Spoiler, book discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

CaptainMichael

Well Luke, you were right, I was wrong...but Harry still lived, so I'm happy.

Snape did "redeem" himself, but he still is an evil git...I'm really surprised Harry named a son after him.

Delores Umbridge truly is a rotten piece of work.

The budget for the movie will be astronomical...lots of locations and special effects.

The epilogue was lame and anticlimatic...very disappointed (only thing disappointing in the book).

I thought the death of the Muggle Studies teacher in "The Dark Lord Ascending" was quite random...we never heard of her.

I loved the turnaround in Kreacher and was saddened when they couldn't go back to Grimmauld to have his kidney pie:(

I thought the Silver Doe would have turned out to be Lily somehow.

I was quite sure Hagrid had died at the beginning. Dobby's death hit me the hardest. Remus and Tonks' deaths were sort of pointless. I had the feeling that Harry hadn't died, but was very proud of the way he handled himself.

The addition of the Deathly Hallows (objects) to the story was very cool, especially when I started realizing that we'd already seen them.

Connor002

Unforunately right now nothing is planned, JKR has said that already. She also said not to rule anything out. I see 19 yrs of fan fiction to play with. Who knows....
*coughitwasajokecough*
:lookaroun
I was devastated when Dobby died
Gah! And is last words were "Harry Potter." So fitting...

SirGoofy said:
I was really surprised Hagrid survived.
I agree; he was one person I expected to die yet did not.
I really wish she would have told exactly what Harry, Ron Hermione, and Ginny do now that they have families.
I know. How cruel of her.
I say that Harry's working as a nargle breeder.
Luke said:
Killer in the sense that he would be awesome. Not that he would kill people :lookaroun
Why not both? :shrug:

disney_nutter

I always thought snape was good, even when he killed dumbledore i never thought he meant to do it and it was all part of some big plan. The only only i never thought about snape was his love for lilly. The book was a brillant read from start to finish every chapter just made me want to keep reading so much that other half just got used to the fact that i was two timing her with a book:ROFLOL:

sarahwiggles99

It took me 14 hours to read. I finished it a 2pm yesterday. Im really happy with how the book came out. No complaints. AHH I love the ending. so cute. I feel bad for hating Snape now that I found out that he was good. VOLDY'S DDEEAADDDD:sohappy: I thought it was kind of unnessesary to kill off so many people but I guess it was either kill 6 people or kill Harry. This was the first book that made me cry a couple of times altough I did cry a little bit when DD died in HBP. Overall really excellent and I'm sad to see the series end

........or is it :lookaroun

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
For all of yall who think that there will be another book there isnt. Jk Rowling has made it clear that this is the last book and there will not be anymore.

As for the book.
I sometimes take the book go to a random page and start reading it. The more I read it the more I read that I didnt read before. I guess when I read it for the first time I was so wanting to know what happened that I didnt read word for word I just knew what was going on. Well It was a great book and it is sad that it is the last book but the best. Everyone knows the saying The Last but not the least and save the best for last. Well this book was defiantely the case.

Timmay

I have to say there was never any doubt to me that Snape was good...I wasn't sure what he was up to, but Dumbledore told Harry he had complete trust in Snape. If you trusted Dumbledore, you trusted Snape, it is that simple. The problem arises because we see everything through the eyes of Harry, so we are taken down the wrong path when Harry himself is wrong.

I loved how Dumbledore was aware that "absolute power corrupts absolutely” and avoided that power.

Harry walking off to his death, knowing that others would live and evil would die if he would lay down his life. Gut wrenching…reminded me of another man that did the same thing a couple of thousand years ago.

Rowling ended the book just about perfect. I know there will be many people that feel the epilogue was dumb or cheesy and not enough info was given. I don’t need to know what Harry or Hermione or any of the rest of them do for a living…I don’t care! All we need to know is what Harry told his youngest son…it doesn’t matter where you are, it matters what you are. Good stuff.

I am a sap, so I like the “happy” ending…Aristotle can kiss by behind, for all I care. If you don’t know, Aristotle said that writing tragedy was the greatest art form. Well, Aristotle was an idiot. Ask people who enjoy Tolkien and CS Lewis if they like their types of endings or endings that leave you depressed because of how tragic and hopeless things seem. Rowling has joined the likes of Tolkien and Lewis in initially making us feel hopeless, then showing us things can, and will, be better in the end. They give us inspiration to be good, and to do good. All three authors have shown us that good will always triumph over evil, and we.

Rowling’s series will proudly set in my bookcase next to the works of Tolkien and Lewis for years to come!!

Connor002

Harry walking off to his death, knowing that others would live and evil would die if he would lay down his life. Gut wrenching…reminded me of another man that did the same thing a couple of thousand years ago.

I thought the Christ-figure was a bit too prominent for my taste, to be honest. :shrug:

lilclerk

I loved this book. It was definitely my favorite. But I really think that the epilogue should have been skipped. I would rather have it end with Harry going off to bed =\

I would have loved it had it been a big OotP reunion at Grimmauld Place (because that is clearly where Harry and Ginny live because I said so) the night before the kids go off to school. Then we would have seen everyone (that's alive anyway) one last time.

Did anyone else think that when Potterwatch announced that a family of five Muggles had been killed that it was the Dursleys and their "aunt and uncle?"
Oh well, we'll never know because we'll never find out what happened to anyone except that they had a few kids. -sigh- I was really hoping Hermione would be the new Muggle studies professor.

Oh also, Dobby? :cry: I can understand killing Lupin because now the Marauders are complete again (with a new recruit, Fred) but Tonks too? So sad.

imagineer boy

The budget for the movie will be astronomical...lots of locations and special effects.

So true! Its going to be HUGE. Let's hope they don't cut any corners on this one.

One thing I hope they do is bring back John Williams to do the score for the seventh movie. Don't get me wrong, Nicholas Hooper and Patrick Doyle did fine jobs on their scores, but they have to bring John Williams back to do the finale. The scene where Harry visit's Godric's hollow during Christmas time is a John Williams moment if I ever saw one.

Raven66

I really liked this book. I, too would have liked to know what kind of jobs they decided on. And which Weasley the girl that Teddy was "snogging" belong too.EDIT: The more I think about it maybe she is Bill and Fleur's, her name sounded french. There were some unanswered questions, like what happen to the Dursleys?

Also she did say on a program that you can never say never but probably not. She said it alot better then that tho.:lol:

When the movie come out I take my DD with me to see them, but this last one I might have to go see it first to make sure it will be ok. It's going to be pretty violent.

DisneyRoxMySox

So, is anyone else wondering who the character was that she spared, but originally planned to kill off?

I think it may have been Ron. I couldn't help but think that he was supposed to die instead of Fred.

Oh and I thought the book was fantastic. It amazed me how many people (especially kids) were worked about about HP7, instead of some video game. Sad to see it end, but I look forward to the movies.

SirGoofy

I think it may have been Ron. I couldn't help but think that he was supposed to die instead of Fred.

Completely agree. I think Fred and Lupin bit the dust instead of Ron.

Also a note to Universal. For the love of God, use the Battle of Hogwarts as the story for the huge E-ticket in the new land. There hasn't been a scene that calls for an e-ticket more since the Death Star battle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom