Splash Mtn Restraints

fosse76

While its a shame to see lap bars make their way to Splash Mountain, I certainly understand the reason for them being added. And if they've put the lap bar check in the proper place (at the first lift hill to go outside, NOT load/unload) then any delay thats caused should be almost non existent since that lift hill is already a hold point as the logs get spread out for the next hill. It would also help if they allowed you to unlock the lap bars before you get to the load dock.

Agreed...not dissimilar to how seatbelts are checked at Dinosaur and Test Track or the lap bars at Space Mountain. That would be the more efficient way to check them.

And I'm pretty sure that the water canons can be (and are) turned on/off according to the weather and season.
In my experience of riding Splash Mountain, that does seem to be the case.

steamboat_tyler

I remember on the ride they shot off a water cannon and it went right into my ear. Misreable the entire day.

I can see why, though, they would add restraints to this.

steamboat wil

Hello all. I'm new here and this may seem stupid but...why must their be lap bars on splash but not potc or small world. If the reasoning is people "jump" off the ride why wouldn't they "jump" off of others? Are they on some kinda splash mountain drug that they can only "jump" off of that ride?

the-reason14

Hello all. I'm new here and this may seem stupid but...why must their be lap bars on splash but not potc or small world. If the reasoning is people "jump" off the ride why wouldn't they "jump" off of others? Are they on some kinda splash mountain drug that they can only "jump" off of that ride?

This is actually a pretty good question that I weirdly have never thought too much about. Hmmmmm, I don't know........Maybe some people want off before the big drop?? I don't know. Maybe the scenes in both small world and pirates are harder to get to if you were to 'jump off' whereas splash scenes are closer?? I don't know.

Candlejack

>>this news

33blifk.jpg

hoke2007

Yeah, this is not good news for anyone. I'm 6'6'', so I guess I can't ride my favorite ride any more. All because some morons can't sit down on a moving ride for 8 minutes. Thanks guys.

zooey

I don't understand. Can you tall and/or wide folks ride Everest, BTM, or whatever else already has lap bars? Why would lap bars on splash suddenly mean you can't fit in the vehicle?

Victor Kelly

IASW and POTC have the boats further from "shore". A general guesstimate is a few feet. On Splash, there are walkways all the way through the ride. The walkways are closer in my guess, because the flume itself is way more dangerous to walk in than the floor in IASW and POTC

Now in IASW and POTC there are exit routes on the shore as well. But a lot of the scenery is further away, the water is not very deep, and if the buildings were on fire, you would not care is your feet got wet while heading to an emergency exit.

hoke2007

I don't understand. Can you tall and/or wide folks ride Everest, BTM, or whatever else already has lap bars? Why would lap bars on splash suddenly mean you can't fit in the vehicle?

Because splash has pretty tight ride vehicles to begin with.

jDoor

Banned
I rode Splash at 12 am on January 2nd (Evening Extra Magic Hours), it was cold out, and that water cannon was on (we were drenched and immediately returned to our hotel).

I almost never see the cannons off.

Cannons are turned off all the time.. I am at MK at least once a week, sometimes more (3 times last week)....

The cannons are consistently off on halloween party nights (costume damage prevention) and colder nights.

Jo DeVil

Its gonna be a shame Myself Husband and young son fit in one row and have some great photos! I guess we won't be doing that again, and before anyone asks yes we are all quite small.

I was at WDW when this happened. This was, I want to say 6-10 years ago. The guy was drunk, got out of the log, fell into the water from the pathway and was struck in the chest by another log.

OK, I don't see the problem here. We were able to rid the world of one more idiot. Seems like a reason to not have them.

BrerFrog

I have seen the logs, not cycling on Splash, but on the backstage area. They don't look too bad and considering the number of times I have gotten stuck on SM because a stupid guest would decide to hop out of their log for no reason whatsoever, I really like them.

Last time it happened it was because of a couple of girls from a tour group. I was stuck for half an hour on the very final half of the track that leads into the station as a CM ran into the ride to scort them out.

I welcome the lapbars. :sohappy:

Flip83

I rode Splash at 12 am on January 2nd (Evening Extra Magic Hours), it was cold out, and that water cannon was on (we were drenched and immediately returned to our hotel).

I almost never see the cannons off.

That's odd. Last 2 Decembers I have gone. And it was pretty chilly and the cannons were off. I asked the CM and she said "They are turned off depending on the temperature." That's why we rode it, because I wasn't getting soaked in 50 degree weather. Oh well

Flip83

Agreed. And Disney is very good with being able to fit almost all sizes. Very large people can fit in almost every ride. Hell, I'm 6-3, 260 lbs. Long legs, very broad shoulders. I don't have an issue at all on any ride. Splash mt isn't that tight on me... So how is it so tight on so many others? Every other ride has a lap bar. Who.... Cares. Move on to another subject. Personally, I'd rather have lap bars. So I'm not stuck in front of a speaker sayin "How do ya do... How do ya do... How do ya do.....", over and over again, because some sphincter decides to jump out to impress his friends.

MUTZIE77

As a fat person [no offense taken, btw], I'll be pretty ticked if I can't get into a log that I was able to fit into comfortably pre-lap bar. Splash is a must-do for us on every visit to MK.

As wider person, I will be marching straight to guest relations if I am unable to ride my favorite ride in all of WDW. I am able to ride everything at WDW that currently has lap bars and splash very comfortably! I guess I will be finding out in March when I am there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom