Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody5242

I hold the belief that they are going to push Star Wars to an early May 2016 release.

I agree with the article that we may have reached saturation on superhero movies. If I were Disney, I'd build up demand by doing a Star Wars blackout on any new media for two years or so before the new movie.
I think Avatar 2 has more potential than SW7 and Avengers 2. The new technology that is going to be implemented into the film will be a huge draw

cjkeating

Europa Park seems to do very well with theming it's coasters, even if they aren't all indoors with heavy show scenes. Blue Fire has some amazing landscaping, and even has a dark ride portion. The only two I'd say that don't rely on heaving theming throughout the ride are Silver Star and Wodan. The Poseidon water coaster looks most impressive! They also have a fair share of interesting dark rides scattered throughout the park. It definitely looks to be one of the more impressive theme parks out there.

Whilst theme park preference is obviously personal, compared to many European theme parks I have visited along with all of the Florida parks I would rate Europa Park better than any of them when you put one park against another. Yes it has its flaws as any park does, but in my opinion when you add in the mix of varied coasters, dark rides, flat rides, water rides, theming, shows, maintenance, cleanliness and efficiency (not to mention the exceptional hotels) it stands above any comparison.

I suggest anyone who hasn't got this on their to do list to put it on and place it near the top.

NoChesterHester

I guess I see Avatar as NFL. All zazz with nothing behind it. Maybe that is why NFL doesn't get traffic from me as Avatar did not get a ticket or BluRay sale from me.

Avatar is fine. I have no problem with it. I saw it in the theater and own the movie. BUT - I have re-watched it once. The visuals are nice and the story is barely passable. The world of Pandora is the show. The characters are completely forgettable.

I've re-watched Star Wars a hundred times over the years. My son watches it. My daughter watches it. My friends kids watch it. My Dad watches it. I actually give a two craps about the characters.

I give so little about the Avatar characters that I was hoping the sequel would be some in the future story with a whole new cast - I'm not all that excited about the adventures of Jake Sully.

ParentsOf4

I've re-watched Star Wars a hundred times over the years. My son watches it. My daughter watches it. My friends kids watch it. My Dad watches it. I actually give a two craps about the characters.
Like The Spirit, I'm more of a Star Trek fan but I have to admit that Star Wars current following is wider and multigenerational. Despite 3 mediocre movies in a row, I still am amazed at how much Star Wars merchandise there is out there. And even something as simple as Jedi Training Camp is surprisingly popular. Star Tours lines are short at night but that's because DHS is a mess.

I just can't imagine any Star Wars Land at DHS not being a success, no matter how badly WDW screws it up.

willtravel

Spirited Monday Musings II: Not because I can't stop typing, but because my computer caught a nasty virus and sorta likes shutting down with no warning at all. And unlike you pesky kids, I do not like typing anything of substance on a tablet or phone. ... Heard a great tale that WDW AP sales are way down now versus five years ago and that is why they didn't see substantial price increases last month. ... Yes, that means despite what you often read (usually on Miceage and usually about DLR) Disney isn't trying to cull the herd of APers. They'd like even more APers -- even in Anaheim -- just paying vastly more to get in. ...What do you think about Vegas in July? ... Do NOT read anything into the D23 non announcement regarding no announcements at the Expo as far as what actually is coming. Things are still moving ahead on the Studios project as well as Anaheim projects. ... I do wonder at this point if Disney is afraid to put the Shanghai roster out to the world, knowing that many American fanbois will rip on it and the Chinese will read this and force changes on them. ... No, I still haven't see Monsters U and World War Z. Spending time trying to convince people you are yourself can take up your time so that you wouldn't know what day it was if not for good old Moe's and their Monday burrito special. ... Why is it that I hear more positive buzz coming from the left coast about Planes than I do about the Lone Ranger? ... If you're really looking forward to seeing Thor 2, the chances are I wouldn't like you. ... The MK isn't the worst Disney park on the planet, but it is the worst castle park. ... Oh well, I know no one watches network TV, but us old farts and Under The Dome is about to start, so I'll see you all a little later.
Under the Dome is starting to be more and more like Lost. Hope they don't cancel the show before any answers of what the heck is going on...:(

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Under the Dome is starting to be more and more like Lost. Hope they don't cancel the show before any answers of what the heck is going on...:(

That it is. The line "The dome doesn't want us to tell" or whatever it was along those lines reminded me of Locke and the island.

willtravel

That it is. The line "The dome doesn't want us to tell" or whatever it was along those lines reminded me of Locke and the island.
I never watched the end of Lost. When they escaped the island and the next thing Jack is saying we have to go back. It was like, to me, the writers didn't know what to do.:rolleyes: So I don't know how it ended.....

Kuhio

Since this is partially a movie thread, here's a great article about how big 2015 will be (Avatar 2 still hasn't been confirmed for 2015 yet, but I think it will come out around Christmas time)
http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/2013-07-2015-looking-to-become-one-for-the-ages

If the production of Avatar 2 proceeds at the same noncommittal pace as Avatarland at DAK, I wouldn't be overly optimistic for a 2015 release.

(And the article used a phrase I honestly never thought I'd see in my lifetime: "long-awaited Ant-Man feature." Long-awaited by whom?)

stevehousse

Under The Dome will wrap up and only be one season long. Treat it as an extended mini series type deal. There will be no second season.

And yes 2015 is going to be huge for Disney box office wise! Avengers 2 , Finding Dory, and Star Wars 7 will all be huge hits no matter how good or bad they end up being!

And With the OZ land talk sparked up again, I just don't see how it fits in MK or DL...there are much better ideas that can be had besides that! Why not make an Aladdin Cave of Wonders dark ride/e ticket in adventureland, or an UP balloon dark ride that could go in either Adventure land of Fantasy land(I'm speaking MK for these options)??? Even bring the Alice in Wonderland dark ride to MK. I honestly think they should have done that or a tangled ride to replace SWSA instead of a meet n greet. If Disney was smart they would have made the belle meet n greet an all princess meet n greet as u get to meet the princess who are going to a ball at The beast castle or something and scrap belles cottage.

Wishful thinking...

willtravel

Under The Dome will wrap up and only be one season long. Treat it as an extended mini series type deal. There will be no second season.

And yes 2015 is going to be huge for Disney box office wise! Avengers 2 , Finding Dory, and Star Wars 7 will all be huge hits no matter how good or bad they end up being!

And With the OZ land talk sparked up again, I just don't see how it fits in MK or DL...there are much better ideas that can be had besides that! Why not make an Aladdin Cave of Wonders dark ride/e ticket in adventureland, or an UP balloon dark ride that could go in either Adventure land of Fantasy land(I'm speaking MK for these options)??? Even bring the Alice in Wonderland dark ride to MK. I honestly think they should have done that or a tangled ride to replace SWSA instead of a meet n greet. If Disney was smart they would have made the belle meet n greet an all princess meet n greet as u get to meet the princess who are going to a ball at The beast castle or something and scrap belles cottage.

Wishful thinking...
Think so? Bad viewership?

Kuhio

I visited Phantasialand in 2006 or 2007. So before Maus. I remember being partly impressed. I liked the indoor coaster (Wuzze or somthing like that) which was similar to Crush in Paris. And I thought Black Mamba was the best coaster I have ever been on. But I did not like it very much at all. I did not find it cleaner than any Disney park and I thought it was far too overbuilt. No space anywhere. And some of it did look very unkept. I know they did invest in quite a lot of new attractions recently, so things might have changed. The Black Mamba area was certainly the prettiest part of the park.

Maus au Chocolat looks amazing. There isn't a single aspect of that attraction that isn't superior to Toy Story Midway Mania. The two spinning Winjas coasters are similar to Crush (which I really enjoyed), but look to be substantially more thrilling. And while the park's mine train isn't quite as well themed as Big Thunder Mountain, it does have the very memorable name, "Colorado Adventure - The Michael Jackson Thrill Ride" -- something not even Captain EO can claim!

What impresses me just as much about Phantasialand and Europa-Park are their themed hotels, which appear to be every bit the equal of Disney's -- if not markedly better, in some cases. In particular, I love Phantasialand's hotels, and the way they coordinate with two of the park's themed lands. And the Hotel Ling Bao makes me wish that WDW had ended up building the Asian Resort as originally planned, or at least some Asian-themed resort on property.

My only complaint about Phantasialand and Europa-Park is the fact that they aren't closer together! I'm planning a trip to Germany (and Austria) in the next year or two, and they are definitely on my to-do list... but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get from one to the other besides driving a rental car.

stevehousse

Think so? Bad viewership?

It was announced in November 2012 that CBS had bypassed ordering a pilot and given Under the Dome a thirteen-episode straight-to-series commitment. "This is a great novel coming to the television screen with outstanding auspices and in-season production values to create a summer programming event," commented Tassler in the official CBS press release.

It is an "event" or mini series so to speak...CBS has done the before with special event series, not lasting more than 1 season. There is no season 2 planned as the 13th episode will wrap up the book, however in an interview Stephen King gave on the series, he did say that the ending was changed. If you search online you can find the same info I jut gave...

I like Under The Dome ad can't wait to see how it ends! And I believe the ratings have been good for it so far. But rating or not, it will not see a second season! This is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom