SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually like Rebels, thought it was well thought out.
I think it went a little too far fantasy/wizard towards the end. Overall I thought it was good.

the last season (which I believe was rushed by the new bosses to a certain extent…) reminded me more of a CS Lewis kinda mind trip

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

I continue to have the same problem with the series as I had in the last episode. As a Star Wars fan there is plenty to like here, but it's lacking overall. I loved the stuff between Cad Bane and Cobb Vanth, the the bombing of the club was really dramatic, but we should have seen this sort of stuff earlier on. It just took to long to get the root of the story.

I think the Grogu training scene went on to long, they could have ended it with the scene where Luke carries him up into the tree. I would have rather seen some more time between Luke and Ashoka. He is talking to his father's padwan, there is so much to be said there.

I was just telling my GF how this series reminds me of Wandavision, slow start that didn’t hook me from the beginning but every week I get a little more hooked than the week before.

She had to egg me on to keep watching WV until I became hooked, I’m egging her on to keep watching this.

This week was the first episode that left me anxiously waiting for next Wednesday.

PS… Cad Bane was the first time I’ve gasped this series also. I was excited to see Mando and Grogu last week, and Luke and Ohsoka this week, but Bane was the first time I actually gasped. That was awesome.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It would be very difficult to put that genie back into the bottle…

as I said upthread…watch the rogue squadron project (here’s a shocker…with all kind of personality clashes already 😳) closely…

you know who really needs a win and is likely to give the “5 angry fanboys in moms basement to point out Disney’s movies have sucked” what they want?
Bob Chapek. Think about the progression there?
I would have no issue with Filoni/Favreau taking over the movie story group, however its not a foregone conclusion. Just like the rumor way back when regarding Feige taking over Star Wars, which hasn't happened and likely never will. The only thing we know for now is they all appear to be getting their own Star Wars movies to produce. Whether any of them have a larger impact of the overall Star Wars storytelling decisions going forward remains to be seen.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it went a little too far fantasy/wizard towards the end. Overall I thought it was good.

the last season (which I believe was rushed by the new bosses to a certain extent…) reminded me more of a CS Lewis kinda mind trip
What are Jedi's but fantasy space wizards. So when you dive into that world more you have to expect there to be more fantastical aspects than what we previously know. Some of us like that aspect of Star Wars, while others think it might be silly. Either way I think it fits well in the canon and flushes out more of what it means to be a Jedi and a force user.

Robbiem

Loved this week’s episode especially as Cad Bane is one of my favourite characters- I really hope we see more of him, maybe in Andor or Obi Wan as an agent working for the empire. I bet that a future show will have a live action Hondo - maybe Ashoka if Ezra is in it. I also hope they keep Boba and Fennic going. I think Tem Morrison has been great and I’ve missed him the past few weeks

The only issue I have with the show is the name. We’ve moved on quite a bit from the Boba story these last two episodes which really belong in the Mandalorian. The show is a bit like the clone wars with different arcs connecting into an overall storyline so saying its Boba’s story is a bit misleading now. Calling it something like Tale of Tatooine would have been more appropriate

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What are Jedi's but fantasy space wizards. So when you dive into that world more you have to expect there to be more fantastical aspects than what we previously know. Some of us like that aspect of Star Wars, while others think it might be silly. Either way I think it fits well in the canon and flushes out more of what it means to be a Jedi and a force user.
I good with the “somewhat practical wizard” Even if it was due to the tech constraints of the 1980’s.

as George brutally proved: you don’t need to fix what wasn’t broken.

these are minor squabbles, however.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would have no issue with Filoni/Favreau taking over the movie story group, however its not a foregone conclusion. Just like the rumor way back when regarding Feige taking over Star Wars, which hasn't happened and likely never will. The only thing we know for now is they all appear to be getting their own Star Wars movies to produce. Whether any of them have a larger impact of the overall Star Wars storytelling decisions going forward remains to be seen.
The feige involvement seemed liked a cover story at the time and still does. It was Disney’s subtle way of saying “heads are rolling” to the core Star Wars fan in Disney’s strange way. They never admit mistakes or do PR stuff that indicates their “diversification” plan needed to take a step back. Oh hell no they won’t admit it.

feige is more needed at marvel…I think it was a bit of a ruse.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Loved this week’s episode especially as Cad Bane is one of my favourite characters- I really hope we see more of him, maybe in Andor or Obi Wan as an agent working for the empire. I bet that a future show will have a live action Hondo - maybe Ashoka if Ezra is in it. I also hope they keep Boba and Fennic going. I think Tem Morrison has been great and I’ve missed him the past few weeks

The only issue I have with the show is the name. We’ve moved on quite a bit from the Boba story these last two episodes which really belong in the Mandalorian. The show is a bit like the clone wars with different arcs connecting into an overall storyline so saying its Boba’s story is a bit misleading now. Calling it something like Tale of Tatooine would have been more appropriate
It’s good entertainment…but it ain’t boba fett now

they should call it “the book of cool stuff Dave filoni always wanted to do”

it’s basically Mando/Star Wars Season 3…which makes sense in retrospect now.

Last edited:

Jedijax719

It’s good entertainment…but it ain’t boba fett now

they should call it “the book of cool stuff Dave filoni always wanted to do”

it’s basically Mando/Star Wars Season 3…which makes sense in retrospect now.
Honestly though, did anyone really care THAT much about Boba Fett? I mean, having a story about what happened between AOTC and TESB would have been interesting. But this stuff was always a forced spin-off from Mando that never really had that much traction. Fett was always about how cool his costume looked and they covered that with Mando.

It was as if in real time they heard and read that people didn't care and immediately pushed out the last two episodes. Or maybe they could just see the future when they filmed them?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly though, did anyone really care THAT much about Boba Fett? I mean, having a story about what happened between AOTC and TESB would have been interesting. But this stuff was always a forced spin-off from Mando that never really had that much traction. Fett was always about how cool his costume looked and they covered that with Mando.

It was as if in real time they heard and read that people didn't care and immediately pushed out the last two episodes. Or maybe they could just see the future when they filmed them?
No…boba fett is the ultimate overblown character in star wars history…bar none.

but…what’s important about those types of characters is you can’t mess with them. Touch them with care. The prequel handling of boba fett was…ehhh…just passable. The clone thing didn’t go the way George thought…but the EU stuff since has fleshed it out some.

but you can’t do something stupid with at least 3 characters off the top of my head because of the illogical pull they’ve had on fans:
1. boba
2. Wedge
3. Akbar

don’t do it…see the problem there?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Me personally? No. I do however know plenty of SW fans that are completely obsessed with the character.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The feige involvement seemed liked a cover story at the time and still does. It was Disney’s subtle way of saying “heads are rolling” to the core Star Wars fan in Disney’s strange way. They never admit mistakes or do PR stuff that indicates their “diversification” plan needed to take a step back. Oh hell no they won’t admit it.

feige is more needed at marvel…I think it was a bit of a ruse.
Cool conspiracy theory, bro.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think naming the series "The Book of Boba Fett" instead of just "Boba Fett" is telling. It telegraphs that this is a side quest in the larger story. Mando and Grogu are the new fan favorites, and that's what fans are going to get. This 'book' is just itching the scratch of those fans obsessed with Boba.

Now, if this 'book' were to become a huge success with fans, then it can be developed further. If it just satisfies the itch, it'll be a one and done.

In some ways, it's like the MCU. It's similar to a solo movie like for Ant-Man or Doctor Strange. It just puts pieces on the board for big mash-ups later. If these ancillary heroes do well with the audience, they get sequels and appear more and more in other projects.

So far with the Mando saga, we got a whole bunch of distinct players on the board to be followed up on if popular, or left alone if not (or sacrificed).

amjt660

First time posting in this thread so please bear with me.

Long time Star Wars fan ( saw episode 4 in the theatres in 77 as a 10 year old)

I probably am in a minority but I do not like the direction that BoBF is going in the last 2 episodes.

I love seeing Mando, Ahsoka, Grogu, Luke , Cobb Vanth, Cade Bane (especially him for the first time in life action!!)

But I feel like it is no longer a Boba Fett series - it is Star Wars ( after Jedi before the Awakening) series

I would have preferred that the characters above were teaser cameos setting up the next season of Mando , Ahsoka etc

It just seems like it is now (more than ever) an assemble cast rather than two leads ( Boba and Fennec)

Both have been pushed to the side by the Mando/Grogu steam roller and have lost their moment in the sun

Mando said "Boba Fett" and "Fennec Shand" out loud over the last two episodes - was that so that the audience would not forget that this is actually their TV show???

So to recap
1) Really cool to see all the characters (new and old) show up and have a big part of the episodes
2) Feel bad for Boba and Fenec - this is the chance to add more depth to their characters - and time is running out on this series

Max

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I probably am in a minority but I do not like the direction that BoBF is going in the last 2 episodes.

I love seeing Mando, Ahsoka, Grogu, Luke , Cobb Vanth, Cade Bane (especially him for the first time in life action!!)

But I feel like it is no longer a Boba Fett series - it is Star Wars ( after Jedi before the Awakening) series

I would have preferred that the characters above were teaser cameos setting up the next season of Mando , Ahsoka etc

It just seems like it is now (more than ever) an assemble cast rather than two leads ( Boba and Fennec)

Both have been pushed to the side by the Mando/Grogu steam roller and have lost their moment in the sun

Mando said "Boba Fett" and "Fennec Shand" out loud over the last two episodes - was that so that the audience would not forget that this is actually their TV show???

So to recap
1) Really cool to see all the characters (new and old) show up and have a big part of the episodes
2) Feel bad for Boba and Fenec - this is the chance to add more depth to their characters - and time is running out on this series

Max
Good to have you in our little “mental sandbox” here…

I think that the determination F&F made is that there simply isn’t enough about boba fett to make a full 4-6 hour story about? It’s always been a rather wooden character with insane appeal that looked good on tshirts. IMHO

Last edited:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

So to recap

Max
I agree. They managed to create a new character in Mando that has been a huge hit. I can't see why they went the direction they did with BF. They have taken the mystery of the original character and ruined it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom