Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Festivus

That SHOULD be the finale. :D

For ST1.0 we had the first Death Star raid....the obviously choice for ST2.0 is the second Death Star.

...However...bad though...what about the Trade Federation Battle Station from E1?
378854278_98a7da1937.jpg

I'm all for any recreation of a worthwhile action sequence from any of the 6 films. E1 is a much criticized film for good reasons, but it did have some spectacular action sequences, including podracing, the final space battle, as well as the phenomonal Jinn/Kenobi/Maul lightsaber duel at the end. The problem with the film is everything else in between those scenes. In general, I have no problem with any prequel content being included in ST 2.0. The thing is, Star Wars is like pizza, even when it's bad (E1), it's still pretty good...

EPCOT Explorer

I'm all for any recreation of a worthwhile action sequence from any of the 6 films. E1 is a much criticized film for good reasons, but it did have some spectacular action sequences, including podracing, the final space battle, as well as the phenomonal Jinn/Kenobi/Maul lightsaber duel at the end. The problem with the film is everything else in between those scenes. In general, I have no problem with any prequel content being included in ST 2.0. The thing is, Star Wars is like pizza, even when it's bad (E1), it's still pretty good...
That is a very, very, very good way of putting it. :lol:

I don't think I would mind a TradeFed battle for the finale, but, as said, Death Star II is really where it's at. Way more iconic in that sense.

WishIwasThere

I just can't wait for them to start the process of doing the upgrade to ST 2.0. We have known its coming for the last six months and still not timeline as to when its going to shut down and how long it will take. Will this be one of those things they announce a year ahead of time before it actually gets done?

RSoxNo1

I've heard a few things for the timetable. I think the closing date of October 2010 is pretty much set in stone, but the re-opening date seems to be cloudy. I've heard spring 2011, but I've also heard October 2011. Does anyone know for sure?

As for the effect on the park, if this is a Simpsons level attraction (or better), it will be a huge plus to the park. It will help spread out the crowds that much more, and it will help curb the ridiculous delays in Toy Story Mania's fastpass return times. When running at full capacity, Star Tours can handle very large crowds, and the Fastpass demand will undoubtedly increase after it re-opens.

hpyhnt 1000

I've heard a few things for the timetable. I think the closing date of October 2010 is pretty much set in stone, but the re-opening date seems to be cloudy. I've heard spring 2011, but I've also heard October 2011. Does anyone know for sure?

As for the effect on the park, if this is a Simpsons level attraction (or better), it will be a huge plus to the park. It will help spread out the crowds that much more, and it will help curb the ridiculous delays in Toy Story Mania's fastpass return times. When running at full capacity, Star Tours can handle very large crowds, and the Fastpass demand will undoubtedly increase after it re-opens.

Yes! It would be great to see ST return to that strong D/secondary E ticket status again. If the multiple destinations/endings is true (which it appears to be) the re-rideablity of the attraction will be enough to keep people coming back.

I must say, I'm becoming more and more hopeful about this refurb; I think, if anything, George Lucas would want to make sure its done properly as a way to both generate new fans and please the orignal E-IV followers.

BrerVeritas

I think I see both the second Death Star and Kashyyk (the wookie homeworld) in the background of that picture. So maybe we will get a nice balance of both Prequel and Original trilogy destinations. Not sure how they would work that storywise though.

IWant2GoNow

That top left forest picture looks an awful lot like Dagobah... and the picture below that looks an awful lot like Yoda... :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun :sohappy:

Maerj

I think I see both the second Death Star and Kashyyk (the wookie homeworld) in the background of that picture. So maybe we will get a nice balance of both Prequel and Original trilogy destinations. Not sure how they would work that storywise though.

Easy enough, the locations exist in both the prequel era and the original trilogy era. Just because the movies didn't go to a particular place in a particular time, it doesn't mean that it isn't there. With the obvious exception of Alderaan, the Death Stars, etc.

The name of the ride is Star Tours, thus implying a tour through the stars. We should be seeing all sorts of great locations both old and new.

It would make sense to have it open for Star Wars Weekends next year, hopefully they are shooting for that time.

IWant2GoNow

On a second look... the second picture down isn't Yoda. Looks like some sort of vehicle flying through the forest in the top photo.

FigmentJedi

As cool as Death Star II run would be, I'd imagine they're gonna try putting Star Tours 2 into a more definitive place in the continuity rather then the vague, unexplained Death Star 3 of the original.

BrerVeritas

Easy enough, the locations exist in both the prequel era and the original trilogy era. Just because the movies didn't go to a particular place in a particular time, it doesn't mean that it isn't there. With the obvious exception of Alderaan, the Death Stars, etc.

I was just thinking, that it if it was indeed Kashyyk, at the time of the second Death Star battle that entire planet would have been enslaved by the empire. Not exactly a prime tourist destination. But perhaps I'm over-geeking it a bit with that one.

But, as the other poster mentioned, that could be Dagobah as well. So, maybe its not an issue.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As long as they don't use the Body Wars simulators for the ride, i'm perfectly fine :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

star tours II should rock the world! :)

Master Gracey 5

If this is correct, they'll be closed for about 9 months. Other than work on the simulators, any idea how much work they will do on the queue area? I imagine that will take up the most time.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I haven't checked up on this rumor in while. Multiple storylines = sweetness. I just hope this isn't the classic Orlando gets a scaled thing whilst Anaheim gets something that's a lot better.

bit of a er, still Im sure theyll get something to fill the void its refurb will cause.

Creating the void, then filling the void! We will be taking one trip that coincides with the closure and my son will be dissapointed, but maybe I can get him excited about the upgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom