Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
So in a time when Disney is cutting budgets left and right they find money to start a new retheme?

I wouldn't be surprised if they already had this creative ready to go for another attraction, and decided to repurpose it as a retheme of Splash Mountain.

jt04

Finally. Long overdue.

But theming it to a musical based 'Critter Country' ride at WDW would work better IMO.

With plenty of room left over for Tiana and company nearby within an MK version of New Orleans Square by relocating the CBJ and Pecos etc.

Would add so much life to that corner of the park. 🎵🎶🎺

PrincessNelly_NJ

What “ratings”?

The reality is they need “adds”...not new skins...

And in the era of FP+ everything had a long line...so “popularity” is completely skewed.
You can't expect guest to keep paying $100+ to visit a park with 30+ year old rides. If the price will keep going up, they have to make these rides more modern. Especially in disneyland where space is limited.

Bob Harlem

Compared to a movie people know the songs but hardly anyone has ever seen at all nowadays?

The characters in it are all from African folklore, which this is actually removing in favor of a grimm fairytale with blacks grafted in. They probably should have kept it and focused and expanded more on the folklore part and moved away from the film. To me this sounds backwards.

gmajew

Premium Member
neither is glorifying or giving them a front and center platform. You can learn from history without those things.

The fact the ride had been cleansed of the racial issues this ride should not be the issue. The issue is some are trying to bring up anything that can have any negative impact and force change for change sake....

Like HBO knee jerk reaction to bring down Gone With The Wind....

This ride if you ask 99.9% of the population they have no idea why it would need to be changed and no one would say it was racist.

This is the cancel culture at full force yet again.

GeoffR

I’m so excited for this! I hope every single song from the film is included.

(And to all the racists, which sadly is probably half of WDW’s visitors, you can keep your “bOyCotT” and “I’m DoNe wItH DiSnEy” comments to yourselves. They’ll survive without your racist dollar.)

Do you think it's fair to assume people who don't agree with this change are racists? Or, possibly, could they be justifiably upset at this announcement?
Considering you're a new member, you should consult some previous discussions about this topic because this isn't a new thing. Certainly would make an actual agrument rather than throwing vast assumptions at people because you disagree with them.

UNCgolf

I get it, but hate that it's a retrofit. They can't do this halfway like they did with Frozen. This needs to be a better ride with better AA's than Splash Mountain.

It makes a ton of sense location wise in California. In Florida, I would have loved to see them take the opportunity to put something more thematically appropriate for Frontierland in here and put Princess and the Frog in Fantasyland.

I will miss Splash Mountain but I get it. Just don't do this halfway.

This is the biggest issue. I don't think they can retrofit Princess and the Frog (or really anything) into that space and have it make perfect sense the way Splash Mountain did, but they can still make an excellent ride if they're willing to spend the money.

I don't think they will, though. I think this will end up a mediocre retrofit with far fewer AAs and set dressing than currently exist -- I fully expect a Frozen Ever After redux with some really impressive AAs surrounded by a ton of empty space, and possibly some Little Mermaid level plastic junk scattered around.

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

I’m so excited for this! I hope every single song from the film is included.

(And to all the racists, which sadly is probably half of WDW’s visitors, you can keep your “bOyCotT” and “I’m DoNe wItH DiSnEy” comments to yourselves. They’ll survive without your racist dollar.)

Wow, way to label people. I can't speak for everyone in the thread but I hold firm that this attraction is separate and apart from the source material. The only obscene thing, to me, in today's climate, is the minstrelish dialect (if you want to go that route). Otherwise, this is just outrageous. There are ways to frame and change certain elements to keep the darn thing. It's a masterpiece.

Also, love Princess and the Frog. Been waiting for an attraction or show or something but this is not at all what I had in mind.

dothebrdwalk

Disgusting.

Our culture of tolerance is under attack by race-pushing Marxists. The ride had NOTHING in it that was offense to anyone. The movie itself is one of a white boy & black southern boy becoming friends & learning from one another.

And how race-insulting this must be to black people too..."Hey, we know you're all followers of this marxist race-baiting scam and not able to think on your own, nor use reason and see the ride has no racist themes at all. But here...we'll take our one sub-standarnd movie with a black princes and....viola!...everything is racially harmonious again! Yay!"

Just an affront on reason, civility and the unifying American belief that not one race is better than the other.
Oof. I was upset about the re-theme, but reading your delusional comments makes me happy it brings you so much pain. Long live Princess Tiana's Splash Mountain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom