SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
FB_IMG_1642175102731.jpg

G00fyDad

Old SW Fan: Palpatine's clone came out of nowhere!

Youngling SW Fan: It was a natural result of the original cloning program he ordered and what we saw in the prequels and the Mandalorian and the Bad Batch. Calm down, Boomer.

I actually remember reading about the cloned Emperor a very long time ago. It wasn't that much of a surprise to me. The biggest surprise was the casting for the sequels and the unbelievable "10x larger than the Deathstar" planet they turned into a Deathstar 3.0 and the endless fleet of planet killing ships.

sedati

There were rumors of Grogu appearing though that may have just been wishful fan thinking. Still, seeing how prominent this Nikto gang was in the flashbacks, is seems possible they are connected with the Nikto's the Mandalorian and IG88 took out. We know Grogu traveled a lot in the 20+ years after escaping the Jedi Temple. Perhaps he spent time on Tatooine.

JAB

One thing that bothered me... Fett climbed out of the Sarlacc with his armor on. Obviously he wouldn't know the Jawas took it, because he was passed out, but why would he think it was still inside the Sarlacc?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
4 outta 7 episodes that Star Wars fans kinda knew since the 90s seems like unnecessary expository..

so let’s get to an onslaught of cross promotional cameos, ehh?!?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Exactly. I didn't mind the flashbacks. They just took up too much time for the length of time this show is.
I did not mind them either. They provided the necessary exposition as to why one of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy wanted to become a crime boss while allowing them to avoid retelling or skipping over his time on the Mandalorian.

mf1972

agree with the flashbacks. other than seeing him escape the pit, i was near tired of them. it’s an ok series. not as good as the mandalorian. hoping they pick up the pace & really get things going.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Exactly. I didn't mind the flashbacks. They just took up too much time for the length of time this show is.

I think the crux is.. the show is people were expecting more about 'new adventures of BF...' where the show has clearly been setup more like an origin story.. but focusing on the post ROTJ timeine.

The flashbacks ARE the story. I'm sure the current time conflict in the story will just lead to some new pivot point for BF.

doctornick

I never really understood the fascination with Boba Fett to begin with (I mean, he looked cool, but so did a bunch of other characters in the OT; he never really did anything of that much consequence). And his character was made actually worse by the PT by showing him as a kid and making him a clone.

So, that said, I never really felt any need to learn anything more about Boba Fett. I just want to be entertained. I think this story has been fine, though less engaging than The Mandalorian. It's definitely a little slower than I'd like.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I never really understood the fascination with Boba Fett to begin with (I mean, he looked cool, but so did a bunch of other characters in the OT; he never really did anything of that much consequence). And his character was made actually worse by the PT by showing him as a kid and making him a clone.

So, that said, I never really felt any need to learn anything more about Boba Fett. I just want to be entertained. I think this story has been fine, though less engaging than The Mandalorian. It's definitely a little slower than I'd like.

Fascination? His unveiling on the Star Wars Christmas Special (even if only in animated form) was IMHO the only bright spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom