Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Festivus

Just had a thought, a separate thread about TSMM made me think of this. Regarding the rumors about the multiple beginnings, middles, endings, and the randomization of each; does anyone know if there has been talk of them switching out the destination/scenarios seasonally like is rumored to happen with TSMM?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just had a thought, a separate thread about TSMM made me think of this. Regarding the rumors about the multiple beginnings, middles, endings, and the randomization of each; does anyone know if there has been talk of them switching out the destination/scenarios seasonally like is rumored to happen with TSMM?
It is my understanding that they will have multiple beginnings, middles and ends producing and exponential number of scenarios.

Festivus

It is my understanding that they will have multiple beginnings, middles and ends producing and exponential number of scenarios.

Yes, just curious if maybe there was talk of having certain scenario options at certain of years, changing, adding, deleting some over time, etc...

sponono88

An interview with Tony Baxter at yesterday's EO event. This is what he had to say about Star Tours 2:

EndorExpress: Right. Cutting to the chase now, any update on Star Tours 2 coming up?

Baxter: Well, it’s coming up!

EndorExpress: It’s coming up and is 2011 still the launch?

Baxter: This year we will be closing the current show and there’ll probably be an announcement about that – and yeah, sometime in mid 2011.

EndorExpress: And it will be a 3D event as well?

Baxter: Yeah, it’s awesome, you’ll be able to go on it a million times without seeing all the stuff that we’ve put in there, yeah.

EndorExpress: So are you saying that there will be variables like in the Indiana Jones Adventure?

Baxter: It’s going to have a lot of you know, things. …Surprises.

EndorExpress: Different destinations?

Baxter: Well. There are a lot of places to go in the universe. [Laughs]

http://www.endorexpress.net/special-features/baxter-interview/

Maerj

I just hope this ride won't be all Podracing on Tatooine because if it is I for one will not be riding this. The same pod race over and over again, no way!

:lookaroun Just had to get one in, I know someone else will...seriously.

puntagordabob

I love the idea of multiple "experiences" in one show or attraction.... would be great if they put that in the Tiki Room!!!! Good way to allow the show to be classical in one showing and flip to another version and another.. it could be done...and it would make the shows last longer...and just think, if they created a new version they could use it and the older versions at the same time...imagine, no one would be upset or unhappy. Dont like the new version? No problem, next show is the #### version that you like... etc...

PhantomX

Im glad Baxter has basically confirmed multiple destinations/adventurs. After waiting 12 years for the this attraction just making 1 new film would end up being disappointing especially if it was the podrace storyline.

EPCOT Explorer

Im glad Baxter has basically confirmed multiple destinations/adventurs. After waiting 12 years for the this attraction just making 1 new film would end up being disappointing especially if it was the podrace storyline.

Hopefully we will all get lucky and get the StarSpeeder that does NOT get the Pod Racing scenario...:lookaroun:lol:

Festivus

Me too. However, I don't have any problem with a podracer scenario being one of many scenarios. I'm sure we will see multiple environments on the ride based on the highlights from the 6 films, ie - podracers, asteroids, hoth/walkers, speederbikes. I've said this before, I would LOVE to see/experience the internal raid on the Death Star from E6, blowing up the core and then having to escape.

EPCOT Explorer

Me too. However, I don't have any problem with a podracer scenario being one of many scenarios. I'm sure we will see multiple environments on the ride based on the highlights from the 6 films, ie - podracers, asteroids, hoth/walkers, speederbikes. I've said this before, I would LOVE to see/experience the internal raid on the Death Star from E6, blowing up the core and then having to escape.

That SHOULD be the finale. :D

For ST1.0 we had the first Death Star raid....the obviously choice for ST2.0 is the second Death Star.

...However...bad though...what about the Trade Federation Battle Station from E1?
378854278_98a7da1937.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom