SSE will color change! (Updates too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashNet

Color Kinetics is the leader and the patent holder for all LED control. Philips, trying to advance their market hold just recently bought Color Kinetics. This took place earlier this year.

On a side note, for anyone trying to imagine what the possibilities could be for SSE, just take a look at Main Street during the Not So Scary Party......Main Street "comes to life" in lights & Color synced to the BGM that is being played. This will give you a darn good idea what .... just might happen to SSE :D
Whoa wait...the lights on Mainstreet USA for No So Scary are different from last year? That change to the music? When did I miss this memo?

Pictures, video...anyone???

travelskip

Bottom line: there are new lights, they may be for something. We don't know much about what they will be used for but it's cool to know disney has them. Oh and Disney doesn't pay retail.

PKD

Whoa wait...the lights on Mainstreet USA for No So Scary are different from last year? That change to the music? When did I miss this memo?

I don't have video of them in action, however you will notice the colors are VERY clean and bright.

IMG_0011.jpg

They have replaced each set of 6-8 fixtures with just two fixtures.
IMG_0013.jpg

PhotoDave219

That is quite a bold statement! I wouldn't say its proof. For all we know Disney have a huge batch of that type of light, and they are just using those as standard now for new projects to give them the capability to do anything they need in the future, whether that is changing SE colors or not. We'll find out soon enough though, but until then though, everyone just remember it MAY not happen. The way some of you are talking here, it's like we have just seen concept art of the finished product! ;)

So what youre saying is that they just might be replacing the light with an LED based light (thats what the photos look like) and then just put whatever appropriate gel or programming to mimic the way it currently is, right?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Oh yes - Main St looked like a disco. LED floods on all the roofs, lighting up the opposite buildings, gobos panning down the street and across the facades (when it was dry!)

I`ve plenty of vid of the LED lights dancing / changing / flashing to the loops. I`m sure someone will beat me to it though. I`ve a pile of projects on the go right now, even before I begin editing (and I`m back to work with a bang too)

jmvd20

Don't let the low watts mislead you. These guys are very bright and can throw a nice wash. They just are not as strong as the lights you see on Main Street for MNSSHP. Dsnyguy75 is correct that a lot of the LED lights you see on property are the Arc C from Pixel Range based out of Tenn.

Thanks for the info...

But still these lights will not throw enough light to illuminate SSE which is why I stated that they will be for tree/lower level lighting purposes. Does not mean SSE will not be lit up, just that these lights will not be doing it themselves.

Just so happens one of our commercial lighting suppliers has recently sold some of these to a shopping center for exterior fountain lighting and the rep is very familiar with these lights. Yes - I was bored this morning and was in the project trailer with not much to do so I made some calls. Let's just say that you most assuredly do not want to be paying even close to 6K for the 6 fixture system, or 5K, and most likely not even 4K... But I digress...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
As of last week, Mickey Av was still a mess. Side note; I took this Monday the 8th. The glass is being installed really fast.

**Martin gets huge pleasure in being able to give a few photographic updates for a change!!**
that is crazy. that looks like a months worth... granted, we didnt see the updated ground, errr, dirt

Steve, the point was that when people were proven wrong, they never recanted nor apologized.

If you dont want me to post to your site, feel free to tell me. If not, I do request some courtesy though to not blatantly dismiss what i say.

If you don't know the answer, don't suppose that I don't.
come on merf, the title was misleading, not a big deal, it made me open it and read to find out what was going on, if you have evidence post it, if not then that is fine, we will give you credit come december.... stop being so dramatic and acting like a woman :lol:

elgentry

I'm not sure if they'd quite have the throw for lighting the sphere of SSE. Would be pretty cool, but judging from the sample installation pictures like this
RadioShack10_LG.jpg

I'm inclined to agree with the low levels of the building/supports theory.

I work right next door to this place in Downtown Ft Worth. :D

CaptainMichael

Money means nothing to Disney. There used to be 45 lightbulbs in Dinosaur that were $10 a piece and needed to be changed every 3 days. That's roughly $54,000 a year spent on lightbulbs in a small (time dimension part) part of the attraction. Now, they've since switched lightbulbs, but I don't find it hard to believe that Disney would shell out the big bucks for some fancy lighting for palm trees around EPCOT's centerpiece.

mcranmer

Merf,

You are catching some heat on the title of this thread, and I am not sure that it is warrented. Over the last few years I seen several threads based on much less evidence (an entire new kingdom in AK comes to mind) than you presented.

Whatever....

I look forward to your posts more than anyone elses. Your photo updates are tremendous. Please don't let this one negative experience dissuade you from continuing to post here. Your absence would make the entire site something less than it is, which is usually pretty awesome!

My two cents...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Merf,

You are catching some heat on the title of this thread, and I am not sure that it is warrented. Over the last few years I seen several threads based on much less evidence (an entire new kingdom in AK comes to mind) than you presented.

Whatever....

I am always one to point out if I think that information is outright wrong or misleading, and I have done so many times in the case of Beastly Kingdom and others. This is also the case as to why I stepped into this thread to point out to people that the spotting of some LED lights, whilst interesting, does not in any way mean that an entire color changing of Spaceship Earth is on the cards. If nobody says anything, this kind of information becomes internet "fact", and can cause a great deal of dissapointment later when it doesnt happen. I have seen this kind of thing happen frequently over the last 10 years. Believe it or not, I am trying to do the best thing for people like you, the readers of this site. If you would prefer to blindly follow anything that is written online without hearing the other side of a story, or considering other possiblities, then go ahead. :)

sillykid

Merf,

Whatever....

I look forward to your posts more than anyone elses. Your photo updates are tremendous. Please don't let this one negative experience dissuade you from continuing to post here. Your absence would make the entire site something less than it is, which is usually pretty awesome!

My two cents...

Great Post!
I could not have said it better!:D

Steve, the point was that when people were proven wrong, they never recanted nor apologized.

If you dont want me to post to your site, feel free to tell me. If not, I do request some courtesy though to not blatantly dismiss what i say.

If you don't know the answer, don't suppose that I don't.
Merf,you should start your own site so people will love your work,this site is very negative.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Merf,you should start your own site so people will love your work,this site is very negative.

How do you come to that conclusion? Or are you referring to SOME posters on this site being negative? The main site and the ideas behind it are faaaaaaaaaar from negative. My site is entirely based out of my enthusiasm for WDW. If you are referring to certain posters, we have over 50,000 members here, you will always find a variety of postive and negative personalities in that group size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom