SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

mf1972

liked incorporating cad bane into the show. i’m sure we’ll see more of him. weird that the show got better without having boba fett on it. i felt like today was just a cameo appearance. i’ll predict 1 small thing now. i bet i know which lightsaber will be available for purchase at galaxy’s edge next 😉

Disney Irish

Premium Member
liked incorporating cad bane into the show. i’m sure we’ll see more of him. weird that the show got better without having boba fett on it. i felt like today was just a cameo appearance. i’ll predict 1 small thing now. i bet i know which lightsaber will be available for purchase at galaxy’s edge next 😉
Basically the Filoniverse from the animated shows are the basis for the D+ live action shows. So expect to see most of the characters we've seen in the animated shows in the D+ live action shows.

BrianLo

One thing these shows have actually made ‘main-stream’ cool is Mandalorians.

I actually want the character to ‘walk’ the path of the Mandalorians, not the Jedi.

Battle of the cultists.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also the CGI of Luke de-aged was a lot better here than in the last episode of Season 2. Glad they decided to do a better job this time. Hope we see more of Luke training padawans in future shows.
I wonder if that’s why they did the behind the scenes doc specially about that and presented it in that fashion?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Basically the Filoniverse from the animated shows are the basis for the D+ live action shows. So expect to see most of the characters we've seen in the animated shows in the D+ live action shows.
…yeah…that’s a given. In the span of about a year…we are seeing just how much of the story department has been turned over to filoni?

…that certainly doesn’t lend much credence to the theory that the rest of the studio hasn’t been “iced” to a significant extent.

filoni is George’s guy…whether George wants it or not. Favreau is thick as thieves with feige and the X-force.

the empires seem to have struck back.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I continue to have the same problem with the series as I had in the last episode. As a Star Wars fan there is plenty to like here, but it's lacking overall. I loved the stuff between Cad Bane and Cobb Vanth, the the bombing of the club was really dramatic, but we should have seen this sort of stuff earlier on. It just took to long to get the root of the story.

I think the Grogu training scene went on to long, they could have ended it with the scene where Luke carries him up into the tree. I would have rather seen some more time between Luke and Ashoka. He is talking to his father's padwan, there is so much to be said there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Couple thoughts -

1. Does Grogu choose the Way of the Mandalorian? If not and he chooses the Path of the Jedi, how do they explain his absence, that'll be an interesting story to tell. And will he be the new Yodi character in future movies?
2. If he does choose the Way of the Mandolarian, does he end up becoming the new leader of Mandalore as he can likely weld the Dark Sabre where others can't.
3. Will he start talking soon? That'll also be interesting to see as its like he is almost there.

This is likely what is going to be what a lot of Season 3 of Mando is going to be about.

Also the CGI of Luke de-aged was a lot better here than in the last episode of Season 2. Glad they decided to do a better job this time. Hope we see more of Luke training padawans in future shows.

1. It goes beyond Grogu, we have at least two more force users (not technically Jedi) who are unaccounted for by the time Force Awakens, Ashoka and Ezra.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I continue to have the same problem with the series as I had in the last episode. As a Star Wars fan there is plenty to like here, but it's lacking overall. I loved the stuff between Cad Bane and Cobb Vanth, the the bombing of the club was really dramatic, but we should have seen this sort of stuff earlier on. It just took to long to get the root of the story.

I think the Grogu training scene went on to long, they could have ended it with the scene where Luke carries him up into the tree. I would have rather seen some more time between Luke and Ashoka. He is talking to his father's padwan, there is so much to be said there.
I had similar concerns that are going away a little if they are really just tying all these shows together to make a codependent web. It’s a good idea…kinda trying to use the MCU tricks.

it leaves a lot of room for filling out/revisiting characters.

1. It goes beyond Grogu, we have at least two more force users (not technically Jedi) who are unaccounted for by the time Force Awakens, Ashoka and Ezra.
I kinda wish they’d leave the Ezra thing alone (but won’t)…not that interesting of a character and that show was spoiled for me by the weird dogs and yoda blob thing…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seems to me they are turning everything into a ROTJ-to-TFA saga that feels more like a "proper" Episode 7 (8 and 9) than the "real" ones. Don't be surprised if we see Han, Leia, and Lando show up in a series.
1643851935141.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
…yeah…that’s a given. In the span of about a year…we are seeing just how much of the story department has been turned over to filoni?

…that certainly doesn’t lend much credence to the theory that the rest of the studio hasn’t been “iced” to a significant extent.

filoni is George’s guy…whether George wants it or not. Favreau is thick as thieves with feige and the X-force.

the empires seem to have struck back.
On the TV side, yes I would say that Filoni (and Favreau) have taken over. But its unknown if that will happen with the movies. There are reports of both of them doing a film of their own in the next series, but not taking over completely.

Only time will tell...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I had similar concerns that are going away a little if they are really just tying all these shows together to make a codependent web. It’s a good idea…kinda trying to use the MCU tricks.

it leaves a lot of room for filling out/revisiting characters.
Really I had hoped this is what they would be doing with the D+ shows, filling in all the blanks in the timeline and flushing out a lot of the characters from the films. Looks like this is the way.....

I kinda wish they’d leave the Ezra thing alone (but won’t)…not that interesting of a character and that show was spoiled for me by the weird dogs and yoda blob thing…
I actually like Rebels, thought it was well thought out.

Jedijax719

I am ok with that, but each series/movie still needs to tell a well thought out story.
I don't think they will have a problem doing that. It has worked so far (even with 2 series). There will still be Acolyte which seems to work on its own. Not sure what they plan to do with Andor. I've yet to find myself drawn to that concept.

Ahsoka seems to be the biggest centerpiece to tying things together. And, as I said, I think that Thrawn will be the big baddie connecting it all just as Thanos did with the MCU. Not in the same way of course, but a connecting fantasy story needs an overarching villain and Thrawn is as classic as they come, especially for that time period.

sedati

Seems to me they are turning everything into a ROTJ-to-TFA saga that feels more like a "proper" Episode 7 (8 and 9) than the "real" ones. Don't be surprised if we see Han, Leia, and Lando show up in a series.
Ah, just like having Rebels, Solo, Cassian, Obi-Wan, and Lando are the "proper" sequels to the prequels instead of the "real" ones. Star Wars has been filling in the major gaps with long-form storytelling and character pieces. It isn't a commentary on the quality of what their leading up to. We're going to be getting pre-prequel stuff and very likely post IX stuff eventually. None of that is a commentary on what's been done, just logical expansion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think they will have a problem doing that. It has worked so far (even with 2 series). There will still be Acolyte which seems to work on its own. Not sure what they plan to do with Andor. I've yet to find myself drawn to that concept.

Ahsoka seems to be the biggest centerpiece to tying things together. And, as I said, I think that Thrawn will be the big baddie connecting it all just as Thanos did with the MCU. Not in the same way of course, but a connecting fantasy story needs an overarching villain and Thrawn is as classic as they come, especially for that time period.
Ashoka is filoni’s favorite character…ever. He has left zero margin for questioning this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On the TV side, yes I would say that Filoni (and Favreau) have taken over. But its unknown if that will happen with the movies. There are reports of both of them doing a film of their own in the next series, but not taking over completely.

Only time will tell...
It would be very difficult to put that genie back into the bottle…

as I said upthread…watch the rogue squadron project (here’s a shocker…with all kind of personality clashes already 😳) closely…

you know who really needs a win and is likely to give the “5 angry fanboys in moms basement to point out Disney’s movies have sucked” what they want?
Bob Chapek. Think about the progression there?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah, just like having Rebels, Solo, Cassian, Obi-Wan, and Lando are the "proper" sequels to the prequels instead of the "real" ones. Star Wars has been filling in the major gaps with long-form storytelling and character pieces. It isn't a commentary on the quality of what their leading up to. We're going to be getting pre-prequel stuff and very likely post IX stuff eventually. None of that is a commentary on what's been done, just logical expansion.
Still think backlash is all made up huh? The label only matters.

do you ever read about licensing and product sales? Just curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom