News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

gobstoper27

Nightmare is SUPER niche. It has a dedicated core of fans but casuals aren't into it and would have no idea who "Oogie Boogie" is.
This made me chuckle as it's very true. We just did a nightmare b4 Christmas cake smash photo session for my soon to be 1 year old. Our photographer mentioned that she didn't know the the guy wearing the sack and kept calling him Boo Man. Lol

Kirby86

I think people should keep an open mind in regards to the storyline of the ride.

Especially since everyone has been begging for some non ip rides and more original concepts.

While this is based on current ip it sounds like an original story concept.

Therefore this could be considered as a middle ground between ip use and unique storytelling.
I get it however if you want to do an original attraction you have to commit to it. If you are makeing a ride using an IP that people already know you set an expectation of what people who are fans of the material want. It's the reason why Frozen in EPCOT while technically a sequel still has all the hits from the original movie.

MerlinTheGoat

How about you don’t, because they might just merge Frontierland and Liberty Square into one Old America-themed area.
Disneyland's ride will mostly fit seamlessly into New Orleans Square. WDW's version is going to look VERY out of place unless there are some alterations to the immediate surroundings. WDW's Splash Mountain was modified to help it fit the Frontierland setting (scrapping the swamp setting, using red clay on the exterior, music remixed to country/bluegrass etc). This had the double benefit of also making WDW's superior to Disneyland's IMO. Tiana however isn't getting these sorts of alterations to help it fit. The Riverboat is the only thing that will look correct in the immediate area.

IMO, redoing Pecos Bill's is probably all they need to do to correct the most glaring issue with the ride's placement, being shoved in between two western environments. That restaurant is rather large and wraps around the corner reaching into Adventureland, so the coverage of this change would be both substantial yet also not really encroach on much beyond tha. No need to mess with Country Bears, that's suitably far enough away that it wouldn't clash.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

So "late 2024"....
Does anyone think they will open this in December - January?
There is a reason water rides have their yearly maintenance in January/February and the water parks are closed.
See you in the springtime...,..

Casper Gutman

I think people should keep an open mind in regards to the storyline of the ride.

Especially since everyone has been begging for some non ip rides and more original concepts.

While this is based on current ip it sounds like an original story concept.

Therefore this could be considered as a middle ground between ip use and unique storytelling.
An “IP Ride” doesn’t just mean a ride that reproduces the storyline of another piece of media beat by beat. It’s a ride based on IP. This isn’t a middle-ground, it is 100% an IP ride. It’s an IP ride that is being implemented half-heartedly, clumsily, and as a promo for a D+ streaming spin-off series.

Bocabear

For setting it in the area all they realistically have to do is re-theme the side of Pecos Bill between Adventureland portal and the front of Pecos Bill to New Orleans style architecture, and then completely re build and re-dress the Queue courtyard for Splash to look like the French quarter...None of the "land" themes are precisely fixed in a place... Adventureland is part Polynesian and also Moroccan/ middle eastern, and that works just fine...Fantasyland is a blend of French Medieval, Bavarian, Swiss and Mediterranean ... no one complains about that... This will be fine... Hope the ride lives up to it, and they drop the Tiana's Food Co-op storyline....

matt9112

Occam's Razor.

Facilier will not be in the ride as this ride takes place after the first film.

Will Friends from the other Side still appear? Possibly.

Could they utilize Facilier's voice in some way, like coming from a portal on the other side? Maybe. Do I expect a full AA Facilier, nope. He is in the realm from which one does not physically return.

This is weak….disney doesn’t give a about continuity. There’s something else at play here. Almost any new ride I can think of throws continuity to the wind. Guardians might be the exception.

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So "late 2024"....
Does anyone think they will open this in December - January?
There is a reason water rides have their yearly maintenance in January/February and the water parks are closed.
See you in the springtime...,..
Part of me thinks Disney said "Late 2024" to give themselves "Well we didn't finish in 2024 so we can wiggle over to 2025" room

celluloid

This is weak….disney doesn’t give a ratsabout continuity. There’s something else at play here. Almost any new ride I can think of throws continuity to the wind. Guardians might be the exception.

Guardians also through continuity to the wind in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disstevefan1

If feels like to me they want to drag their feet on EVERYTHING so they got something to open the same time as EPIC Universe... I can't wait for EPIC Universe to open! Its so exciting!

_caleb

Disneyland's ride will mostly fit seamlessly into New Orleans Square. WDW's version is going to look VERY out of place unless there are some alterations to the immediate surroundings. WDW's Splash Mountain was modified to help it fit the Frontierland setting (scrapping the swamp setting, using red clay on the exterior, music remixed to country/bluegrass etc). This had the double benefit of also making WDW's superior to Disneyland's IMO. Tiana however isn't getting these sorts of alterations to help it fit. The Riverboat is the only thing that will look correct in the immediate area.

IMO, redoing Pecos Bill's is probably all they need to do to correct the most glaring issue with the ride's placement, being shoved in between two western environments. That restaurant is rather large and wraps around the corner reaching into Adventureland, so the coverage of this change would be both substantial yet also not really encroach on much beyond tha. No need to mess with Country Bears, that's suitably far enough away that it wouldn't clash.
I’m not convinced the area is currently as cohesively themed as some here make it sound.

I do agree that retheming Pecos Bill’s would really help with the thematic transition, but as they’ve proved with Disneyland, they can make quick, short, two-way transitions that aren’t too jarring and still make good settings.

Touchdown

I’ll die on the hill stating this should have been a Coco retheme at WDW. Would have fit far more cohesively, and seeing as the climax of the movie has a dropping sequence, I state fairly easy to adapt. Not to mention it would have clicked all the right boxes:

-Popular and new
-Great Soundtrack
-Minority Character
-Great visuals

Riverrafter21

I would have thought Pocahontas would have worked well for WDW as a Splash replacement. The story could be reworked a bit and there are lots of woodland creatures for the animatronics (or screens).

I would use the land above Big Thunder for Coco and Tiana attractions. Having Tiana be closer to the Riverboat for theming.

Casper Gutman

This is weak….disney doesn’t give a rats *** about continuity. There’s something else at play here. Almost any new ride I can think of throws continuity to the wind. Guardians might be the exception.
Guardians threw continuity to the wind harder then any other attraction.

Disney Analyst

This is weak….disney doesn’t give a rats *** about continuity. There’s something else at play here. Almost any new ride I can think of throws continuity to the wind. Guardians might be the exception.

I don’t make the rules. Disney set up their timeline for this attraction. It’s after the first film.

Could they use some conceit to bring Facilier back? Sure. Will they? I doubt it.

_caleb

I’ll die on the hill stating this should have been a Coco retheme at WDW. Would have fit far more cohesively, and seeing as the climax of the movie has a dropping sequence, I state fairly easy to adapt. Not to mention it would have clicked all the right boxes:

-Popular and new
-Great Soundtrack
-Minority Character
-Great visuals
Okay, well RIP

BTW, Coco is my favorite!

LittleBuford

-Popular and new
-Great Soundtrack
-Minority Character
-Great visuals
I don’t think it’s a better or even a good fit. It’s too modern and set outside the USA.

Touchdown

Coco doesn’t have a set moment in time. There’s CRT TVs but all show black and white. Other than TV and Eletricity nothing in the Land of the Living really puts it in the 20th century. I posit it could work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom