Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikkler

I'm pretty sure this is allowed. For Epcot's 30th many groups arranged dessert parties for illuminations and charged admission.
I think the best spot for IllumiNations might be where ImageWorks was in the 80s and 90s...
I want to rent ImageWorks :arghh:

71jason

I'm pretty sure this is allowed. For Epcot's 30th many groups arranged dessert parties for illuminations and charged admission.

The first two Congalooshes--in the Adventurers Club and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular--both sold admission for private shows.

Honestly, the dinner in GMR isn't that impressive. It's done fairly often, I know a handful of people who've been to one. Last year, Lou had a private dinner show in the American Adventure lobby, basically an AdvClub rip-off--where he was written in as one of the characters! Now that's something to think about...

Sue_Vongello

The first two Congalooshes--in the Adventurers Club and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular--both sold admission for private shows.

Honestly, the dinner in GMR isn't that impressive. It's done fairly often, I know a handful of people who've been to one. Last year, Lou had a private dinner show in the American Adventure lobby, basically an AdvClub rip-off--where he was written in as one of the characters! Now that's something to think about...

What?! That's nutty.

Yea sorry about bringing that up I just didn't realize how easy/cost effective it was ... never had given it a thought until I heard about it.

Sue_Vongello

Pretty sure you could get an hour alone with Minnie if the price were right.

Yea I know there is a price tag on everything (including the whole resort!) but I just never imagined it'd be "reasonable" enough pricing.

Minnie ... eh ... pass .... now Flynn Ryder, Prince Phillip, Jasmine, and/or Ariel ... well, I'd pay for an hour alone with any of those lovelies! Disney you read me? PM me with your price quote.

asianway

I think that is fairly typical for corporate events. Somehow write the host/CEO in for a laugh in front of their associates.

I still dont know that Disney wants me renting out a venue to sell tickets to with the intent to profit. Maybe Ill give it a shot and see how that works out for me.

Sue_Vongello

I think that is fairly typical for corporate events. Somehow write the host/CEO in for a laugh in front of their associates.

I still dont know that Disney wants me renting out a venue to sell tickets to with the intent to profit. Maybe Ill give it a shot and see how that works out for me.

Let's have a WDWMagic "Spirited!" Party in the Tower of Terror!

Bolna

Question is whether there is really a profit in it. If the ticket prices are sold at a price that does not generate a profit (maybe some Disney travel agency would sponsor part of the costs...) Disney might not have a problem with it. Then it is more of a private event that just asks everyone to pay for their own share.

asianway

Question is whether there is really a profit in it. If the ticket prices are sold at a price that does not generate a profit (maybe some Disney travel agency would sponsor part of the costs...) Disney might not have a problem with it. Then it is more of a private event that just asks everyone to pay for their own share.
@71jason - wasnt there strife about this topic 5 years ago when it came to whom was "allowed" to charge admission to Motion buyouts? I figure if anyone remembers...

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Yea I know there is a price tag on everything (including the whole resort!) but I just never imagined it'd be "reasonable" enough pricing.

Minnie ... eh ... pass .... now Flynn Ryder, Prince Phillip, Jasmine, and/or Ariel ... well, I'd pay for an hour alone with any of those lovelies! Disney you read me? PM me with your price quote.
I'd pay for some time with Gaston, personally.

rael ramone

A dining observation, the 1/2 chicken and BBQ rib combo that was $14.19 at last check has been removed from Cosmic Rays. It was one of the quick service entrees that still provided a value on the Dining Plan.

Edit: Looks like the BBQ Ribs that were $10.69 have also been removed... Don't worry though, according to guest surveys the Dining Plan is an incredible convenience and cost savings that's enjoyed by our guests.

I'm waiting for them to start offering gruel...:grumpy::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom