs turned out to be a remastered version of the original..:eek:

Zip-D-Dude

Shall I start a petition for the Star Wars Holiday Special overlay?

// Happy Life Day

One of the sections should be deicated to the Holiday special. Bea Arthur singing for 10 minutes :eek: or Chewbaca's family barking at each other for another 10 min.:confused:

Or for fun sake make the doors lock and they cannot get out until the whole thing finishes :lol:. People thought motion sickness was bad.

Just saw the Holiday completely for the first time. WOW! :eek: :hurl:

Oh and Happy Life day to you too.

Uncle Lupe

With my luck I will get the same random ride each time. Maybe different simulators could go to different "destinations" each day. Line a for Endor or line b for Naboo etc..

CaptainMichael

I think the queue could be reworked to actually enhance the experience. I can't quite put my finger on what "it" is, but something isn't quite right with the queue currently. The loading area is most certainly "off" and needs the most work.

EPCOT Explorer

I think the queue could be reworked to actually enhance the experience. I can't quite put my finger on what "it" is, but something isn't quite right with the queue currently. The loading area is most certainly "off" and needs the most work.

Seriously?! :lol: I like the queue better than the whole ride. Perfect representation of the ambiance of Star Wars. Ask Nick, I was pretty excited to be in there.

RSoxNo1

Take this for what it's worth.

George Lucas was on the Daily Show last night promoting a book. He did not mention Star Tours at all, nor did he even allude to it. He did however reference 3 different generations of Star Wars fans - the fans of the original trilogy, who often hate the new trilogy. The younger fans of the new trilogy, that often hate the original trilogy. And now the fans of Clone Wars who are often younger than those that enjoy the new trilogy.

He also mentioned that characters like Jar Jar Binks appeal to those younger fans that like the new trilogy, but dislike the old trilogy.

Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but I would come to expect references to at least the two trilogies and possibly Clone Wars as well (not sure how that would work, but whatever). If this is Lucas' mindset, I would not be surprised to have the attraction have a very broad scope. This would lend creedence to the multiple beginnings/middles and endings, but you may also have a situation where someone that likes the original trilogy ends up with a ride that mostly references the new trilogy, and vice versa.

Mr.EPCOT

I love the Star Tours queue, but it's strange to me that they would route their passengers through one of their maintenance areas before boarding! Even in the first room, why would you plop down a StarSpeeder that's obviously been through some kind of dangerous ordeal right in front of your paying customers?! So, yeah, within the context of the story that's kind of bizarre, but it's still one of the best queues, and could certainly get even better with some enhancements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom