Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Lee

Adventurer
Lousy NDA's... Wish I could spoil it for y'all, but alas, I cannot :(.. I will say this, though... I peed my pants(& my neighbors!) worse than I did at an AVATAR screening:eek:!!! I should add, haven't done the ride, but have seen the movie, so I don't even know what the whole experience will be like...
I haven't seen it, of course, but I have been told that it's amazing.
Excerpt from an email report I got: "This isn't your father's Star Tours.":D
Really looking forward to it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Am I alone not giving a ________ about so called back stories? An enjoyable attraction is an enjoyable attraction, average tourists like me dont know the stories, and quite possibly dont give a monkeys either. :shrug:

Infact if the got rid of the faux filming at LMA it may not be the borefest it now is.

You realize Disney was founded on telling good stories, it's the backbone of everything, whether it's well-known or not.

LMA is a borefest because it takes a lot of time to set up each scene.

EPCOT Explorer

I think it'd have aspects of all 6. Certainly it couldn't follow any storyline. It'd be odd to see Jar Jar in the beginning and Ewoks at the end. :lol:

It'd be odd to see Jar Jar period actually... :lookaroun
:fork: If Jar Jar is there....

Lousy NDA's... Wish I could spoil it for y'all, but alas, I cannot :(.. I will say this, though... I peed my pants(& my neighbors!) worse than I did at an AVATAR screening:eek:!!! I should add, haven't done the ride, but have seen the movie, so I don't even know what the whole experience will be like...
So, WOW, you've seen it? :eek: Hints....please...if you can. :lol:
The thing is...will a SW Geek like it?

So has the whole randomized beginning/middle/end segments rumor been debunked, did I miss that?

Don't know. Nothing concrete has been said about that.

Jasonflz

With all of this talk, I wonder who will helm the score for the attraction?
Richard Bellis did a great job with the current one, with all of the chimes and music added on, so I don't see any problem re-hiring him. :shrug:

hemloc

So, WOW, you've seen it? :eek: Hints....please...if you can. :lol:

I could tell ya, but I'd have to Force Choke ya afterwards, hehe... Can't really say much(No way in heck I am gonna tick off my source at Lucasfilm, cuz she's awesome!!), but the version I saw still had SMPTE timecode attached and no musical soundtrack.

EPCOT Explorer

I could tell ya, but I'd have to Force Choke ya afterwards, hehe... Can't really say much(No way in heck I am gonna tick off my source at Lucasfilm, cuz she's awesome!!), but the version I saw still had SMPTE timecode attached and no musical soundtrack.

Well...I ask you this....Will a Star Wars fanboi and REX Fanboi like it? :)

EpcotServo

Ugh. I hate that saying. All I can ever think of when somebody says that is "But I liked my Father's Star Tours?"

:dazzle: :lol:

BigThunderMatt

So has the whole randomized beginning/middle/end segments rumor been debunked, did I miss that?

I can't imagine something like this would be that hard to implement. DVD players are capable of producing something with the same basic principle (e.g. randomized selection). The projection will be digital (ergo there is no film) and it's not like an onboard computer capable of selecting a random beginning, middle, and end is that far-fetched. It would certainly extend the freshness of the attraction. Especially if the random sections were in the double digits (10 at least) as this would mean the possible number of combinations would be quite high. When you get down to it, the concept of the ride is very simple and considering the length of the entire attraction would likely not exceed 5 minutes and CGI being as prolific as it is, I don't think 10 per section would be too difficult a feat to accomplish, especially with ILM. I mean, come on. Episode III was practically all CGI minus the key actors. They've got it down to a science at this point.

EPCOT Explorer

I can't imagine something like this would be that hard to implement. DVD players are capable of producing something with the same basic principle (e.g. randomized selection). The projection will be digital (ergo there is no film) and it's not like an onboard computer capable of selecting a random beginning, middle, and end is that far-fetched. It would certainly extend the freshness of the attraction. Especially if the random sections were in the double digits (10 at least) as this would mean the possible number of combinations would be quite high. When you get down to it, the concept of the ride is very simple and considering the length of the entire attraction would likely not exceed 5 minutes and CGI being as prolific as it is, I don't think 10 per section would be too difficult a feat to accomplish, especially with ILM. I mean, come on. Episode III was practically all CGI minus the key actors. They've got it down to a science at this point.

I agree....and it would go perfectly with the description of "We are doing things with this ride never done in a theme park before..."

Maerj

Well, there was a lot of CG in the prequels, but it wasn't as much as some people think. There were a lot of models and minatures used in them, they just put the live actors into the miniature backgrounds.

Anyway, just wanted to say that, back to the Star Tours II rumors and news...

sponono88

originally posted by 01spirit750 at MiceChat:

I recieved some information about the Star Tours II updates.

ILM (Industrial Light and magic) has just wrapped up their work on the Star Tours II video updates. I will try to get more information, but from what I was told:

There will be 5 different "scenarios"

Of course what does scenarios mean? Destinations? Variations with the same destination? I do not know.

Chris

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom