News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

matt9112

I think the opening of Tron helps absorb the crowds as a result of it's closure so perhaps thats why WDW is first

I’m pretty sure TRONs capacity is nowhere near splash mountains. Not that it’s relevant I actually wish they closed rides more often for real refurbs.

The MK needs a lot more capacity over all.

Touchdown

For all the people complaining about Splash’s lost capacity please stop. Rides need maintenance, and need to close sometime, they can’t run 365 forever without compromising safety. I know this isnt technically a close for maintenance but for cripes sake the “lost capacity” argument to stop a closure is as bad and as wrong as the “no not when I’m going that’s not fair!” argument. Please stop.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Can someone explain why they can’t just skip the scheduled Maintenance they normally do since they don’t care to upkeep it anyways, and keep it open until Tron is ready?

Doesn’t that make more sense from a capacity standpoint?
They would have skipped the month rehab Splash usually receives in January anyway, even if they were still gonna close after Tron. There's no point in reopening Splash 1.0 in February, just to close again in March this time for the Tiana makeover.

matt9112

Why the hate for the entrepreneur backstory?

It’s ugly? And just….not what anyone really would have said is the best option…there’s so much better material out there. Heck at the finale they could have still had her and the gang in front of her factory or something to that effect…but the whole ride themed to it seems like an odd choice.

Villain comes to steal your soul “the guests in the log” tiana and friends try to stop him along the way…..friends from the other side replaces the birds….final drop is you thinking your done for….celebrate at end in front of tianas factory.

Entire idea would keep ride pacing completely intact (your just swapping out fox and bear with tiana and friends) ruining the attempts by the doctor to get your soul. Culminating with a climax where it looks like he has finally succeeded and than splash down.

matt9112

For all the people complaining about Splash’s lost capacity please stop. Rides need maintenance, and need to close sometime, they can’t run 365 forever without compromising safety. I know this isnt technically a close for maintenance but for cripes sake the “lost capacity” argument to stop a closure is as bad and as wrong as the “no not when I’m going that’s not fair!” argument. Please stop.

Well splash closes regularly for maintaining….the bare minimum lately. But to counter your argument WDW never seems to want to close rides ever to do exactly what your talking about. There’s legitimate upgrades for WDW rides that haven’t occurred because they don’t want to close the ride down…. Disney seems reluctant to ever close rides down in Florida.

Because…..they know the capacity of the most popular theme park on the planet is utter trash…..and I’m not talking about push.

_caleb

It’s ugly? And just….not what anyone really would have said is the best option…there’s so much better material out there. Heck at the finale they could have still had her and the gang in front of her factory or something to that effect…but the whole ride themed to it seems like an odd choice.

Villain comes to steal your soul “the guests in the log” tiana and friends try to stop him along the way…..friends from the other side replaces the birds….final drop is you thinking your done for….celebrate at end in front of tianas factory.

Entire idea would keep ride pacing completely intact (your just swapping out fox and bear with tiana and friends) ruining the attempts by the doctor to get your soul. Culminating with a climax where it looks like he has finally succeeded and than splash down.
I don’t see how the ”Tiana is an entrepreneur” backstory precludes–or even affects—anything you’ve written here.

matt9112

Will the Splash logs be reused like Elsa’s stinky, faded, rundown Norway boats?

God No, I hope not again.
What is there, perhaps 50 logs???
@ $5,000 each ???

Whatever the number is it can’t be that much money relative to the total costs to get this thing redone. This project will be at least 100 million, right?

They put $60 million into Haunted Mansion and that was back in over a decade ago.

No way we get new logs I would legitimately put a months pay on that bet.

They probably will all get cleaned and (hopefully touched up) but I’m not even sure if they would do that.

flynnibus

Premium Member

‘Rides need maintenance’ is usually weeks hit on operations- not YEARS

And if they were not running at such a deficit already then it would not be a problem.

They could have you know… done something to offset it?

So no, people shouldn’t just ‘stop it’ when it is s valid concern the company should have managed better

Touchdown

Your complaint is with lack of additional attractions, your wish to keep attractions open w/o maintenance is dangerous and allows the company to avoid building new attractions.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your complaint is with lack of additional attractions, your wish to keep attractions open w/o maintenance is dangerous and allows the company to avoid building new attractions.

No - the complaint is the management of the situation which is going to lead to other pressures to get the ride open sooner resulting in more poor choices being made because they are under such pressure to get the ride capacity back online.

Kirby86

No one is saying that they shouldn't shut down attractions for maintenance be it for safety reasons or normal up keep. What we're saying is with Splash down for two years for the Tiana makeover the busiest theme park in the world is going to be down a major attraction that eats up crowds. Two years is not a long time to change a ride especially for an attraction as large as Splash. The major concern is will Disney cut corners in the name of getting the ride back online as fast as possible. Now 2 years may not be long for construction but from a capatcity perspective it's a long time to go without that people eater.

thomas998

The issue of reliability in the "rotating track" was done away with years ago - the walls of the room are now fixed in place, and instead some Projection Mapping is used to indicate which of the three doors you're going through:

Given I've ridden it pre and post 2015, I can only say that the change to projections from wall movement didn't result in any noticeable difference in the ride. Still one of the bumpiest rides at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom