Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikkler

Because we're so depressed and unsatisfied with our lives that we take it out on the Walt Disney Company...

ToTBellHop

Apparently you've never been to Electric Umbrella.
Or DHS. Where to begin...
l_53a666c0-d6b4-11e1-871e-214b43400006.jpg

Is that food? Is it intended for human consumption?

71jason

I think that is fairly typical for corporate events. Somehow write the host/CEO in for a laugh in front of their associates.

Didn't see it first hand, but from what I hear, this went beyond a quick joke. Lou was the "Emil Bleehall" character in a pastiche of the Balderdash Cup.

I still dont know that Disney wants me renting out a venue to sell tickets to with the intent to profit. Maybe Ill give it a shot and see how that works out for me.

In fairness, the Congaloosh was a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. I was under the impression Mongello was doing it for profit, but I really haven't ever looked that closely, he may give any profit to charity (while still reaping the benefit of publicity).

I do remember a dust-up about selling admission to Motion, I believe for Gay Days, but the reason that caused such a stir is that venues had been rented out for private, for-profit parties before that--Typhoon Lagoon for sure, possibly DHS as well.

My take-away is that Disney seems to play pretty fast and loose with whatever rules there are.

asianway

Didn't see it first hand, but from what I hear, this went beyond a quick joke. Lou was the "Emil Bleehall" character in a pastiche of the Balderdash Cup.

In fairness, the Congaloosh was a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. I was under the impression Mongello was doing it for profit, but I really haven't ever looked that closely, he may give any profit to charity (while still reaping the benefit of publicity).

I do remember a dust-up about selling admission to Motion, I believe for Gay Days, but the reason that caused such a stir is that venues had been rented out for private, for-profit parties before that--Typhoon Lagoon for sure, possibly DHS as well.

My take-away is that Disney seems to play pretty fast and loose with whatever rules there are.
Ah yes - the "Beach Ball" - they do turn a profit on that for sure.

Mouse Detective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom