Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusEzra

Call me a cynic but they can barely complete the projects they have slated for the next few years to me this seems like a hey this is a good idea (and dont get my wrong the current SM will never escape the ties to Song of the South so yes its a good idea) lets announce it get the good pub and then let it die a quiet death in the budget crunch

GeoffR

Considering the amount of maintenance that is needed throughout the resort, this has to be low on the totem pole. The monorails need work, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, Tomorrowland in general (especially in DL)....

They've really painted themselves in a corner. Someone is offended....BOOM....jumps to the front of the line...Pirates of the Caribbean, anyone?

PrincessNelly_NJ

The same way George Washington is.... or even Lincoln.... people are off their rockers. History is history and you learn from it and become better from it..... But removing everything is not the answer... as then history will repeat itself.
neither is glorifying or giving them a front and center platform. You can learn from history without those things.

SteamboatJoe

I think those outside of the offended group dont get to say what is or isn’t offensive. You can speak to intent but not impact. The ride was based on something that is offensive in today’s society.
I know many religious people who, right or wrong, are offended by a lot of things in the entertainment industry yet no one seems to be terribly concerned about it.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Now I'm a troll? Okay...

Yes. over time, rides should be changed. Everyone agrees Epcot was in need of serious updating...
The carousel at MK is over 100 years old.

Matterhorn at DL is the oldest tubular steel rollercoaster in the world and other than receiving some minor updates has remained largely the same.

Other rollercoasters around the world are older than either DL or WDW and still operate.

Some things don't need to be replaced.

Parker in NYC

It wasn't too long ago people on this very board wanted HOP closed...

Maybe so but that had nothing to do with this subject. Closing the HoP because it's out of date? I didn't know it was out of date. Seems they've changed and updated the show over the years to keep things very timely.

Goofnut1980

Maybe they can fix some things that will make this attraction not look so broken down after 3 months of a refurb. I think it will be a nice addition. It will not fit well in WDW for the area it is in.
Do you think they could redo the Frontierland area into a New Orleans area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom