Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

EPCOT Explorer

Take this for what it's worth.

George Lucas was on the Daily Show last night promoting a book. He did not mention Star Tours at all, nor did he even allude to it. He did however reference 3 different generations of Star Wars fans - the fans of the original trilogy, who often hate the new trilogy. The younger fans of the new trilogy, that often hate the original trilogy. And now the fans of Clone Wars who are often younger than those that enjoy the new trilogy.

He also mentioned that characters like Jar Jar Binks appeal to those younger fans that like the new trilogy, but dislike the old trilogy.

Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but I would come to expect references to at least the two trilogies and possibly Clone Wars as well (not sure how that would work, but whatever). If this is Lucas' mindset, I would not be surprised to have the attraction have a very broad scope. This would lend creedence to the multiple beginnings/middles and endings, but you may also have a situation where someone that likes the original trilogy ends up with a ride that mostly references the new trilogy, and vice versa.
As long as it is concise, and captures the feeling of Star Wars as well as this incarnation, I'm set.

That leaves no room for Jar Jar, BTW.:lookaroun:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I love the Star Tours queue, but it's strange to me that they would route their passengers through one of their maintenance areas before boarding! Even in the first room, why would you plop down a StarSpeeder that's obviously been through some kind of dangerous ordeal right in front of your paying customers?! So, yeah, within the context of the story that's kind of bizarre, but it's still one of the best queues, and could certainly get even better with some enhancements.

I think that goes with the Studios Allusion....You are walking through the set.

*waits for Servo to correct this*

EPCOT Explorer

That has nothing to do with it, because it's exactly the same out at Disneyland, too.

Well, Storylines do change from coast to coast, look at TSMM. However, I doubt that.

Maybe you took a wrong turn? 3P0 really DID forget to discharge the cannon and blew a hall in the wall? :lol:

MousDad

Take this for what it's worth.

George Lucas was on the Daily Show last night promoting a book. He did not mention Star Tours at all, nor did he even allude to it. He did however reference 3 different generations of Star Wars fans - the fans of the original trilogy, who often hate the new trilogy. The younger fans of the new trilogy, that often hate the original trilogy. And now the fans of Clone Wars who are often younger than those that enjoy the new trilogy.

He also mentioned that characters like Jar Jar Binks appeal to those younger fans that like the new trilogy, but dislike the old trilogy.

Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but I would come to expect references to at least the two trilogies and possibly Clone Wars as well (not sure how that would work, but whatever). If this is Lucas' mindset, I would not be surprised to have the attraction have a very broad scope. This would lend creedence to the multiple beginnings/middles and endings, but you may also have a situation where someone that likes the original trilogy ends up with a ride that mostly references the new trilogy, and vice versa.

Say what you want about him, but you have to admit he does keep his ear to the ground. He's right about Jar Jar. The younger set loves him.

Plus he knows how to follow the golden rule of franchising: Create things that appeal to all demographics. That way, even if they all hate each other and you, they'll still all be giving you money. :lol:

EpcotServo

I think that goes with the Studios Allusion....You are walking through the set.

*waits for Servo to correct this*

No. It's just cooler that way.
:lol:

Chalk it up to Star Tours is a product of the best days of Star Wars, when everything was supposed to look worn down and gritty. They better not change it too much...Star Tours is all about the awesome gritty detail. Besides, Star Tours was designed to look and feel more like an intergalactic BUS system, not a new and shiny airport.

EPCOT Explorer

Say what you want about him, but you have to admit he does keep his ear to the ground. He's right about Jar Jar. The younger set loves him.

Plus he knows how to follow the golden rule of franchising: Create things that appeal to all demographics. That way, even if they all hate each other and you, they'll still all be giving you money. :lol:
But still pay homage to the original idea and demographic that made you popular in the first place.

Heeellooooooooooo, EPCOT Center.

No. It's just cooler that way.
:lol:

Chalk it up to Star Tours is a product of the best days of Star Wars, when everything was supposed to look worn down and gritty. They better not change it too much...Star Tours is all about the awesome gritty detail. Besides, Star Tours was designed to look and feel more like an intergalactic BUS system, not a new and shiny airport.

Agreed. Don't make this all Art Deco-y and gleaming like those Naboo craft. :hurl::lol::lookaroun

DisneyDad53

Multiple Experiences? Im sorry if I seem like a total newb, but I don't recall hearing about different endings. Did I miss that announcement or is it just rumors at this point? I thouhgt I read it in the forums but did it come from somewhere or was it just a suggestion.

RSoxNo1

Multiple Experiences? Im sorry if I seem like a total newb, but I don't recall hearing about different endings. Did I miss that announcement or is it just rumors at this point? I thouhgt I read it in the forums but did it come from somewhere or was it just a suggestion.

It has appeared in many different areas that the ride would have different experiences. Initially the numbers that were rumored was 25 different beginnings, middles and endings, I've seen that number as low as 5, and that could just as easily be 5 different experiences, not 5 interchangeable beginnings, middles and endings.

With all that said, it does seem that there will be different experiences in some form.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It has appeared in many different areas that the ride would have different experiences. Initially the numbers that were rumored was 25 different beginnings, middles and endings, I've seen that number as low as 5, and that could just as easily be 5 different experiences, not 5 interchangeable beginnings, middles and endings.

With all that said, it does seem that there will be different experiences in some form.

I remember conjecturing on how entertaining it would be if the 25^3 different stories were just random so the beginning, middle, and end were just kind of grab bag. Scene 1: You're being chased by Jar Jar around a kitchen table. Scene 2: You're at Wicket the Ewok's dance club and Scene 3: Chewbaca's awkward first date.

RSoxNo1

What I'm hearing now is that the beginning and ending will be the same, and it's how they get between the two that will be variable. Not sure on how many different options there will be.

Does anyone know what the total capacity of Star Tours is if all of the bays are running?

SirGoofy

What I'm hearing now is that the beginning and ending will be the same, and it's how they get between the two that will be variable. Not sure on how many different options there will be.

I've still only ever heard different beginnings, middles, and ends.

Does anyone know what the total capacity of Star Tours is if all of the bays are running?

40 people per simulator, and I think there are 6 simulators? So theoretically 240 people at once.

EPCOT Explorer

Add me to the list of not hearing that. I think EVERYTHING is going to be different. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom