Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv

I really wanted to love DM2. It was a solid A- for much of the movie but the two "fart gun" jokes just cheapened it. I don't know why but that left a really bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended).
Kids (boys, especially) like jokes about bodily functions, especially farts, burps and pee. Some boys never outgrow this. I know some very accomplished men who still enjoy a good fart or burp joke. My dad was 70 when he died and the amusement with it had not ceased.

I don't get it, but it's a fact of life.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Kids (boys, especially) like jokes about bodily functions, especially farts, burps and pee. Some boys never outgrow this. I know some very accomplished men who still enjoy a good fart or burp joke. My dad was 70 when he died and the amusement with it had not ceased.

I don't get it, but it's a fact of life.
Guilty as charged:happy: I'm not sure how accomplished I am, but toilet humor doesn't really get old for me.

draybook

I think I'm the only one who found the first Despicable Me to be complete garbage

I didn't see the first one but I went with my wife and kids to the drive-in to see the second one last weekend. I didn't get was going on due to missing the first but a lot of the humor seemed dry to me. I guess I would need to see the first one.

Sue_Vongello

Spirit did say he plans to post his transformational new this weekend, so there's that.

Weekend is almost over ... @WDW1974 better have a good reason why we haven't seen it yet ... like watching Seinfeld re-runs, lecturing at dinner to 2%ers on how to go the extra 1%, or eluding a zombified Mongellite hellbent on harvesting his organs for future Lou clones.

Either way ... post that news!

the.dreamfinder

Weekend is almost over ... @WDW1974 better have a good reason why we haven't seen it yet ... like watching Seinfeld re-runs, lecturing at dinner to 2%ers on how to go the extra 1%, or eluding a zombified Mongellite hellbent on harvesting his organs for future Lou clones.

Either way ... post that news!
Speaking of Lifestylers.
When I saw "The Bling Ring", a character says, "I want have my own lifestyle BRAND". I chuckled.

71jason

Not entirely sure what you mean, but if I offended you, I apologize!

I'm never offended, and certainly never by one of my favorite posters. It's a term from CHUD (a film board), for a thread that manages to devolve into "I hate Popular Movie X" or "I know it sucks but I love Unpopular Movie Y." Usually no meaningful film discussion, just people basically admitting they don't have decent taste in movies.

Figments Friend

I think I'm the only one who found the first Desicable Me to be complete garbage
You are not alone.
I watched it once on loan from a friend who was absolutely obsessed with the original movie.
Told me i need to see it...and that i will love it.

I watched it, but there was very little that i found appealing or interesting about it.
Not a fave by any means.

luv

Thats the weekend after I come for a dip in your pool. ;)
Touche!!
I'm never offended, and certainly never by one of my favorite posters. It's a term from CHUD (a film board), for a thread that manages to devolve into "I hate Popular Movie X" or "I know it sucks but I love Unpopular Movie Y." Usually no meaningful film discussion, just people basically admitting they don't have decent taste in movies.
Whew! I thought it might have been the fart stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom