SSE will color change! (Updates too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Really all we needed was a title change a simple "!" to "?" or "!?" or "?!" would have solved everything. ;) :D
actually, i think that an "i think" or "In my humble opinion SSE will be changing colors" would have been sufficient

again, i see the bigger picture and a pattern with said poster, but dang, i didnt think it would go this far

Testtrack321

Just a reminder...

Many moons ago:

Merf: Wand is coming down.
Peeps: n0 way3z! We pwn you stupid-face!

*later*

Merf: Oh look, the wand is down..
Peeps: *crickets*

Just a reminder...

Oh my god shut up. No one cares about your sources vs. seeing stuff on the ground. Those lights are hardly enough to light up all of SSE, maybe some, but not a lot. I mean those lights were directly under that wall and lit it up, not 100 feet away. You'd need TONS of those lights to light up SSE...

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Absolutely!

So, where in NoVa you at? I've had some adventures out that way :D

BruceWayne

i think steve is great, this is the only disney rumor site i visit regularly (or at all, really), so i appreciate what he does.

second, posters like merf need to understand that we greatly appreciate the pictures they take and their commentary (opinions) but unless they are actually employed as imagineers or are disney execs, pretty much everything they say should be scrutinized and taken with a grain of salt. i mean, i could post a picture of a hole in the middle of main street and make claims about how its going to be used for this that and the other, but until its actually announced by disney or constructed, etc. everything i say is just speculation. i mean, dont get me wrong i love seeing park updates and what not, and you may think youre a disney "expert" but what you are not is a disney employee privy to that sort of information.

until you are, i think its childish and ridiculous to get upset when people disagree with you about one of your speculations.

back on topic....i was at the world this past weekend and saw the toy story building in person for the first time, its huge! i didnt realize they were making the thing so dang big! must have a lot of themeing inside of it.

scottnj1966

How do you come to that conclusion? Or are you referring to SOME posters on this site being negative? The main site and the ideas behind it are faaaaaaaaaar from negative. My site is entirely based out of my enthusiasm for WDW. If you are referring to certain posters, we have over 50,000 members here, you will always find a variety of postive and negative personalities in that group size.

Steve dont let some of the people bother you.
Your site has always been great. Everyone knows that.

I think many people want them to illuminate SSE so bad that anything that may leed to that conclusion will make them happy. I for one would love to see it change colors like the castle, which brings me to that point, do you see the lighting needed to do that? Those also do 16 million colors.
SSE is bigger. Not sure why planter lights makes you think SSE is going to be be changing colors though and I sure dont understand why so many people are mad when someone disagree's.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
attachment.php

mkt

Premium Member
wait. Whis was an SSE thread?

Mea culpa

No hard feelings Merfy squirfy!

Slowjack

Someone said merf's "enthusiasm" is part of the "charm" here. Honestly, I find nothing charming about complaints or posts about every single miniscule change going on at WDW. I am also very enthusiastic about WDW, but in my own way. I don't need to know all the workings of WDW to have a good time, but hey I'm glad a lot of you do. It's just kinda sad when a site like this is generalized and we're all assumed to care about every single thing. And sheesh...all this bickering over light fixtures.

I'm done rambling...keep up the good work Steve...you have a lot more supporters than what appear to be here :)
That was me. Saying that I find Merf's enthusiasm part of the charm doesn't mean I find everything Merf writes to be charming. And if everyone here were as gung-ho as Merf we'd be in trouble. I didn't say that everyone here cares about everything as much as Merf does, since that's obviously not the case. Maybe you weren't referring to my post when you said that, I dunno.

My point is that I think it's great that there are people like Merf who trudge off to Epcot with camera in hand just to record some minor change to signage or something like that. I think it's part of the fun, and it gives us something to talk about here in between bouts of big news.

And for that matter, rumors are a large part of the fun, too, even though I know most them won't pan out. Take away the minutiae and the poorly substantiated rumors and we'd only have three or four new threads a year in the section. What fun is that?

Finally, and again, you may not be referring to my post, but I support Steve just like everyone else. He runs a great site.

DDuckFan130

That was me. Saying that I find Merf's enthusiasm part of the charm doesn't mean I find everything Merf writes to be charming. And if everyone here were as gung-ho as Merf we'd be in trouble. I didn't say that everyone here cares about everything as much as Merf does, since that's obviously not the case. Maybe you weren't referring to my post when you said that, I dunno.

My point is that I think it's great that there are people like Merf who trudge off to Epcot with camera in hand just to record some minor change to signage or something like that. I think it's part of the fun, and it gives us something to talk about here in between bouts of big news.

And for that matter, rumors are a large part of the fun, too, even though I know most them won't pan out. Take away the minutiae and the poorly substantiated rumors and we'd only have three or four new threads a year in the section. What fun is that?

Finally, and again, you may not be referring to my post, but I support Steve just like everyone else. He runs a great site.
:lol: I think it was you.

I agree, that it's great that we all have our own particular devotion for all things Disney. I don't share THAT kind of enthusiasm, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan :lol:

mkt

Premium Member
I've never lived there (nearly moved there in 2005 though)... however, I've had a ton of fun out that area

jmvd20

I understand that people, including myself like the picture updates.

However I could sure as heck deal without the outright lies...

Not calling people out when they are wrong only leads to more and more people believing that someone or something has credibility when in fact they do not. Someone in this thread has made the absurd comment that they were correct in posting about the wands demise. This is an outright mistruth as no one here was responsible for breaking the news on that story.

Some people need to realize that in order to maintain credibility mistruths need to be dealt with quickly, even if it comes from an attention starved person who likes to post pictures...

The more people hear something the more they start to believe it, whether it was based upon fact or lies in the first place.

The bottom line of this discussion should not be about LED's, but about one comment made about a wand being torn down.

Ban me, bash me... whatever - but the truth can sometimes hurt...

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
wait. Whis was an SSE thread? I thought this was the bash merf thread.

Mea culpa

This isn't supposed to be a bash anybody thread. Its a discussion forum, opposing viewpoints are supposed to be discussed without people being bashed for them or getting upset when someone disagrees. I'd love to see this thread get back on topic but I highly doubt that's going to happen. So now you can all be mad at me for locking this thread instead of Steve for speaking his mind. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom