Splash Mountain Referb.

irishboyforever

Original Poster
I've been reading threads on this site for a while know but never had a need to create a profile until now seeing that I am somewhat "in the know" I've heard a lot of talk about what will be happening with the Splash Mountain referb this coming January but none of them are acurate. All I wills say for now is that the mountain will be seeing one big change.

elchippo

Interesting. I always figured it didnt have them because lap bars are usually metal and would heavily rust on that ride....

EPCOT Explorer

I've been reading threads on this site for a while know but never had a need to create a profile until now seeing that I am somewhat "in the know" I've heard a lot of talk about what will be happening with the Splash Mountain referb this coming January but none of them are acurate. All I wills say for now is that the mountain will be seeing one big change.
A few more details would only help your credibility.:wave:

WDITrent

At first I thought this was just another "Oh my goodness! Splash Mountain is going down for a refurbishment in January and I'm the first one to know!" thread to which we would respond, "It's just the annual maintainence refurb, nothing really exciting at all."

But I must say this is interesting. I know I should technically be grilling you for sources, but I can take this with a grain of salt and see what happens. Very interesting. We'll see.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wasn`t this posted recently? The time frame wasn`t January but the info was the same:

Attachments

• ssplash lap bars summer 2009.JPG
    ssplash lap bars summer 2009.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 437

EPCOT Explorer

The `white` things arn`t seats - they are water filled containers to take the place of guests whilst testing :wave:
Ahhhhhhhhh....:brick::eek:

Heh. I see that now....though that they were going to be seats with no "real" surroundings....effectively never allowing me to ride SM again.:lookaroun

RSoxNo1

This isn't the first time this has come up.

Do we have any Splash Mountain cast members that may or may not be able to detail how big a problem it is that the ride doesn't have lap bars?

WDITrent

One thing I would miss about restraint-free Splash Mountain:

Here at Disneyland, during drops, you just kind of tighten up and become as small as possible in the single seater.

However, at WDW it's more fun, because you and the person next to you cling to each other to try to stay dry as possible, and it makes for great entertainment. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom