Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

ExtinctJenn

Looks fantastic! My only complaint though is they are still sending boats too close together in my opinion (but that's true on every boat ride it seems - and I completely get it's to get more people in/on/thru).

PurpleDragon

GMR, Mission: SPACE, Pan, Jungle & Buzz could all use a major one.

Don't get me started on how terrible Peter Pan looks. I mean come on, it still has the original wooden dolls from the 70's with about 10,000 coats of pain on them. With all the other updated attractions around MK and the new FLE, Peter Pan should get a huge upgrade/makeover soon to bring it into the 21st century.

Okay, rant over.

Back on topic, Splash Mountain looks great in the video, I hope its still in tip top shape when I'm there in June.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
A quick note towards keeping Splash in this condition, and also making sure future refurbs are budgeted and scheduled to this type of full quality:

If you're in the park in the next few months, stop by City Hall and comment on the refurb. Make sure they take a comment that gets put in the system noting how good it looks, how good it sounds, how you noticed this refurbishment is above what they normally look like, how it hasn't looked like this since opening...etc., etc.

It does make a difference.

Quote for emphasis.

djkidkaz

A quick note towards keeping Splash in this condition, and also making sure future refurbs are budgeted and scheduled to this type of full quality:

If you're in the park in the next few months, stop by City Hall and comment on the refurb. Make sure they take a comment that gets put in the system noting how good it looks, how good it sounds, how you noticed this refurbishment is above what they normally look like, how it hasn't looked like this since opening...etc., etc.

It does make a difference.

Or at the very least shoot an email with positive feedback. What email address would be appropriate?

openendedsky

The title of this thread is awfully negative. Now that the refurbishment is complete, a new thread should be started, so those new to the forums will not think that Splash is still "falling apart."
It was when this thread was started and refurb for it was still simply speculation. Any other subsequent "splash" threads have been merged into this one.

Yert3

Looks a great refurb, audio, lighting improved, paint done everywhere, all AAs working apart from Bluebird at the end. Tarps removed from load area. Laughing place laminar jets all working.

Full ride through video at http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...hrough-of-the-refurbished-splash-mountain.htm
It looks amazing!!!! So so happy today because of this. Only problems I saw is that the shadow projection wasn't on, Br're Frog is still out of sync singing laughin' place, and Mr. Bluebird wasn't on. Other than that it was perfect!

articos

It looks amazing!!!! So so happy today because of this. Only problems I saw is that the shadow projection wasn't on, Br're Frog is still out of sync singing laughin' place, and Mr. Bluebird wasn't on. Other than that it was perfect!
You may have missed the shadow projection, because it is working. And Frog (and all the others) will drop sync every so often, that's just a part of dealing with show control. It should fix itself pretty quickly. Bird will be working soon, as '71 mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom