SPOILERS: She-Hulk Series on D+

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was talking about your chart.

So you are taking out everything that isn't an "Original Content Television Show." I think that's pretty cheap to do with the rating system. That's actually making She-Hulk look like it's doing better than it actually is. For Gods sake "Reruns" are beating it in the ratings.

What's next? Listing it under only shows with Giant Green Female Superheroes, who are also Lawyers???
And as was explained to you before, the chart shows minutes watched, not the number of views. This puts a half-hour show at a 50% disadvantage over an hourly series to make the charts. And it severely hamper a half hour show compared to a 90-120 minute movie.

But keep on quoting from a source you don't fully understand. It's hilarious.

BTW, the number of minutes watched for She-Hulk keeps increasing week over week.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was talking about your chart.

So you are taking out everything that isn't an "Original Content Television Show." I think that's pretty cheap to do with the rating system. That's actually making She-Hulk look like it's doing better than it actually is. For Gods sake "Reruns" are beating it in the ratings.

What's next? Listing it under only shows with Giant Green Female Superheroes, who are also Lawyers???
Once again its not "my" chart, I have nothing to do with these numbers, I'm just presenting the actual facts based on the actual data. It is coming directly from Nielsen right from their own website, which I provided via a link, all I did was bring their same image over here. These are Nielsen's actual numbers and they are the ones who break down everything into category, something mind you they've been for years now since they started tracking streaming watch numbers.

Also I should point out that Nielsen has been breaking out numbers for different demographics for longer than you've been alive. So this is nothing new and how ratings have worked since the very beginning.

BrianLo

Here's a good comparison, Wandavision had 431 minutes streamed by the week of its fourth episode. She-Hulk has 493. Albeit the service is currently bigger than it was.

Netflix shows have the distinct advantage on these charts for numerous reasons, but particularly because they dump a lot more minutes in one go. It's historically impressive that D+ shows even were making on the board to begin with.

1614379587995.png

lazyboy97o

Yea it is, I love it. What's great About it is that they embraced ALL the series and really respected everything. And by doing that, they've actually enhanced the weaker 2nd and 3rd movies. I've said it before, Disney could learn A LOT from cobra Kai.
I’m still waiting for Hillary Swank to show up.

It’s a good bit melodramatic, but it is kind of amazing how good Cobrai Kai is for a TV show that as a whole would now better be described as a TV show based on The Karate Kid, Part III.

erasure fan1

I’m still waiting for Hillary Swank to show up.

It’s a good bit melodramatic, but it is kind of amazing how good Cobrai Kai is for a TV show that as a whole would now better be described as a TV show based on The Karate Kid, Part III.
I would be shocked if she doesn't. At least for a small Cameo anyway.

LSLS

Yeah, let that sink in a bit. Trying to steal from Mel Brooks for a finale is a choice. That finale definitely has this at the bottom of my Marvel shows, which is sad cause I think the concept they could have gone for would have been great (lawyer/comedy show where each week is a one off). Basically nothing that was teased in the entire series was paid off. The blood stuff was nothing, the bad guys, nothing, the police there ready for her immediately, nothing. Heck, some people knowing DareDevil and her not didn't even make sense to me. I'm not sure what to even make of what this was or how it fits to anything.

Vegas Disney Fan

That was… interesting.

This show is all over the place, no rhyme or reason to any of it. Entertaining but also pointless.

Still not sure if I liked it or not but it’s entertaining so I‘ll keep watching.

Stupido

That was definitely interesting. My biggest takeaway was that they deliberately wrote a bad season of television, just so they could pull back and do all of that meta commentary at the end and leave most story points null and void? Bold move, but I would have much preferred them to write a good season of television instead. There were some great moments, and as per usual [most] performances here were extraordinary. It just felt pretty wasteful of our time. Also,

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I thought the season finale was interesting. Very meta, very much an homage to the John Byrne run of the comics.

I was both surprised and happy when they had Jen walking through the Disney lot, fun.

The gag about K.E.V.I.N was fun and honestly was a jab at the fandom a bit, which I'm ok with. The fandom needs to laugh at itself sometimes.

I hope there is a season 2. Not everything has to be serious and need action all the time in the MCU. Fun shows like this (even if some people feel they are a waste of time) make the whole experience of watching the MCU feel fuller and more engaging in my opinion.

Prince-1

Holy crap was this show bad. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was by far the worst D+ Marvel show and this makes that show look like a masterpiece.

MarvelCharacterNerd

First off - Skaar - yay!

Second - I'm gonna wash that show right outta my watchlist! Done and doner!

Third - once again, the show managed to define itself within the episode.

"What kind of stupid finale is this?"

Though my favorite moment of the series is still Mr. Immortal leaping out a window. Because yeah...

Lucky Rabbit

I understand this show isn’t for everyone, but the anger in the discourse is so weird to me.

I thought this show was great and basically a She-Hulk comic come to life. Arguably the best finale of any Disney+ show, but Loki’s ending is still my favorite.

Did Jen basically confirm the rumored World War Hulk movie? Also the homage to Ferrigno’s Hulk was the fantastic.

LSLS

Maybe not everyone, but I think my anger (or really disappointment, I'm not angry about it) is I see the potential. The idea of this show was great. And I don't mind shots at fans. But basically admitting that everything in the season was going nowhere just seems bad to me. No plots had any conclusions. And to justify it they have her just stop by Marvel and say it. I'll stand by if this was just a comedy where each episode stood on its own and focused a lot more on cases, I would have loved it. But weaving all these different storyline throughout and then having none of them come to a resolution or really even be mentioned again? The series feels empty to me. They needed to choose to make it episodes that stand ok their own or a series that connects each episode, and it never decided which it wanted to be.

Phicinfan

I understand this show isn’t for everyone, but the anger in the discourse is so weird to me.

I thought this show was great and basically a She-Hulk comic come to life. Arguably the best finale of any Disney+ show, but Loki’s ending is still my favorite.
I agree here. It was a basic look at the standard She-Hulk comic. I also agree with Loki ending...
Did Jen basically confirm the rumored World War Hulk movie? Also the homage to Ferrigno’s Hulk was the fantastic.
Yes, per rumors this is the first easter egg for World War Hulk movie, and I am soooo looking forward to that.
I also LOVED the homage played to the original Hulk TV show. Even the "You wouldn't like me if I get angry" line.

I get they wanted this to be tongue and cheek, I get the humor and I absolutely loved the shattering of the fourth wall. The whole walking back stage at Disney was absolutely marvelous.

But would it have killed them to at least USE and tie up some of the story line? Not just throw it all out to be more "meta"?

It was fun, but they need to put more meat on the bone for me to really look forward to a 2nd season.

Quite honestly, I would prefer to just have her jump in as a guest on the new Dare Devil coming later

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom