SPOILERS: She-Hulk Series on D+

doctornick

Too bad Elektra is dead. or is she?

I don't think the Netflix shows are canon for the mainstream MCU. They seem more like they are being treated as a different world in the multiverse. So, what happened to characters in those shows probably won't limit whatever they want to do for the MCU versions of the characters.

Vegas Disney Fan

She Hulk was a funny, silky, yet forgettable series that cost WAY TOO MUCH to make.

Does anyone think folks subscribed to D+ to see the She Hulk series?

Enjoyable and cringe worthy at the same time. I enjoyed the series but doubt I’ll ever rewatch it, maybe a recap if there’s a season 2. That’s a common theme with a lot of Disney shows and movies lately, I enjoy them but very few will make it on to my (long) list of Disney movies I rewatch over and over.

Disstevefan1

Enjoyable and cringe worthy at the same time. I enjoyed the series but doubt I’ll ever rewatch it, maybe a recap if there’s a season 2. That’s a common theme with a lot of Disney shows and movies lately, I enjoy them but very few will make it on to my (long) list of Disney movies I rewatch over and over.
Agreed, cringe worthy, silly and funny. I already had D+ so it was “free” for me.

Do you think they are going to do a season 2?

It will probably cost MORE THAN 25 million an episode!

Vegas Disney Fan

Agreed, cringe worthy, silly and funny. I already had D+ so it was “free” for me.

Do you think they are going to do a season 2?

It will probably cost MORE THAN 25 million an episode!

I liked the actress so I’d like a season 2 but since the whole first season was written to basically give comic book fans the finger I don’t know how they transition that into a season 2.

Screamface

It's comic accurate to the crap newer She-Hulk comics that no one buys, reads or likes. Not the She-Hulk comics from the past that built a fan base.

There's a difference.

Last edited:

LSLS

I'd be good with a season 2 with better writing and better story development. I said it plenty of times, but it tried too hard to be both an episodic series and one-off episodes without picking one. I'm fine with either, but the weird way the episodes were one offs, but had cliffhangers, that either didn't amount to anything, or were brought back 5 episodes later was just terrible to me. The concept of her breaking 4th walls, being over the top on things, etc. I actually thought was really cool and different (didn't even know it was comic accurate), but it just felt like it wasn't done very well.

As to what the writer said, I didn't see much in the way of complaints about being comic accurate (though I'm not a twitter person, so I'm sure it was there and I just didn't see it), but I definitely saw complaints about the 4th wall stuff and the twerking things, which I think pointing out as comic accurate is completely appropriate. I guess I'm more surprised than I should be that people were that upset at a green comic character twerking.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
We probably won't see or hear about a second series because the episodes are so expensive, and there is huge pressure to rein in costs while the streamer is still loss-leading (i.e., not profiting).

Once D+ is in the black, then expensive projects that, while fun, don't have major impacts, can restart.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
1672776430062.png

1672776472732.png

Vegas Disney Fan

No, it wasn’t. Maybe comic book fans who are like you felt disrespected, but not all of us received it that way.
Actually that’s what the director said, the whole thing was a troll on the toxic comics community. Imagine writing a whole series just to troll trolls.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom