Splash Mountain Referb.

EPCOT Explorer

To clarify: the track changes are necessary to accomodate the dirrerent shape/size of the logs with the lapbar mechanism. You will most likely not notice any changes whatsoever.
So no loop? :lookaroun:lol:

Interesting. This sounds VERY extensive.
Ohhhhh! Okay. While that would be great I don't think it would work thematically because don't you have to see those crows while you go up and everything. What I think they should do for a Splash Mountain refurb would be....

• New animatronics, new lighting, and repainted props.
  • Make the drop have some more splash for EVERYONE, not just the front row.
    [*]They should incorporate the whole "interactive queue" thing into the Splash queue where you see the pictures or dioramas of the characters from the ride. That would be cool.
Nahh...Not in SpM. It kinda would ruin the mood, and the theme. It's simplistic, and fine.

WDITrent

Ohhhhh! Okay. While that would be great I don't think it would work thematically because don't you have to see those crows while you go up and everything. What I think they should do for a Splash Mountain refurb would be....

• New animatronics, new lighting, and repainted props.
  • Make the drop have some more splash for EVERYONE, not just the front row.
  • They should incorporate the whole "interactive queue" thing into the Splash queue where you see the pictures or dioramas of the characters from the ride. That would be cool.
:wave: Sarcasm not noted? :lol:

BigThunderMatt

I was waiting for this to finally come up. Yes, lap bars are being installed, hence the long refurb. They have a prototype right now, but it's got a big "keep out!" by it and CMs can't get near it. The good news is that intrusions should definitely be few and far between, but the bad news is it's going to kill capacity. People are slow getting in the logs now. Imagine how much longer than 11.5 seconds it's going to take to push up the bars, leave the log, have new people get in, pull down the bars, and then have the CM check them. Plus there will only be 8 max per log now.

They have them in Tokyo, they don't seem to have capacity issues.

_Scar

They did this for the Rebel Yell at King's Dominion in Richmond :shrug:

IMHO, backwards = awesome!

Not what I was thinking

Indiana Jones: The Temple of Peril was changed backwards in DLP to celebrate either 10 or 20 years of DLP. It was pretty neat :)

The new ride was called Indiana Jones: Backwards. :lol:

wesTcoastY

Not from an operations point of view. Too many people try to - and do - leave their logs during both 101 and 102.

Um, thanks for the lesson, but i can certainly think of reasons on my own as to why this would come to be...nonetheless i still think it's totally lame.:(

RSoxNo1

The biggest thing for capacity issues is the space in the log. Japenese people are smaller than Americans, they could experience some problems with this retrofitting stateside.

BigThunderMatt

The biggest thing for capacity issues is the space in the log. Japenese people are smaller than Americans, they could experience some problems with this retrofitting stateside.

Don't they have some kind of feature at Expedition Everest to avoid this sort of situation? Like a test seat? I'm pretty sure that'd be easy enough to implement at Splash.

irishboyforever

Original Poster
Sorry for dissapearing after creating this thread got busy with work. Anyway, the logs will look the same only newer. Yes they will create some capacity issues but all and all it is for the best. Only two people can sit in a row with no exceptions. People get out of the logs more often then you think, and it causes a great deal of trouble for Cast and managment so these are a blessing.

I can't site my sources here, but if you'd like to know more PM me and i'll share as much as I can.

1disneydood

Will the lapbars be foam padded? I hope not. I make it a point to never never never even touch the hand bars, muchless grab them. I'd hate to be forced to have the funky smelling sweaty mildew foam scent ground into my clothing and smell that funk all day.

BigThunderMatt

Yes all new logs.

Tokyo's logs are identical in design to Orlando minus the lap bars. Considering Disney's recent streak of el cheapo solutions to problems I highly doubt they're going to build an entire new set of logs and have them ready for what appears to be only a month-long refurb. It would be much more in their nature to retrofit the ones they already have.

Not to mention when Disneyland added seat backs to their logs on Splash Mountain they did so by retrofitting the current logs, not building new ones. As much as I am all for bright, sparkly new upgrades, even I think it's a big waste to build an entirely new set of logs for a change as minimal as adding a lap bar. This isn't like when they redesigned the cars on Matterhorn or Space Mountain, the log itself is staying the same. They just have to toss in a ratcheting lap bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom