News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

CaptainAmerica

Which you get at the annual Hocus Pocus show at MNSSHP. But anything is possible. There could be a flashback.
I am decidedly not a character person. I never do meet-and-greets or anything, and I try to steer my kids away from them as much as I can. But the Facilier character performer in the Boo to You parade is worth the price of admission to MNSSHP alone. That dude is INCREDIBLE.

JohnD

I am decidedly not a character person. I never do meet-and-greets or anything, and I try to steer my kids away from them as much as I can. But the Facilier character performer in the Boo to You parade is worth the price of admission to MNSSHP alone. That dude is INCREDIBLE.
It's not a meet and greet but one of the best castle shows they have done in a long time. Facilier sings his memorable song in that one. (So does Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas, BTW). If you love the Facilier performer from the parade, you'll be thrilled by the character in the show.

TwilightZone

I think the top 3 last true disney villains are Facilier, Mother Gothel, and King Candy, with the one closest to "flesh and blood" Disney being Facilier.

MerlinTheGoat

Hellfire is unmatched. But Friends on the Other Side is about as good as Poor Unfortunate Souls and I even like it more than Be Prepared.

Mother Knows Best is certainly a villain song, especially with the reprisal.

Touchdown

Whenever Disney goes full on evil witch/wizard they make their best and most iconic villains, and there are 5 who stand out:
-Evil Queen
-Malnificent
-Ursula
-Jafar
-Dr Faciller

Yes there are other great villains (Cruella, Frollo, Gaeston, etc) but when you hear Disney Villain your mind tends to dwell on these 5.

Disney Analyst

Splash Mountain is itself a book-report ride.

I think the reason is they didn't want to show Tiana as a frog for most of the ride.

I do hope Facilier puts in an appearance from beyond the grave. The ride needs a moment of drama and tension.

I mean, since the reference material is so far removed from most public awareness, I doubt the majority would see current Splash as a book-report ride (I certainly have never).

But if Disney switched over to a book-report of PATF, it would be very much noticed, and very much criticized.

UNCgolf

Blasphemy! Ursula and her song are unmatchable.

I actually think Gaston is the best villain song period (in terms of just being an excellent song), but it's also in a bit of a grey zone because while he sings in it, A. he's not really a typical Disney villain and B. it's not about doing villainous things in the context of the plot. It's literally just a song about him in general.

LittleBuford

I actually think Gaston is the best villain song period, but it's also in a bit of a grey zone because while he sings in it, A. he's not really a typical Disney villain and B. it's not about doing villainous things in the context of the plot. It's literally just a song about him in general.
My guilty secret: I have a crush on Gaston.

Touchdown

I don’t know, Be Prepared is about fratricide, not many other villains could sing a song about murder with the audience boping along to it in a kids movie. That one has to be #1, and Oogies song is probably #2.

CaptainAmerica

I mean, since the reference material is so far removed from most public awareness, I doubt the majority would see current Splash as a book-report ride (I certainly have never).
Agreed.

But if Disney switched over to a book-report of PATF, it would be very much noticed, and very much criticized.
It's a 12-minute ride, they wouldn't need to linger on the frog parts. All the banger songs are in the beginning anyways.

Down In New Orleans (Tiana is human)
Almost There (Tiana is human)
Friends on the Other Side (Tiana is human)
Gonna Take You There / Dig a Little Deeper (frog)
Down In New Orleans Reprise (human)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom