Splash Mtn Restraints

smee08

Several years ago during one of my family's trips, we saw a woman jump out of her log in front of us. Apparently she was having a panic attic and couldn't sit still.

Fortunately a cast member came and got her pretty quickly so nothing happened. Not a big fan of the lap bars, but guess this will stop this kind of thing from happening.

mamamouse

I could do splash with or without lap bars either way doesn't matter if it were for myself, however I went on it for my first time with my little daredevil daughter(she met the height requirement, but doesn't weigh enough to keep her in place properly) I had to hold on to her for dear life and was really worried she'd fly out, I don't think I'd ride with her again without lap bars but on my own definately!!!So I guess I see both sides.

So with the addition of the lapbars, do you think the height requirement will change? Selfishly hoping I can get my little one on Splash sooner (she's what we lovingly refer to as "pocket-sized").

Rob562

Height limit is already pretty low... 40" I think? I don't see it being lowered any more than that. At some point restraints stop restraining people...

As for the lapbars, I remember someone (a CM, I presume) posted on here the last time the discussion came up, and they'd sat in the new log backstage. They said that there really wasn't a change in legroom, and for some people there might actually be MORE room because the grab-bar in front of you was removed to allow the new lapbar to rise up fully when unlocked.

-Rob

Thrill Seeker

Height limit is already pretty low... 40" I think? I don't see it being lowered any more than that. At some point restraints stop restraining people...

As for the lapbars, I remember someone (a CM, I presume) posted on here the last time the discussion came up, and they'd sat in the new log backstage. They said that there really wasn't a change in legroom, and for some people there might actually be MORE room because the grab-bar in front of you was removed to allow the new lapbar to rise up fully when unlocked.

-Rob

That would be me and yes, that is true. The lap bar logs are a unfortunate necessary evil. We have them because people keep standing up and getting out of the logs, that's it. They are not safety critical at all, just there as a preventative measure. They aren't as bad as you think and shouldn't hamper the experience much at all beside limiting each row to two riders. That should be it.

apple

So with the addition of the lapbars, do you think the height requirement will change? Selfishly hoping I can get my little one on Splash sooner (she's what we lovingly refer to as "pocket-sized").

That was going to be my question too!!!!!:eek: I am soooooo hoping my sisters 3 year old little girl would make it this time.... I am sure she is under 40" though. Is that the correct height limit? Oh well.... She is super light though. I wanna get some high heel shoes for her so then she might make it!?!?! Think I'll get in trouble? I am holding them anyway as we take the plunge...:rolleyes:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
True, but most parties of three could never fit in one row across, anyway, unless the party had a small child in it.

Alektronic

Yes I admit it I was on another site! Todays news was the Lapbars complete with a photo, Take a look! I dont see a problem with getting in and out as the lapbars don't take up any room. but those white seat things will cause lots of problems. LOL

http://cdn.stitchkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2011_0121_SplashLapbar0.jpg

Those white seat things are called "water dummies" filled with water to simulate the weight of people, but they can be easily replaced with "tourist dummies".

Id love to see a photo of these with actual people in it or a close up view.
Anyone a daily regular to the park and can take a few pictures like this?

H2Opolo15

I don't think there has been any physical evidence that the lap bars have been installed because as of yesterday all the water was drained...

Rob562

True, but most parties of three could never fit in one row across, anyway, unless the party had a small child in it.

Depends on how friendly you are with your fellow riders... ;-)

From one of Theme Park Review's trips:
tprflorida62_886.jpg

As for the photo that's being posted on Stitch Kingdom, am I the only one who is wondering why they're being posted as evidence of lapbars when you can't see lapbars in the photo? (The presence of water dummies doesn't necessarily mean lapbars. You can't even see their laps, and the large brown things in front of each dummy are the "dashboard" pads that have always been there)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom