SSE will color change! (Updates too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you come to that conclusion? Or are you referring to SOME posters on this site being negative? The main site and the ideas behind it are faaaaaaaaaar from negative. My site is entirely based out of my enthusiasm for WDW. If you are referring to certain posters, we have over 50,000 members here, you will always find a variety of postive and negative personalities in that group size.
Dude your losing some fans.Chill out

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Merf,

You are catching some heat on the title of this thread, and I am not sure that it is warrented. Over the last few years I seen several threads based on much less evidence (an entire new kingdom in AK comes to mind) than you presented.

Whatever....

I look forward to your posts more than anyone elses. Your photo updates are tremendous. Please don't let this one negative experience dissuade you from continuing to post here. Your absence would make the entire site something less than it is, which is usually pretty awesome!

My two cents...

Great Post!
I could not have said it better!:D

Merf,you should start your own site so people will love your work,this site is very negative.
Merf, looks like you have 3 subscribers already. :lol:

come on guys... we are talking about LED lights that are shining on palm trees the "could" or "could not" illuminate parts of SSE in the future. step back and look at the bigger picture here... slamming all of WDWMAGIC and generalizing the site isnt fare to those that arent trolls and/or mean people :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Not looking for fans like some people, just trying to run a good, accurate site, and have a good time doing it :wave:

Oh and dont tell me to chill out on my own site. Thanks.

DisneySaint

Never said they were for the spjhere, did i? If you hop off your high horse, you'll notice that there's no good reason to light the trees in 16.7 million colors unless they intend to also light the building.

merf what the heck are you whining about this time? What does "hop off your high horse" mean? I made a comment and suddenly I'm on a pedestal. Just because you are resident Disney addict doesn't mean others can't comment.

The lights you are talking about are pointed at the trees currently. You cannot simply draw a conclusion of what you are so positive they are going to do. Why can't they light up the tree with 16.7 million colors? If that's what Siemens wants to do that's what's going to happen. I agree it's a lot of money to be spending on lighting trees, but isn't Disney building the monorail also a frivolous expense?

YOU get off YOUR horse and play nice. This is an open forum and if you don't want people to comment on what you post, make a blog and link to it. This is a Discussion board last time I checked; be prepared for criticism.

DisneySaint

P.S. - Steve thank you for being a supportive admin against attention-demanding, conclusion-drawing, know-it-all's.

Slowjack

I am always one to point out if I think that information is outright wrong or misleading, and I have done so many times in the case of Beastly Kingdom and others. This is also the case as to why I stepped into this thread to point out to people that the spotting of some LED lights, whilst interesting, does not in any way mean that an entire color changing of Spaceship Earth is on the cards. If nobody says anything, this kind of information becomes internet "fact", and can cause a great deal of dissapointment later when it doesnt happen. I have seen this kind of thing happen frequently over the last 10 years. Believe it or not, I am trying to do the best thing for people like you, the readers of this site. If you would prefer to blindly follow anything that is written online without hearing the other side of a story, or considering other possiblities, then go ahead. :)
Steve, I understand your point and it's a valid one. I just want to point out, though, that your real problem should be with people who read what is essentially hopeful speculation and turn that into fact, not the people who post the hopeful speculation. If you're going to have a site that encourages "rumors" there will always be people who misinterpret them.

I guess I'm posting this because Merf's enthusiasm and exuberance about WDW and Epcot specifically are one of this forum's charms, in my opinion, and I would hate to see that dampened. I can't get to Epcot nearly as much as I would like, but when I read that Merf is dancing a merfy dance, even though I haven't a clue what that means, it brightens my day.

maggiegrace1

Steve, the point was that when people were proven wrong, they never recanted nor apologized.

If you dont want me to post to your site, feel free to tell me. If not, I do request some courtesy though to not blatantly dismiss what i say.

If you don't know the answer, don't suppose that I don't.

This has nothing to do with lights..but you are bothered that no one took back what they said or apologized to you..but I have rarely if ever seen you post a .."Thanks"..or "You are welcome" to any of the posters on this board for all of the .."Thanks Merf"..or "Great pictures Merf" or "we appreciate all your updates Merf"

Don't you think they all deserve the courtesy of you giving a simple comment back after they applaud you for what you do?

I just had to say this..because it has bothered me for a while that you never seem to thank anyone in return.:shrug:

:lookaroun

CBOMB

Are you going to be one of them?

Thanks Steve for posting an alternative idea, just like other people have in this thread. I certainly hope this doesn't turn into a name calling contest from a few people. By the way I think you have managed to maintain an excellent web site over a 10 year period. I think the vast majority of people in this forum would agree with that also. I hope people in the future do not want an apology if another poster disagrees with them in a respectful way. Like most things we will find out the significance of these lights eventually.
I certainly have no business in telling anyone else how to post. However if you form statements in a manner where they sound like fact that can be very misleading to some people. If you ask for opinions of what others think about a certain find, and then state what you may think they are, it might avoid some confussion, and hurt feelings.

SDav10495

Geez, everyone needs to count to 10 or something.

Last night I took a trip down memory lane lurking on a forum I used to frequent--it was kind of my life for a while. Anyway, that place went absolutely to hell almost two years ago thanks to admins and uber-posters much more blood-boiling than Steve and merf. Those who abandoned ship, many of them once-loyal mods like myself, have some pretty astounding stories about the way they were treated. Long story short, before anyone gets ideas of forum revolt into their heads, please know that the admin-poster and poster-poster relationships on this board could be much, much worse. We are lucky to have an admin as engaged as Steve and posters as passionate as merf, and believe it or not there's relatively little bad blood to be found here.

Group hug!

Disney_Freak429

Steve, I understand where you are comeing from. Wild dreams & our imagination can sometimes well run wild. Basicly what I meant by "something is changeing color" is that the lights are there for a reason not just to sit there. So either if it just for the refurb or to test a new lighting option for SSE, the supports, the trees, or whatever. The color change portion comes from the main use of these lights thats all. Merf again great update as always so don't be upset at all. All this bickering over a slighty oddly worded topic? Come on this isn't what we are here to do it's a great update & an insteresting find. Whatever it's for I am glad Merf got a picture of it. :D

Laura

Premium Member
Holy moly.

Steve steps in and does his job, which is to make sure things that are posted here as "fact" really are facts. He did so in a courteous and tactful way, and suddenly there's a Merf fan club throwing a hissy fit? Comon people.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
did that already happen once?
your not saying...... :eek:

Holy moly.

Steve steps in and does his job, which is to make sure things that are posted here as "fact" really are facts. He did so in a courteous and tactful way, and suddenly there's a Merf fan club throwing a hissy fit? Comon people.
yep, all over some LED lights. sounds about right. :rolleyes:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
When you have a figure as big as the almighty Merf, people tend to forget whose site it really is :rolleyes:

Isn't that right Merf? Weren't you posting as RobFL at one point as well? Or is it quite possible to have 2 CM's around the same age, with a scarily similar posting style, and from the same region of Florida...

maggiegrace1

When you have a figure as big as the almighty Merf, people tend to forget whose site it really is :rolleyes:

Isn't that right Merf? Weren't you posting as RobFL at one point as well? Or is it quite possible to have 2 CM's around the same age, with a scarily similar posting style, and from the same region of Florida...
They also look alike....:lookaroun

WDW Monorail

[Travelocity Roaming Gnome]Oh, grow up![/Travelocity Roaming Gnome]

Steve, you are the admin of this site. You are doing your job but you may have gotten a little carried away. Wouldn't a thread title change solve part of the problem?

Merf, you are a well respected member of this site and you provide valuable information on a weekly basis. The problem is that you have fed of off all of the compliments that you receive and the few times that you may have made a slight mistake, you become defensive. Why can't others have their opinion on your posts and information while you can comment on other's ideas?
Believe me, I really do think that SSE will get new color changing lights, but this thread has gone beyond that.
This forum is not about forming little clans and support groups that favor certain posters over others. We are all here for pretty much the same reason, for our love of WDW.

I do enjoy all of your posts merf and wish not to see you leave, but please, give this one a rest. If one expresses his/her ideas on an open forum, one is bound to receive differing opinions.

Steve, you are the reason why this site exists. Although you can't make everyone happy, please do make it easier for most to enjoy this site.

Sorry I got involved, I just cannot stand bickering.:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom