SPOILERS: She-Hulk Series on D+

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well we do know the episode order was reworked. So I suspect this was originally to be one of the first couple episodes.
It doesn't matter to me what order the rest would've been shown in. Wouldn't have helped.

(But I can't imagine this one was set earlier given she gets a new wardrobe here.)

4 more episodes. 2 more hours.

1663465761937.png

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m still enjoying it but the writing is all over the place, very little continuity from episode to episode. Went from an episode that hinted at villains to an episode about online dating, to an episode about a lawsuit, to an episode about a wedding… with the last couple minutes tying back into the villains hinted at a month ago.

Despite the lack of cohesive story it’s still a fun series and Tatiana Maslany is fantastic.

Lucky Rabbit

I’m still enjoying it but the writing is all over the place, very little continuity from episode to episode. Went from an episode that hinted at villains to an episode about online dating, to an episode about a lawsuit, to an episode about a wedding… with the last couple minutes tying back into the villains hinted at a month ago.

Despite the lack of cohesive story it’s still a fun series and Tatiana Maslany is fantastic.
Marvel did say it was a sitcom. The episode structure resembles that. A lot of what happens episode to episode are self-contained stories.

Personally I’m enjoying it. If people expected a serialized dramaedy. Then I understand the disappointment

LSLS

That's my issue too. I still think they are trying to do it both ways (have the episodes be one-offs and have them all tie together). If the episodes were truly one-offs, and they have an ending, I'd get it. But each episode ends with these little teasers/cliff hangers that really have nothing to do with the show you just watched. The writing just seems bad to me.

Also agree, Tatiana Maslany is an INCREDIBLE She-Hulk, I hope she continues in the MCU.

doctornick

Marvel did say it was a sitcom. The episode structure resembles that. A lot of what happens episode to episode are self-contained stories.

Personally I’m enjoying it. If people expected a serialized dramaedy. Then I understand the disappointment

Yeah, the self contained stories are its greatest strength and I am really glad to see it. I wish the episodes where a bit longer though to make the stories more "complete" - they tend to be a but more rushed than they need to be - but I love that every episode is different.

Mt. Immortal is such a stupid character that I'm happy they used him in such a silly storyline. Guess we aren't going to see the Great Lakes Avengers any time soon though...

Lucky Rabbit

Enjoyed the retreat episode. My guess for the final 2.

Ep 7 - Daredevil finally shows up
Ep 8 - Hulk returns, Abomination is there for reasons, and the Leader is revealed as the one who wanted her blood all season.

MarvelCharacterNerd

My guess for the final 2:

Ep 8 - She-Hulk kicks the @ss of the latest guy who ghosted her after she slept with him.
Ep 9 - She-Hulk and all her girlfriends celebrate how much better off they are being single. Megan Thee Stallion shows up to twerk again. Titania shows up to twerk her apology to She-Hulk and show off her new grill. Group twerking female empowerment scene happens. Retreat guys show up to twerk with them in solidarity and get their @sses kicked for being men.

😜

doctornick

Regardless of anything else, I’m excited to see minor Marvel characters make some cameo appearances. So much fun.

That said I’m a bit surprised that the Wrecking Crew seems to be relegated to a minor role. I expected them to be a more significant presence.

doctornick

Also on that note I’d love to see a Marvel series that is something like an anthology of episodes each focusing on a minor character like an episode is a day in the life of Porcupine and that’s all we ever see of him. I think series like that with 8 or 10 episodes perhaps having different vibes (one might be more comical satire, another more action, another kinda emotional, etc) could be a lot of fun and flesh out the MCU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom