Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

So, maybe something else. :)

Wasn't that a movie line? "This time, it's personal." And wasn't it a bad movie? I just can't remember the movie. Had to be some sequel. (eta: Jaws II. I looked it up.)
9BaXKKd.jpg

And now we have Comcast getting revenge on Disney, and they've killed Jaws for good.

RSoxNo1

Remember the steaks at Pepper Market? ::drool::
You mean the Pepper Market that took away the buffet? Is that still the case?

Also, the Barbecued Pork Sandwich is now available at all 3 bays (makes perfect sense for the chicken and burger bays) and it appears to be the same sandwich available at Pecos Bill

truecoat

Finally saw MU today. I thought it was pretty good. Better than Brave but is that saying much? It had a couple real laugh out loud parts for me. I surprised my wife on how loud I laughed. Especially when mom stayed in the van to listen to her "tunes".

Scuttle

Maybe Disney will sell to Comcast, all the parks will be spruced up and get better rides and everyone will get tickets that allow them into all the parks. Or maybe something else...
A dining observation, the 1/2 chicken and BBQ rib combo that was $14.19 at last check has been removed from Cosmic Rays. It was one of the quick service entrees that still provided a value on the Dining Plan.

Edit: Looks like the BBQ Ribs that were $10.69 have also been removed... Don't worry though, according to guest surveys the Dining Plan is an incredible convenience and cost savings that's enjoyed by our guests.

What a joke the chicken was maybe the only counter service meal worthy of the price in the MK (excluding Pecos).

tissandtully

Quick Service at Unviversal is so-so (I haven't been to the Simpsons area, so I can't comment on that). I like Confisco Grill though, that's good stuff.
Three Broomsticks is good. But it's pretty much serving the same stuff that was there before it got changed, and that was always the best CS spot at IOA.

PhotoDave219

Sounds good to me.

It's sad to think that Steve Burke could have been CEO of Disney.

Well, WDW1974 has better info on all that went down.

Me, I still think that Eisner suckered Burke into bidding on Disney just so he could keep his job. (And if he did, well played.) Alas, I believe this has left Comcast management really ed off at the mouse and thats why theyre dumping as much money as they are in Orlando. They smell blood in the water and theyre going after Disney and their guests.

Cody5242

Finally saw MU today. I thought it was pretty good. Better than Brave but is that saying much? It had a couple real laugh out loud parts for me. I surprised my wife on how loud I laughed. Especially when mom stayed in the van to listen to her "tunes".
I enjoyed MU more than Brave and that saying a lot for me because I loved Brave. I'm just waiting for that Wall-E quality Pixar film to come out...

CDavid

Check out this site:

http://disneyeventgroup.com/sections/disney-park-events/disneys-hollywood-studios/great-movie-ride/

This has a list of all venues available to rent out for special events. Looks like the capacity for a GMR event is 225. There is no info on pricing, I'd assume it is negotiated per event and it wouldn't surprise me if he was getting a deal.

Thanks for the link - had no idea all this existed. For anyone like me who has never seen this, click on the Tower of Terror and hit play. Nice animated flyover.

http://disneyeventgroup.com/sections/disney-park-events/disneys-hollywood-studios/tower-of-terror/

Captain Neo

Well, WDW1974 has better info on all that went down.

Me, I still think that Eisner suckered Burke into bidding on Disney just so he could keep his job. (And if he did, well played.) Alas, I believe this has left Comcast management really ed off at the mouse and thats why theyre dumping as much money as they are in Orlando. They smell blood in the water and theyre going after Disney and their guests.

You have it totally backwards. It was Roy Disney and Steve Jobs who told Comcast that Disney was ripe for acquisition. Their announcement of an offer was a major blow to Eisner because if they did acquire disney he would be pushed out and if they didn't he would still be pushed out because Wall Street guys would have made alot of money from the merger and by refusing the deal it looked like Eisner was turning down what was best for the company in favor of his ego. The Comcast bid, Roy and Stanley's "save disney" campaign, and Steve Jobs getting ed were what ultimately led to Eisner being thrown out.

BrianLo

You're not alone in thinking this and I agree it needs TSMM to really sell it as a land, but the themeing and vegitation help place it above the level of typical amusment park visuals. What kind of view do you get from the parachute drop?

Also, what kind of weird placement issues are there at HKDL? I know Centre Street has been ruined with an ugly green shed unfortunately.

Parachute drop is right next to Mystic Point, so depending on the seat you can look right into the whole land. That is the biggest placement issue people tend to have and is the only real sightline problem in the entire park (which is densely forested compared to other castle parks). Apart from that I think having Mystic Point not connect to Adventureland can be seen as an issue (although frankly neither bother me).

As per that green shed, I actually had to look for it. In fact, I actually like it. It's more of a British colonial/Victorian type look (also seen in the very beautiful MTR station) that HK Disneyland should have had from the get-go instead of copy and pasting a Disneyland Main street. I understand why it would create a fuss in California, but the weakest parts of HKDL is when it tries too much to be Disneyland proper.

BrianLo

And, as much as I think Be Our Guest is nice for what it is, the Explorers Club at Mystic Point also looks fantastic, despite being "only" a counter-service eatery.

It really stand out as being more than your average counter service. I appreciate the four completely different menu sets based on regions of the world. SE Asian, Indian, Chinese and Japanese if memory serves me. I also love the four different themed rooms on offer too matching those different regions. Of course if you dislike "Asian food" in general Be our Guest would be more enticing. Went last December and the line was far too long so I didn't bother and can't really properly compare the two.

DLP is next on the docket in a few weeks, it's the only park I've never been to (2X for all of them now and 3X for WDW but one of those was 20 years ago). I'll be interested to see their Small World, didn't know it was unique and I'm waiting to be surprised by all the differences at that park.

asianway

You mean the Pepper Market that took away the buffet? Is that still the case?

Also, the Barbecued Pork Sandwich is now available at all 3 bays (makes perfect sense for the chicken and burger bays) and it appears to be the same sandwich available at Pecos Bill
Still no buffet. I tried it once, must've been a bad day, nothing seemed all that fresh at lunch

RSoxNo1

More dining updates. At the Plaza Restaurant the kids meal used to include a Drink, Appetizer, Entree and Desert for $8.59. Sometime in the last month the Appetizer was pulled out and is now an additional $2.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom