Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

EPCOT Explorer

You misread what I wrote. I was talking about I don't see a hotset infront of Tower of Terror:rolleyes:. Those pics you posted are the problem I have with the current Star Tours set up. Now you and others are saying its two different parts of the park but where do they make that clear and why do we even need this other part of the park where rides look like movie sets? Is Toy Story Mania supposed to be real or is it supposed to be a movie set? What about Muppets?

They should stop trying to copy Universal and just have the park be focused on taking you back to the golden age of hollywood as well as different fantasy lands from movies. The set theming is cheesy and it ain't fooling anybody.

But the pics Lee posted show the complete opposite. Chewbacca isn't real because Disney is telling us he isn't to our face.
They don't, and you are right, it's a problem. However, I find that the thematics for ST works VERY well.:D It's obvious that they are filming something in their universe.

Exprcoofto

They don't, and you are right, it's a problem. However, I find that the thematics for ST works VERY well.:D It's obvious that they are filming something in their universe.

Then where is the switch point to the storyline of the RIDE where you're on a tour gone wrong? :brick: (unless I'm viewing this completely wrong, and if so, please shine some light on it)

Lee

Adventurer
You misread what I wrote. I was talking about I don't see a hotset infront of Tower of Terror:rolleyes:
My bad.

Now you and others are saying its two different parts of the park but where do they make that clear and why do we even need this other part of the park where rides look like movie sets?
Why not?
They have a whole section of the park built to look like a set of New York. Not the real city, a set. Why do we need that? Why all those forced perspective flats?
Because it was designed to be a studio-style park. Part was made to look like a back lot (Star Tours, New York, etc), part to look like a front lot (Mickey Avenue, the original tour, Animation, etc) and part to bring to mind the nostalgic Hollywood.
I'll grant you that the transitions aren't made very clear, but still....I don't see how it could cause anyone any real confusion.

Is Toy Story Mania supposed to be real or is it supposed to be a movie set? What about Muppets?.
Toy Story is set in Pixar Place. Built to resemble in many ways Pixar's HQ. Once again, you visit a movie-making facility and find yourself "in a movie". In this case, shrunk down to the size of a toy.
Muppets is a whole 'nother deal. Had they gone ahead with Muppet Studios, it would have fit right in with the backlot theme. Leaving it as a stand alone attraction makes it sort of out of place.

The set theming is cheesy and it ain't fooling anybody
Nope, not fooling anybody. Certainly not like Frontierland where I could just swear I was in the old west. Or TL....or AL...etc.
It ain't about "fooling" anyone.

Eh...it's a silly argument. You like it/get it or you don't.:shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

Where are you seeing "Starspeeder 1000".

I hope there is SOME original Tril. left....where do you see the 1000 reference?

BEHOLD!

Embiggening courtesy of EndorExpress.net...
ss1000a.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Am I alone not giving a ________ about so called back stories? An enjoyable attraction is an enjoyable attraction, average tourists like me dont know the stories, and quite possibly dont give a monkeys either. :shrug:

Infact if the got rid of the faux filming at LMA it may not be the borefest it now is.

DisneyLeo18

Am I alone not giving a ________ about so called back stories? An enjoyable attraction is an enjoyable attraction, average tourists like me dont know the stories, and quite possibly dont give a monkeys either. :shrug:

Infact if the got rid of the faux filming at LMA it may not be the borefest it now is.

AGREED! I saw this show for the first time last year and thought it was great except for all the in between stuff.

PhantomX

Where did you find such High res art of the new starspeeder?

That's very interesting to me that they did that. It certainly suggests that every aspect of the fictional star tours company will be different. Including new ads, new queue, etc. in order to reflect that this is Clone Wars era and not post-ROTJ which is the current version. It would be neat if on the ticker at the bottom of the screen it could say things like "Flights to Magetoo have been cancelled due to a conflict between republic and seperatist forces"

TheBeatles

Will there be any themeing done to the room which houses the simulators?

I always thought it was odd that you enter a black room, but once the screen opens up inside the speeder, you are looking out into an environment which does not resemble what you just walked through.

EpcotServo

I always thought it was odd that you enter a black room, but once the screen opens up inside the speeder, you are looking out into an environment which does not resemble what you just walked through.

Because there's way too much support technolgies in there to theme. Plus you'd notice that the Starspeeder you're entering is of a VASTLY different shape than the one in the queue, so it must remain dark.

EPCOT Explorer

Where did you find such High res art of the new starspeeder?

That's very interesting to me that they did that. It certainly suggests that every aspect of the fictional star tours company will be different. Including new ads, new queue, etc. in order to reflect that this is Clone Wars era and not post-ROTJ which is the current version. It would be neat if on the ticker at the bottom of the screen it could say things like "Flights to Magetoo have been cancelled due to a conflict between republic and seperatist forces"
I'm still hoping for it bridging the whole franchise, but as long as it looks and feels "real", I'm set.

Always wondered that, too....But thought that you were in a loading tunnel? You can's see the front that way.

_Scar

Prediction: If Star Tours has all 6 Movies....We end with the destruction of Death Star II.:D

I think it'd have aspects of all 6. Certainly it couldn't follow any storyline. It'd be odd to see Jar Jar in the beginning and Ewoks at the end. :lol:

It'd be odd to see Jar Jar period actually... :lookaroun

hemloc

Lousy NDA's... Wish I could spoil it for y'all, but alas, I cannot :(.. I will say this, though... I peed my pants(& my neighbors!) worse than I did at an AVATAR screening:eek:!!! I should add, haven't done the ride, but have seen the movie, so I don't even know what the whole experience will be like...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom