Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

First, I don't look like Leo.

Second, I think Leo's acting abilities peaked on Growing Pains.

Third, on more serious matters, the info out here by @pheneix is quite true. But DLP isn't closing and it isn't going seasonal either. This is all about manipulating the situation to FINALLY rid Disney of the albatross of debt that Euro Disney SCA has wracked up. Disney wants control of the resort completely and sans the current debt. All they are doing is posturing to remind the folks over there how important they are.

Did I tell you my Al Sharpton/Leo DiCaprio story?

stevehousse

I think you're asking the wrong question. But think about it, there is so much talent at Ghibli so why shouldn't they be able to work with WDI/OLC team to build ORIGINAL attractions in addition to their current IP. I want to see Hayao Miyazaki and Co.'s Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.

Studio Ghibli IP that could work well in a theme park setting:
Totoro
Porco Rosso
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
Nausicaa
The Borrower Arrietty

They also own the Japanese rights to Wallace and Gromit

Ponyo would fit in nicely too. I'm surpised the Asia parks do not already have a land like this seeing how popular those studios movies are over there!

I want a Totoro meet n greet and a Ponyo dark ride...

flynnibus

Premium Member
all this talk about true anime in the parks is the ultimate form of pipe dreams. Let it go.. just because Disney signed on as a distributor, that doesn't make them enamored with the product. It means they saw dollar signs.

Calvin Coolidge

all this talk about true anime in the parks is the ultimate form of pipe dreams. Let it go.. just because Disney signed on as a distributor, that doesn't make them enamored with the product. It means they saw dollar signs.
So OLC isn't thinking about building a 3rd gate in Tokyo with domestic properties anymore?

SirLink

Who says we want it in Disney owned parks. I don't, I want a Toei Animation park ran and paid for by OLC - designed by ex-WDI guys.

Scuttle

I cannot wait for "The Wolf of Wall Street", easily the film that I'm most looking forward to this fall. Matthew McConaughey has also been on a roll with Bernie, Killer Joe (Which I haven't seen but heard good things) and Mud.
Maybe DiCaprio wins the Oscar this year.
Leo is so overdue for an Oscar win. He should have been nominated for the departed and not blood diamond in 06. Brilliant performance in the departed.

Calvin Coolidge

Leo is so overdue for an Oscar win. He should have been nominated for the departed and not blood diamond in 06. Brilliant performance in the departed.
Honestly, I think he's a pretty talented actor but there's not a single role he's been in that I see as even deserving of nomination relative to that year's competition. Wolf of Wall Street has a lot of potential, and I'm hearing positive buzz about his performance in it so there's a real shot that it will make folks forget about that ghastly Gatsby movie.

Wikkler

If Disney wants to buy EuroDisney SCA then who knows what else they want to buy....

bridge_in_mysterious_island.jpg

:lookaroun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom