Splash Mountain Referb.

Absimilliard

Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland has had lap bars since day 1 and there's no issues with capacity over there. The boats are about the same as WDW, except that strange "fixed lap bar" handle is missing and replaced by a lap bar like at BTM. The major benefit beside keeping people from getting out is that the ride is accessible to kids 36 inches and taller.

Bring on the lap bars!

TimNRA757

Not pointless at all. Considering a person died on this ride just a few years ago.

For some reason people don't feel that the ride is that dangerous and that they can just hop out whenever. The lap bars are not because Disney is worried about people falling out on the drops, but because people are jumping out.

Think about the last time you rode on Splash. It seems everytime I ride they always have to stop the attraction due to someone trying to hop out of their log.
People seem to be getting dumber and dumber. It's a shame because back in Walt's day none of this was an issue as most followed the rules. However I can say I do see the need for these as it seems like unnecessary wear and tear on the ride and it's systems. I sure wish everyone followed the rules and then nobody would get hurt.

disneydata

The lap bars will not be coming in this refurb. There is simply not enough time to make the necessary track adjustments and test & adjust the vehicles. The vehicles aren't even done yet. This refurb will be the changes to the track and other odds and ends prepping for the 2011 refurb to add the lap bars.

_Scar

The lap bars will not be coming in this refurb. There is simply not enough time to make the necessary track adjustments and test & adjust the vehicles. The vehicles aren't even done yet. This refurb will be the changes to the track and other odds and ends prepping for the 2011 refurb to add the lap bars.

What are the changes to the track? Will there be a massive 2011 refurb?

Rob562

If kids were seated with adults, three could sit per row, meaning the max was 12. Assuming the lap bars are individual, which I'm guessing they will be, only 2 will be able to sit per row regardless of size.

Actually, just like at BTMRR, they occasionally let three adults ride in one row as long as they can fit in the log safely. There's an epic photo over at Theme Park Review of 12 adults in one log. (And it's obvious that some of the "outside" riders are probably only making single-cheek-contact with the seat...)

-Rob

disneydata

What are the changes to the track? Will there be a massive 2011 refurb?
It's nothing like changes in the layout. The changes that need to be made are to accomodate the new vehicle shape. It's a lot of welding and work under the waterline, so the flume has to be drained for a while.

ryno1982

Actually, just like at BTMRR, they occasionally let three adults ride in one row as long as they can fit in the log safely. There's an epic photo over at Theme Park Review of 12 adults in one log. (And it's obvious that some of the "outside" riders are probably only making single-cheek-contact with the seat...)

-Rob

This is known as an exception to the rule. We would never put three adults together unless they wanted to be.

mickey2008.1

so here we go again, protecting idiots from themselves!. How hard is it to stay in your log and enjoy the ride? thanks to the Aholes who ruin another good thing for ride lovers anywhere.:fork::fork::fork::fork:

DisneyParksFan1

Okay, can anyone be kind enough to let me know what's going on with this refurb? I'm confused, first I heard lap bars, now I hear track changes? Can anyone shed some light.? Thanks!

jonnyc

-Rob

Any chance of the link? Couldn't find it.

RSoxNo1

Typically the ride goes down for a month or so each year for general maintenance. I would assume that with the prolonged time period they are working on things beyond general maintenance. The retrofitting of the existing fleet of logs with lap bars would likely fit into that time frame.

I'm not sure how much added weight will come as a result of the lap bars, but any modification to the trough would probably be the result of that addition.

goofykt

If they're putting lap bars in - yay!

I almost fell out of Splash Mountain in Disneyland when I was a little kid. It was right as the log was going down the big hill into the briar patch. Scared the ________ out of me and I never rode it again (that is, until my husband made me last year :mad: ).

EPCOTPluto

Lap bars on Splash? New flume changes? :veryconfu

In any case, I would be more upset about them adding lap bars to the logs. Just because several -bags can slip out of their logs can easily guarantee lap bars. The logs have worked well without them, minus the hopping-outs. It would just be another chore to look over at each load/unload, not to mention that it would slow down the line (even with three stations!).

EPCOT Explorer

If they're putting lap bars in - yay!

I almost fell out of Splash Mountain in Disneyland when I was a little kid. It was right as the log was going down the big hill into the briar patch. Scared the ________ out of me and I never rode it again (that is, until my husband made me last year :mad: ).
They have a different seating arrangement there, ours is way more favorable.

goofykt

They have a different seating arrangement there, ours is way more favorable.

Yeah - when I rode Splash Mountain at WDW last year, I was like "how the hell did I almost fall out of this thing - was I jumping up and down like some kind of idiot?" (i didn't remember much about the details of the incident, only how scary it was, because we went the year it opened and I was only 6) So when I went home, I looked it up and saw that the seating is different in Disneyland version.

DisneyPrincess5

Yeah - when I rode Splash Mountain at WDW last year, I was like "how the hell did I almost fall out of this thing- was I jumping up and down like some kind of idiot?" (i didn't remember much about the details of the incident, only how scary it was, because we went the year it opened and I was only 6) So when I went home, I looked it up and saw that the seating is different in Disneyland version.

:lol: I agree! I haven't ridden Splash in a while (we always seem to go in the middle of the yearly rehab!) but I remember being on it in the past and wondering how I stayed in the ride car..hmm..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom