SPOILERS: She-Hulk Series on D+

Vegas Disney Fan

I assume you're talking about comments from Cat Coiro. She was referring to the "toxic comics community." Not all fans are toxic.

Imagine not understanding the difference.
Oh, y’a got me, I worded it poorly, you win the internet today.

As I’ve said multiple times I actually liked the series, I don’t know how you carry it on though when the entire premise of the first season was to simply troll trolls.

_caleb

Oh, y’a got me, I worded it poorly, you win the internet today.
Thank you. I'd like my prize in the form of animated She-Hulk gifs.

Lets Go Yes GIF by Marvel Studios

And, for anyone interested, here's the interview with the comments from She-Hulk director Cat Coiro that I believe @Vegas Disney Fan is referring to.

Screamface

Very bad. Hulk ridiculed as Thor lately. disney don't know how to manage female and male superheroes who evolve together.

There's an easy way they could solve this problem. Write the female superheroes as female characters.

In recent years with current era thinking, people are associating masculine traits with power and dominance. So when writing a strong female character. They base it around those masculine traits and archetypes. This doesn't work well when they have the character standing alongside other strong male characters. So they then go out of their way to demean, denigrate, emasculate and humiliate the male characters.

They wouldn't need to do this to try and establish the female character as strong and competent if they had written a strong female character to begin with. I'm sure I don't need to list off all the endless examples of this from over the years.

Then often the "female" aspects of the character will be cliches and stereotypes. If they both to include.

Marvel needs to go back and look at how they approached Black Widow. Where this problem didn't exist. Even in the more recent stuff. They even did well with the Kate Bishop character in Hawkeye. So there's plenty of writers that don't fall into this.

Another big problem is just how unimaginative the genre is. They're just writing everything that has been done before. Copying. Not realising they could be doing awesome things and actually writing strong genuinely feminine super heroes would be great. Even the original X-Men films got this right at the start of the Comic Book era. It's just all become too cookie cutter now.

Vegas Disney Fan

Hopefully Tatiana gets another chance, I thought she did everything she could with the script she was given, I enjoyed her acting, even if I found the stories pretty cringy.

I wouldn’t be upset if I never saw the writers make another Disney show again though.

LSLS

Hopefully Tatiana gets another chance, I thought she did everything she could with the script she was given, I enjoyed her acting, even if I found the stories pretty cringy.

I wouldn’t be upset if I never saw the writers make another Disney show again though.
Agreed. I thought she was a perfect casting, but the show itself was not very good.

doctornick

I rather enjoyed the premise of the show and thought a lot of it was fun and witty... but the 25-30% of the show that was cringe inducing (which got worse for the finale) totally derailed it.

If they had just made it a kooky courtroom comedy but involving superpowered beings, it would have been great. The show really shined when focusing on that (e.g. the Mr Immortal ex-wife case; Leap Frog vs the costumer designer).

Disstevefan1

It was a fun little show. I thought it was going to be better when I thought the plot was going to be about getting her blood but it never went that way, but still a fun little show, not worth the 25 million dollars an episode it cost to make.

I had no idea what it costs to make a TV show, so I checked one of my favorites, Blue Bloods. This has about 8 reoccurring characters so, I thought, "Wow, if they have to pay 8 reoccurring characters, that's got to cost a lot and its run many seasons so the actors got raises over time"

Blue Bloods cost about 10 Million an episode.....

I went to check my numbers and it appears the cast of Blue Bloods is taking a 25 percent pay cuts to return for its 14th season.

Its funny how network television actually looks at costs and takes action.

This is obviously not the case for Disney's streaming service.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It was a fun little show. I thought it was going to be better when I thought the plot was going to be about getting her blood but it never went that way, but still a fun little show, not worth the 25 million dollars an episode it cost to make.

I had no idea what it costs to make a TV show, so I checked one of my favorites, Blue Bloods. This has about 8 reoccurring characters so, I thought, "Wow, if they have to pay 8 reoccurring characters, that's got to cost a lot and its run many seasons so the actors got raises over time"

Blue Bloods cost about 10 Million an episode.....

I went to check my numbers and it appears the cast of Blue Bloods is taking a 25 percent pay cuts to return for its 14th season.

Its funny how network television actually looks at costs and takes action.

This is obviously not the case for Disney's streaming service.
Blue Bloods is a different kind of show, no VFX. Its 14th season is also its last, which is why the cast is taking a pay cut in order to wrap it up, otherwise it would probably have just been cancelled after the 13th due to the writer/actors strikes. It'll also have less episodes for the 14th season, so its a cost savings all around for CBS.

But look at something that is comparable with more VFX, House of Dragons for HBO, it costs a reported $20M per episode for the 1st season. And I think I read that was suppose to go up for the 2nd season.

Vegas Disney Fan

I rather enjoyed the premise of the show and thought a lot of it was fun and witty... but the 25-30% of the show that was cringe inducing (which got worse for the finale) totally derailed it.

If they had just made it a kooky courtroom comedy but involving superpowered beings, it would have been great. The show really shined when focusing on that (e.g. the Mr Immortal ex-wife case; Leap Frog vs the costumer designer).
That’s the worst part, the show had a ton of potential, they just hired writers that were more focused on making a point than making a good show.

I’d love to see a second season, but only if it acts like the first season never happened, just start over with a story thats focus is She Hulk and the courtroom and not just a huge setup to troll toxic fans.

_caleb

I think this show had loads of potential, but struggled in execution. I actually think it wanted to be an Ally McBeal-style weird-case-of-the-week drama, but they lost their nerve and tried to make it more of an MCU-style adventure.

I'd love to see them lean into the Spotlight approach with different genres: comedies, sitcoms, horror, dramas, mysteries, etc. Just like the comics, not everything needs to be action/adventure/sci-fant!

DKampy

I think this show had loads of potential, but struggled in execution. I actually think it wanted to be an Ally McBeal-style weird-case-of-the-week drama, but they lost their nerve and tried to make it more of an MCU-style adventure.
This is what I was expecting and what the set up seem to be… even the trailers sort of suggested it would be an Ally McBeal style show including what would her dating life be like now that she is a Superhero… there was a ton of potential there… It could of been great… it’s too bad… we need more variety in the MCU

doctornick

This is what I was expecting and what the set up seem to be… even the trailers sort of suggested it would be an Ally McBeal style show including what would her dating life be like now that she is a Superhero… there was a ton of potential there… It could of been great… it’s too bad… we need more variety in the MCU

And even the dating stuff could have been fine as a compliment to the courtroom hijinks, but the execution of that was just bad. The dating needed to be more wacky and off beat (like the relationships on stuff like Friends or Seinfeld) and not trying to convey a heavy handed message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom