Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosalert

I thought I’d be way more upset about this than I actually am but it makes sense. PatF is the best fit, and replacing a ride based off a racist film with a ride based off a film with POC leads is explicit growth. Splash was my favourite ride, but if anything, this is going to make it better. The ride itself isn’t going away, just the (very outdated) theming.

rct247

I'm am quite excited about this actually! (and a little surprised to see so much backlash even though I knew there would be some)

Princess and the Frog is a beautiful film with some great characters and music. The ride fits the spot in Disneyland more than Magic Kingdom, but it's always been that way. It never fit the progression of Frontierland's timeline and geographical location transitions.

Families and children can identify with this film more than the characters from Song of the South since they can actually watch the film. It presents more merchandising opportunities and clears the conscience a bit from the controversy. I can get behind this far more than I can get behind Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Break-Out.

I'll be very interested to see how this comes out. I can only imagine that many of the animatronics will remain as new friends of the characters such as the America Sings animatronics did with the Song of the South characters.

I can think of far more abominations than this one: Tiki Room Under New Management & Stitch's Great Escape are just a couple.

Rescue Ranger

What can I say? What can any of us say? A classic, fun-loving amazing staple of the Disney parks and Disney culture will be no more.

Many, too many, people out there, many who are clueless about Disney to begin with, just have to look for the worst in eveything. Complain about even the most innocent fun-loving things that have brought joy and happiness to generations. Some critters, a Rabbit, Fox and Bear were just too much for some and I think this is devastating.

This 'new' attraction, or should I say replaced because they're again taking away instead of adding, could be amazing BUT that does nothing for Splash. Many never even had a chance to say goodbye.

Zip-a-dee-do-dah no more wonderful days. And it's heartbreaking.

PolynesianPrincess

Now I'm a troll? Okay...

Yes. over time, rides should be changed. Everyone agrees Epcot was in need of serious updating...

Never said you were a troll. I just was questioning if you were or not.

While I agree some rides should be changed, others are classics. Splash always has lines unless its cold out. If it were an attraction that never had a wait I could understand. But it's popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom