SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The feige involvement seemed liked a cover story at the time and still does. It was Disney’s subtle way of saying “heads are rolling” to the core Star Wars fan in Disney’s strange way. They never admit mistakes or do PR stuff that indicates their “diversification” plan needed to take a step back. Oh hell no they won’t admit it.

feige is more needed at marvel…I think it was a bit of a ruse.
More likely it was an internet fan wish that turned into a story when some bloggers got wind of Feige's talks with LFL without knowing the context. The same is likely true about the Filoni and Favreau movie talks. No "cover story" or Disney trying to placate fans who dislike a certain LFL studio head here, it was all just the internet rumor mills trying to make the Kessel Run.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More likely it was an internet fan wish that turned into a story when some bloggers got wind of Feige's talks with LFL without knowing the context. The same is likely true about the Filoni and Favreau movie talks. No "cover story" or Disney trying to placate fans who dislike a certain LFL studio head here, it was all just the internet rumor mills trying to make the Kessel Run.
That’s possible too.

To address pengy’s quip…yes, I reread my post and it was a little cringe/conspiracy…I’ll own that one.

what I was thinking was more they added feige as a “consultant” to stabilize LFL as it was in some turmoil and needed it. Why not? They have him and marvel was the gold standard at that time and still?

but I don’t think he’s rewriting sequel scripts.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s possible too.

To address pengy’s quip…yes, I reread my post and it was a little cringe/conspiracy…I’ll own that one.

what I was thinking was more they added feige as a “consultant” to stabilize LFL as it was in some turmoil and needed it. Why not? They have him and marvel was the gold standard at that time and still?

but I don’t think he’s rewriting sequel scripts.
Trust me I've said it a few times here that I wished Feige would have taken over the LFL creative side at some point. Maybe even a merger of Marvel and LFL into one studio with him as the head. But in reality that is just me and my wishful thinking.

What I think is really happening is that LFL has asked him and Filoni/Favreau to come in and produce some movies, maybe a trilogy, nothing more. Do I think that he's been asked what the Marvel secret formula he uses is, yes of course. But I don't see him coming on as a full consultant over all of LFL story groups, that is a lot to add to his plate and something I doubt he wants. The dude probably gets very little sleep as it is, adding LFL would mean he get no sleep, lol.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Trust me I've said it a few times here that I wished Feige would have taken over the LFL creative side at some point. Maybe even a merger of Marvel and LFL into one studio with him as the head. But in reality that is just me and my wishful thinking.

What I think is really happening is that LFL has asked him and Filoni/Favreau to come in and produce some movies, maybe a trilogy, nothing more. Do I think that he's been asked what the Marvel secret formula he uses is, yes of course. But I don't see him coming on as a full consultant over all of LFL story groups, that is a lot to add to his plate and something I doubt he wants. The dude probably gets very little sleep as it is, adding LFL would mean he get no sleep, lol.
Here’s a non-conspiratorial theory: feige is lining himself to be the head of all Disney studios. Will it ever happen? Hard to tell.

he’s the next logical person to get to “Lasseter level”…who was on that trajectory…he just pooched it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Read the comics. You can find a ton of Boba Fett between Empire and ROTJ there.
…woah…geek alert on this one…

I think you’ll agree that the reason Star Wars was a phenomenon - other than timing - was that it cut across the genre and got to main screens and TVs with no prerequisites for the eyes watching it.

so it really needs to be on the screen…as cool as comics are sometimes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here’s a non-conspiratorial theory: feige is lining himself to be the head of all Disney studios. Will it ever happen? Hard to tell.

he’s the next logical person to get to “Lasseter level”…who was on that trajectory…he just pooched it.
Doubt it, as that would take him completely away from his first love, Marvel.

Not saying it'll never happen, but with Bergman just stepping into the role and at only 54 I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doubt it, as that would take him completely away from his first love, Marvel.

Not saying it'll never happen, but with Bergman just stepping into the role and at only 54 I don't see him leaving anytime soon.
All jobs get “old”…4 or so extra zeros accelerates that process.

never say “never”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
All jobs get “old”…4 or so extra zeros accelerates that process.

never say “never”
The dude has lived and breathed Marvel for over 20 years, that is his baby. Outside of a few non-Marvel productions his whole career has been spent at Marvel. And at a net worth of over $200M he ain't doing it for the money anymore.

So again I'm not saying never. But the idea of him getting tired of Marvel is like Stan Lee getting tired of Marvel (even after death). Kevin Feige IS Marvel at this point.

Jedijax719

Me personally? No. I do however know plenty of SW fans that are completely obsessed with the character.
But....when people first heard that there would be a Boba Fett movie in the works (before that dude making it got fired), didn't almost everyone assume it would be about young Boba's transformation into the bounty hunter we see in TESB? Isn't that the story Fett fans wanted to see?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But....when people first heard that there would be a Boba Fett movie in the works (before that dude making it got fired), didn't almost everyone assume it would be about young Boba's transformation into the bounty hunter we see in TESB? Isn't that the story Fett fans wanted to see?
Seems rather unnecessary…it would only work if they made it somehow more compelling than the prequels really allow for

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
It seems to me that Favreau is taking the Feige/Marvel special sauce (since he's one of the Marvel chefs), and injecting the recipe into Star Wars. So, I don't think Feige's presence is necessary.

Just like Disney Animation Studios learned to do things the Pixar Way.

Now they just need to teach Disney Pictures...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was not really expecting that as a fair bit of his origin story was told in Clone Wars.

sedati

Cool conspiracy theory, bro.
The multiverse is real and it's fascinating:
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.38.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.38.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.38.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.40.08 PM.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My big complaint about this series is that they aren't building a good story around Boba. I know he wants to take Jabba's place but they haven't given me a good reason to care. It think this could have been easily fixed with some simple changes to the series.

- Establish the Pikes early on as the main threat.
- Show the harm the Pike spice trade is doing to the people of Tatooine.
- Move the scenes between Cobb Banth and the Pikes and Cad Bane earlier in the series to further establish that the Pikes are not be messed with
- Instead of the random biker gang killing the tuskens, it should have been the Pikes.

All of this would have clearly establish the central conflict of the story and provided motivation for the things Boba is doing.

I also think they could have spread out the non-Boba stuff more so we don't have the strange situation of not seeing him for almost two entire episodes. There is a lot of great stuff to work with in the series, I just don't like how it was all put together.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My big complaint about this series is that they aren't building a good story around Boba. I know he wants to take Jabba's place but they haven't given me a good reason to care. It think this could have been easily fixed with some simple changes to the series.

- Establish the Pikes early on as the main threat.
- Show the harm the Pike spice trade is doing to the people of Tatooine.
- Move the scenes between Cobb Banth and the Pikes and Cad Bane earlier in the series to further establish that the Pikes are not be messed with
- Instead of the random biker gang killing the tuskens, it should have been the Pikes.

All of this would have clearly establish the central conflict of the story and provided motivation for the things Boba is doing.

I also think they could have spread out the non-Boba stuff more so we don't have the strange situation of not seeing him for almost two entire episodes. There is a lot of great stuff to work with in the series, I just don't like how it was all put together.
Don't agree.. if you lead with that, Boba's story would be about rising up to defend against a threat instead of saying here is a bounty hunter trying to trade his mercenary boots for a mobster chair... and the threats he faces as he tries to establish himself.

It's not an uprising or 'defend tatooine' story.. it's a story about Bob's struggle to establish his rule and change what life he wants. The flashbacks are there to not just tell his tales, but also character build this person we know so little about. Why does he want an image of X vs Y? The flashbacks establish that.

Who knows, at the end we may find he just walks away from it and trades again for another outlook.

The last bit about Mando and the kid is fan service and show building for the next show.. it didn't need to be in the show.. but strings people along to the next series. Consider it the 'franchise tax' due to prime other content.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The dude has lived and breathed Marvel for over 20 years, that is his baby. Outside of a few non-Marvel productions his whole career has been spent at Marvel. And at a net worth of over $200M he ain't doing it for the money anymore.

So again I'm not saying never. But the idea of him getting tired of Marvel is like Stan Lee getting tired of Marvel (even after death). Kevin Feige IS Marvel at this point.
…I guess I don’t know him as well as you do 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s funny to me that the discussion has turned to that perhaps they “robbed” the series of boba story because Dave is doing cameo city…

my take is that boba fett just does NOT Have that kinda story potential. This has always been my stance since “attack of the bad movie”…that was forced and silly. Maybe he’s just a wooden mock-up bit character who filled a specific role in ESB? They even chumped him in Jedi.

but as a long time Star Wars fans…we kinda have been brought up on the myth that he can be like a Vader or obiwan or luke or yoda?
Perhaps it’s just not there…and the EU era reverence can’t pay off.

these last two episodes…however…probably didn’t need to be called the “book of boba fett”…there really just two add ons to the last season of Mando…probably would have been better that way.

I think the last episode is supposed to be the boba pay off/setup for another season…right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom