Splash Mountain Referb.

jonnyc

They may have done it multiple times on multiple trips, but one instance I found is about 3/4 of the way down on this page:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=271972

-Rob

Thanks!

Surely this isn't safe?!

kc0521.jpg

Thanks!

Surely this isn't safe?!

I'm sure this ride is so over engineered, one for safety and two for guests who are much larger then these folks that it’s really more of an issue with it being incredibly uncomfortable. Mind you I’m sure it is frowned upon by management.

Great Picture btw, I always like a new take on the how many people can we get in a phone booth.

WDITrent

You know what I think they should do with the 2011 refurb? They should stop the logs at the bottom of the final lift and launch them up and over the top, getting a zero gravity effect. :animwink:

disneydata

To clarify: the track changes are necessary to accomodate the dirrerent shape/size of the logs with the lapbar mechanism. You will most likely not notice any changes whatsoever.

DisneyParksFan1

I mean: Splash Mountain Mission 2!
Ohhhhh! Okay. While that would be great I don't think it would work thematically because don't you have to see those crows while you go up and everything. What I think they should do for a Splash Mountain refurb would be....

• New animatronics, new lighting, and repainted props.
  • Make the drop have some more splash for EVERYONE, not just the front row.
  • They should incorporate the whole "interactive queue" thing into the Splash queue where you see the pictures or dioramas of the characters from the ride. That would be cool.

RSoxNo1

Actually one thing I would like to see is the return of the viewing window right before unload that shows you your picture. It never worked, but they should be able to get this to work.

_Scar

I wouldn't think Splash Mountain would use a technological queue. IMO they capture the earthy-natural vibe that it should.

Tom

Beta Return
?

So, are we talking NEW logs, or retrofitted logs? I can't even comprehend how they'd fit a lapbar system into the current logs.

And in the logs at other parks that already have them, how are they operated? Is there a new mechanical device in the flume that triggers them (like on many of the dark rides) or will a CM have to step on some sort of pedal on the side of the log, or do they pull down manually (like BTMRR) and then release somehow at unload?

Lapbars can only decrease capacity, that's a fact. Like someone said, people are already too dumb to get in and out of a log as it is. Add one more guest and/or CM function and you can be assured that waits will increase significantly.

Regarding the possibility of them rusting - they won't. They'll be made out of stainless steel or an alloy with similar properties - just like the metal parts under the logs.

StageFrenzy

Im glad there were not any lap bars when i was a kid. When my mother and I rode I would duck down as low as i could go on the drop. On the picture it looked like she was riding alone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom