Spoiler, book discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

Nicole220

On Harry's birthday, does anyone else think that Ginny intended to do more than kiss him, or do I have a dirty mind?:lookaroun
:lookaroun

Funny, you aren't the first person to mention that. Maybe JKR had planned on it, then remembered children read the books. :lol:

SirGoofy

Yea have to agree with you guys, Harry was about to...um really come of age? Hhehe. And also I totally had a flashback to Han, Leia, and C-3PO.

Peaches Magee

Yea have to agree with you guys, Harry was about to...um really come of age? Hhehe. And also I totally had a flashback to Han, Leia, and C-3PO.

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing! hehe

Ginny's is definately a Weasley!

I mean look how many kids they churned out...
Arthur & Molly are real...freaky naughty

:kiss:

SirGoofy

Also, J.K. confirmed today that Mr. Weasley was the character that was supposed to die, and Lupin and Tonks got the ax instead.

prberk

On Harry's birthday, does anyone else think that Ginny intended to do more than kiss him, or do I have a dirty mind?:lookaroun

I actually think that it is nice that she left it at a kiss. I know you were being funny and all, but truly I am tired of the oversexualized culture we have for kids these days. It is better when things like Harry Potter (and most Disney fairy tales) leave it at the kiss. It is good to have innocense in programs, and not just for kids. The rest of it all comes soon enough -- and doesn't help the story.

A refreshing style.

Kwit35

Also, J.K. confirmed today that Mr. Weasley was the character that was supposed to die, and Lupin and Tonks got the ax instead.
First off...LOVED IT!!!!
Second, I am relieved it was not Mr. W. I love all th w's. But two for one? Wow!
Loved Kreatcher (sp?). He just cracked me up.
Cried over Dobey.
Cried over Snape.
But most of all, I just love the way JK wrapped everything up. She closed out the series beautifully.
Thanks JK! You rock. Cheers!

MAF

I'm sorry but the deaths were of two people who I never heard of? I heard they were killing off one of the main characters! Lame....

CaptainMichael

It's official, the Harry Potter Encyclopedia book will be written by J.K. Rowling...someday:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In her first tell-all interview since the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” J.K. Rowling told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira she "probably will" publish a Potter encyclopedia, promising many more details about her beloved characters and the fate of the wizarding world beyond the few clues provided in the seventh book’s epilogue.

“I suppose I have (started) because the raw material is all in my notes,” Rowling said.

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.

Hogwarts, for example, has a new headmaster (“McGonagall was really getting on a bit”), and Rowling said she can see Harry going back to give the "odd talk" on Defense Against the Dark Arts. That class, by the way, is now led by a permanent professor since Voldemort’s death broke the jinx which didn’t allow a teacher to remain in the position for more than a year.

Peaches Magee

I have my fingers crossed for that.

Is anyone else getting the audio book with Jim Dale? I don't feel like I have really finished a book until I hear his version of it.

Agreed! I know we will have to wait awhile, but a full description on characters and an elaboration on what is to come is exciting to look forward too!

I got the book, my hubby got the audio, he only likes audio. So I always like to read them first then listen to the audio. I love Jim Dale he is brilliantly talented. I feel like I must actually read them first at my pace, then listen to it, more for entertainment of hearing it performs so wonderfully. All the while I was reading I was thinking in parts, "I can't wait to hear this performed!"
Everyone should listen to the audio after reading the books, whole other experience I think.
:sohappy:

Dukeblue1016

Not just Harry, but McGonagall used UNFORGIVIBLE CURSES?!?!?!?!? Imperio. This is the only part of the story that really upsets me. We already know that Harry has used Crucio before, but for both of them to throw around Imperio with any regret was kinda upsetting.

I'm not sure why at all, but I was pleased that they used unforgivable curses. I always thought it was somewhat ignorant to think that all the good side could and would do was stun and disarm. Not that I'm hear supporting death or anything. However, there were several breakouts from Azkaban throughout the series, and so I thought, if there's a fugitive on the run who has escaped prison and is shooting at cops and trying to kill cops... they would return fire. They still didn't do any killing in the book, but I was happy they fought back like that; it showed that they knew what had to be done; so I thought. Also, they said how Snape would not have his soul torn for using Avada Kedarva on dumbledore because of his reason behind it...

just my two cents on that thought....

I thought the book was absolutely fantastic though. I always thought Snape was good and would in the end come out as a good guy. I also was like certain the Doe patronus was Snapes... Then this morning I was on page like... 660 or something and finally gave up on hope that he would become good... and then Rowling got me... i felt tricked... but I was glad how she did that. I always liked Snape.

Excellent book, perfect ending.

Peaches Magee

Yeah it was kind of shocking that the teachers were using unforgivables, but I really found it to be realistic in a sense. They had to defend themselves and that meant fire fire with fire. Not sure who it was but they told Harry that he couldnt keep just trying to disarm, if he wasnt willing to stun or kill it was futile. They all werent going to be carted to Azkaban for using them they had to to stay alive, so made perfect sense to me.

CaptainMichael

Yeah it was kind of shocking that the teachers were using unforgivables, but I really found it to be realistic in a sense. They had to defend themselves and that meant fire fire with fire. Not sure who it was but they told Harry that he couldnt keep just trying to disarm, if he wasnt willing to stun or kill it was futile. They all werent going to be carted to Azkaban for using them they had to to stay alive, so made perfect sense to me.

It was Lupin.

I would have actually liked to see Harry use Sectumsempra a few times...the only way to get rid of Death Eaters is killing them.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom