Spoiler, book discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

Peaches Magee

So true! Its going to be HUGE. Let's hope they don't cut any corners on this one.

One thing I hope they do is bring back John Williams to do the score for the seventh movie. Don't get me wrong, Nicholas Hooper and Patrick Doyle did fine jobs on their scores, but they have to bring John Williams back to do the finale. The scene where Harry visit's Godric's hollow during Christmas time is a John Williams moment if I ever saw one.

AMEN! While I do appreciate especially the OotP score... I truly love John Williams. He is just pure brilliance. AND the fact that he made the most recognized theme to the Potter series witht he first movie and I believe he would be great to come back at least for the last one, I wish he did them all.
He is a true genius.
:wave:

And yes I too really thought Hagrid was dead in the beginning. Scared me... I was like... This soon!?
I was just waiting for the bloobath to begin... and it did.

Who knew J.K. was such a . :lookaroun

SallyfromDE

I loved the book. I never cared for Snape, but I'm glad the Dumbledore's faith in him wasn't in error. I think Hedwig's death upset me the most! I hope they get a better Ginny Weasley for the movie, I don't care for the girl playing the part now. What I'd really like to see or read, is the story of Harry's parents and Voldemort.

Connor002

Hagrid from the Motorcycle?

Harry?
I'm thinking Hagrid, but that's baseless.:shrug:
And who was the person that did magic "very late in life?"
No idea. Perhaps JK will start opening up about these things soon.
My guess is Hagrid. I thought for sure he was dead.
I agree, actually.
I think it may have been Ron. I couldn't help but think that he was supposed to die instead of Fred.
Assuming that the epilogue in the book is the same, unchanged version she had planned and stored away... isn't Ron sort of ruled out? :shrug:

Brett

Just finished the book this afternoon. Wowie wow wow! I think it was an absolutely perfect buildup to a perfect ending. I got into the series late (after the release of Half-Blood Prince) and I'm so mad I didn't get into it earlier. A few notes:

My favorite character has always been Snape and hated to see him die they way he did, but I his story was fantastic. Plus the fact that Harry named his kid Severus almost brought a tear to my eye.

The scene with Harry digging Dobby's grave was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever read. It was just pure emotion. The turnaround of Kreacher was a high point for me as well.

I geeked out over Neville. He turned into a badass. I'm glad his character got a shining moment. And I also geeked out over Ms. Weasely and her showdown with Bellatrix.

As for the deaths, I had a feeling Lupin was gonna bite the dust, but I was just hoping against it.

I finished this morning and I loved it! I didn't plan on finishing it today, but she just has a way of ending a chapter in such a way that you just have to go on to find out what happens next. Once it got to the battle there was just no way to stop until I was done.

FutureCEO

The book was amazing....way better than the six previous. dobby and kreacher were good scenes that i wish dobby lived and both elfs had more story time. i was happy that snape is not evil because alan rickman is one of my favorite actors.

i kind of wish harry was more powerful (magic wise) then he was and that jk should have upped the action in the 5th book.

i loved the part with harry's parents. godrics hollow was interesting, not at all what i wanted. dumbledore abd aberforth's story were interesting to learn more about the family.

however, i do have to re-read the book because of the grindwald scene (i was confused or was he the belgium wandmaker) but i have to read my jfk book first or else i would never go back to it after reading book 7

Erika

Loved the book... glad Neville finally had his moment :sohappy:

Rowling has a real gift for persuading her readers to explore why people become who they are (Snape, Voldemort, Kreacher), and I love that she gave Dumbledore a past and made him more human. The struggle Harry has trying to reconcile what he knows of his hero with the new, less flattering image that emerges-- who hasn't been there before? Beautiful touch.

MiRi

I just finished the book. This was the fastest I read through a HP book ever, I think. It was like I was hypnotized.

At first, after reading Book 6, I thought Snape was evil, but I still had a feeling inside me that maybe... just maybe he was good and spying on Voldemort for Dumbledore.

I guess we can say that Harry did "die", but thank goodness he came back. I would have hated if he did really die. I did hate to see Fred, Lupin, Tonks, & Moody die. I liked them all, esp. Fred & Tonks. I was so sad about Dobby too. I always thought he was so awesome.

I liked the epilogue. I thought it was really nice showing them all nineteen years later, with their families. It was nice to see where they ended up. Professor Longbottom... awesome. And when Harry called little Albus "Albus Severus", I was just like, "Holy ____...."

Number_6

I have finished the book and I will say, after I read the first chapter, all I could say was that I can't wait to see Ralph Fiennes when he gets to act out this scene as Voldemort... "Tell me Draco, are you going to babysit the cubs?"

JimboJones123

Few thoughts. Book was perfect. Jo said there would be at least 2 deaths. Didn't expect 2 in the first few hours of reading. Every death did work though. I can't see how any of them could really be altered. Tonks/Lupin was a perfect symetry to Harry/Voldy. Orphan raised in Wizard World. Something Voldy didn't have, and something he wouldn't let Harry have.

Not just Harry, but McGonagall used UNFORGIVIBLE CURSES?!?!?!?!? Imperio. This is the only part of the story that really upsets me. We already know that Harry has used Crucio before, but for both of them to throw around Imperio with any regret was kinda upsetting.

Kretcher -- Was the joy of the series.

I dug on them finally paying off E.L.F. also. I was at a point when the goblin called them wand masters or something similar, the all wizards were bad news. Especially Ron's reaction to the elves and goblins.

My favorite thing about the series... Avada Kedavra. The most common magical words in the Muggle word "Abracadabra" is actually the absolute worst and evil curse that can be done in the wizard world. Still cracks me up today that Muggles, if they had the power, would be knocking eachother off left and right for using the phrase to make coins disapper from the palms of their hand.

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
Ok I'm gonna give all my thoughts from the beginning of the book untill the end.

Ok the beginning with the Dursleys was really cool. I mean of course they were still mean to him but I expected that now that Dumbledore was dead.
It was so sweet when Dudley was worried about him because Harry saved his life. That was so sweet.

Then the kissing of Harry and Ginny. How sweet. They are the perfect couple even though Ron got mad.

The wedding was cool and all and then Harry and the gang had to vanish because the protection broke.

The Ron and Hermoine moment I was waiting for. I mean when Ron left them in the forest and she cried pretty much the whole time I was sure there was something there between them and in Hogwarts the moment happened. It was great.

I think to me the best part of the book is when Harry faced Voldemort for the second time. How brave Harry was to talk to riddle that way. I mean wow! Instead of Voldemort talking to him and making him realize that he was going to die it was Harry saying it to him. It was great.

And we all love in the end when hermoine, ron , and ginny were fighting bellatrix that Mrs. Weasly shouted "NOT MY DAUGHTER !":ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That to me was hilarious.:lol: :ROFLOL: :lol:

Timmay

It is an assumption. Perhaps we will never know.

I am sure I remember Rowling saying she had to alter the epilogue due to the changes she made in the final book...whick leads me to believe it was probably Ron, or Percy, or Hermione, or...you know what, we will never know until she says something, but I have a funny feeling Rowling isn't going to say...ever!

Connor002

I am sure I remember Rowling saying she had to alter the epilogue due to the changes she made in the final book...whick leads me to believe it was probably Ron, or Percy, or Hermione, or...you know what, we will never know until she says something, but I have a funny feeling Rowling isn't going to say...ever!
Had she?
I didn't hear that...

CaptainMichael

On Harry's birthday, does anyone else think that Ginny intended to do more than kiss him, or do I have a dirty mind?:lookaroun

Jimbo said:
Not just Harry, but McGonagall used UNFORGIVIBLE CURSES?!?!?!?!? Imperio. This is the only part of the story that really upsets me. We already know that Harry has used Crucio before, but for both of them to throw around Imperio with any regret was kinda upsetting.
It didn't really bother me. It was necessary for them to use that...you can't always get by with expelliarmus...even though that can be quite useful. Perhaps I'm just evil, or I wanted to see Harry use some more serious magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom