SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just guessing but I think Mando 3 and BoBF may cross over episodes a bit at the end of the season and start of Mando 3.
Quite possibly.

I listened to an interesting theory regarding the two shows yesterday involving Boba Fett and the Darksaber. In short, Boba Fett is the rightful owner of it based on some stuff in Legends that could be made canon and will eventually end up leading Mandalore.

mf1972

remember jeff goldblum’s line from jurassic park “u do have dinos on your dinosaur tour?” i kept thinking that during this episode. “u do have boba on your boba fett show?” not that i was complaining 😜

sedati

We see Boba grow out from under his father's shadow and the bounty hunter life he was born into.
We see Din grow out from under the ways of the watch and learn there's warmth beyond bringing in someone cold.
It's nice to see glimpses of who they were, but fascinating to see who they'll become.

Then there's Luke. The post Jedi Luke. The Luke that makes fake fans cry as he hacks and slashes. The Luke that's making a whole lot of mistakes by trying to restore a broken system. The Luke that has more lessons to learn than to teach.

Prince-1

They finally made a good episode of The Book of Boba Fett and all it took was not having Boba Fett in it. And not having Robert Rodriguez touch it.

sedati

Rumors aside, they have established that the New Republic has officers patrolling all the way out in Tatooine. If war breaks out between the Pikes and whatever force Boba assembles I'm sure they'll make a call to the higher ups. Who might come and would they take a side, or could this become a three-way conflict? Can't wait for Wednesday (3 A.M.!)

G00fyDad

My OCD is having issues with parts of Mando's ship missing hull plating. Oh, and how is he going to bring in his bounties now? On the Razor Crest he had a hold below in the back.

G00fyDad

Stay away from the Falcon or Rebel-era Y-Wings then.
But I don't notice it so much on those. I guess to me it just looks natural on those. On the ship she built with Mando it looks like they just forgot some hull plating while they were building.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know the buzz is all around episode 5…

but can I just say how much I enjoyed 4? The problem has always been this “on/off” switch with fan service. Which is a somewhat nonsensical term anyway.

it can be done by good story people and not be dumbed down or silly. That episode has the right level of it.

for the 25 year and the 1 millionth time…why is it so damn hard for people to get it right with Star Wars?

there is so much fan service in the Marvel franchise that has the audience hooting and dumbest come off as patently stupid. They just have to honestly look at why it was popular in the first place and bring a touch of it to today.

I think filoni has managed to be the George Dan while correcting most of his mistakes…what they couldn’t do in the late 90’s.

this series is setting up to be better every episode. Which is the way to do it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's great for me is that pretty much everything in the last ten years has had elements that I've considered some of the best Star Wars ever (even Resistance which I'd say was weakest overall). There is no film or show that I don't find fault with, just ask there's no film or show that doesn't have some spectacular characters, designs, sequences, etc.

My OCD is having issues with parts of Mando's ship missing hull plating. Oh, and how is he going to bring in his bounties now? On the Razor Crest he had a hold below in the back.
Sleek is for Star Trek…

but what Star Wars can’t do - and did - is make a mockery of the tech. In “those” movies. Reworking minor details/relabeling to sell toys…and the b-wing incident is never gonna sit well with me…like the rest of that digital dumpster fire.

the Mando/boba story team has found a pretty good balance…enough respect and innovation…not perfect…but so much better

the rogue squadron movie…if the cat fighting ever ends…is the big one for the rehab on this front.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey it was a competently directed episode. Much better than the crap that RR has been given us. *Ahem*...the embarrassingly bad space vespa scooter chase scene from two weeks ago.
No argument there…the frat/sorority thing with directors has held them back a little.

Rodriguez is fine..:just not sure this is completely his genre.

I’m still waiting for the formal apology to gareth edwards…not because his movie was great…just because he was a fan and wasn’t “onboard” with a plan that predictably failed

Jedijax719

They didn't waste any time getting back to what everyone wanted to see and they took away any slight bit of doubt that they are going to keep the Grogu/Luke/Mando story going. They also made it very clear that they are tying together ALL of the stories and will likely eventually bring Thrawn into it.

This makes me think that the Tales of the Jedi show may actually be a back story to Grogu or something related to him.

I would REALLY love to see them tie together all of these stories, including Obi-Wan (a character or two from that series) and eventually lead it to a movie series that takes place after TROS. Perhaps Thrawn lives as does Grogu and Mando and they join with Rey, Finn, and Poe. Filoni and Favreau could really be onto something.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What filoni and favreau are doing…in a nutshell…are trying to piece together some elements of sequels to the OT

…because what Disney did just hasn’t cut it.

remember: Disney never apologizes. But they will self correct unsaid and let you fill in the blanks on your own.

Is it possible…finally…that they may just lead the horse to water and let it drink?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Couple thoughts -

1. Does Grogu choose the Way of the Mandalorian? If not and he chooses the Path of the Jedi, how do they explain his absence, that'll be an interesting story to tell. And will he be the new Yodi character in future movies?
2. If he does choose the Way of the Mandolarian, does he end up becoming the new leader of Mandalore as he can likely weld the Dark Sabre where others can't.
3. Will he start talking soon? That'll also be interesting to see as its like he is almost there.

This is likely what is going to be what a lot of Season 3 of Mando is going to be about.

Also the CGI of Luke de-aged was a lot better here than in the last episode of Season 2. Glad they decided to do a better job this time. Hope we see more of Luke training padawans in future shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom