SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

DKampy

I never really understood the fascination with Boba Fett to begin with (I mean, he looked cool, but so did a bunch of other characters in the OT; he never really did anything of that much consequence). And his character was made actually worse by the PT by showing him as a kid and making him a clone.

So, that said, I never really felt any need to learn anything more about Boba Fett. I just want to be entertained. I think this story has been fine, though less engaging than The Mandalorian. It's definitely a little slower than I'd like.
Agreed 100 percent… I never saw the badA everyone claimed he was…even the way he ended in Jedi was comical… so as someone who had no expectations I am ok with the story… and I am a huge Star Wars fan… so I feel Boba Fett was definitely overhyped

doctornick

I don’t believe the Christmas special is cannon
They did release the animated sequence on Disney+ (as opposed to the rest of the Christmas special that remains buried). I think it is in the realm of being canon unless contradicted and it pretty much works as something between Ep IV and Ep V.

sedati

I don't begrudge them simply dressing up a real-world meat packing plant (I believe that's what was done), but would have really appreciated some more alien looking meats on the hooks.

Howard has really proven herself as a well-rounded Star Wars director and I hope (and know) the collaboration will continue.

spacemt354

Chili's
Really great episode

From the cliffhanger I would assume at least part of the next episode will be dedicated to Mando, Grogu, and assuming Luke. Maybe dark saber training. Which is amazing but also somewhat sad that my favorite episode so far of Book of Boba Fett did not feature Boba Fett.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Really great episode

From the cliffhanger I would assume at least part of the next episode will be dedicated to Mando, Grogu, and assuming Luke. Maybe dark saber training. Which is amazing but also somewhat sad that my favorite episode so far of Book of Boba Fett did not feature Boba Fett.
I have a feeling this was a setup for the next season of the Mandalorian. I really hope I am wrong as I don't want to wait that long.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Really great episode

Well with only 2 episodes left that may not be possible, but who knows.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Figured there would be a Mando appearance. Making this ultimately an extension of The Mandalorian (which we kinda already knew it was going to be season 2.5) and not completely its own thing.

Good episode overall, and makes the slower episodes worth it.

sedati

This weeks episode was some of the best Star wars media in the last 10 years.
What's great for me is that pretty much everything in the last ten years has had elements that I've considered some of the best Star Wars ever (even Resistance which I'd say was weakest overall). There is no film or show that I don't find fault with, just ask there's no film or show that doesn't have some spectacular characters, designs, sequences, etc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't begrudge them simply dressing up a real-world meat packing plant (I believe that's what was done), but would have really appreciated some more alien looking meats on the hooks.

Howard has really proven herself as a well-rounded Star Wars director and I hope (and know) the collaboration will continue.

Based on the concept art in the end credits it looks like that was originally the plan.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am a huge Star Wars fan, but this series continues to disappoint me. As a fan it does give me fun stuff that I enjoy, but I just don't know what story it is trying to tell. So much of it has been about Boba wanting to take over from Jabba/Bib but they haven't really given me a reason to care. I liked seeing Mando in this episode and they did some cool stuff, but they spent a whole episode on something that didn't really advance the over plot of the series. I definitely could have done without the whole building the starfighter scene.

It was cool to see BD-1, he is very popular build amongst the people in the droid builders group I am part of...

erasure fan1

I really liked this episode, but it obviously felt a bit disconnected from the book of boba. It was great to see BD, my favorite from fallen order. The Nabo fighter was cool too. If I had to come up with a complaint, I'd say you couldn't think of anything better than a halo ring. Lol

This episode hits my point home about a lot of the flashback disposition that in my opinion went on too long. So now we have something really interesting, that they will have to spend at least 50/60% of the next episode on. And that leaves us a whole one episode to conclude this thing. So hopefully we don't get a rushed last episode like Hawkeye or a total cliffhanger that we have to wait for the next Mando season.

BrianLo

I thought there was only one episode left! I can at least see how they can get to an end point with two.

I loved it, but yes it was obviously an episode of Mandalorian and not BOBF. I've liked the series but man... Mando is just cooler.

Anyone concerned that Grogu wouldn't feature in season 3 as much, they went out of their way to overtly build him his own seat in that ship.

hopemax

We’re not sure if we are going to have Grogu resolution in this season’s BOBF. Mando & Grogu stuff could happen off-screen (for BOBF). Mandalorian Season 3 could pick up closer to when we ended Season 2, and this part of the story isn’t until like the halfway point of Mando Season 3. Then we will get the on-screen.

I felt like it was audience reassurance that we *will* see Grogu again going into Mandalorian Season 3, so don’t panic if he’s not back immediately, and Dark Saber backstory for people who hadn’t watched Clone Wars and Rebels. Also reinforces that Mando is the way cooler Mandalorian bounty hunter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom