Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But the story is that evil elements in Disney (which of course are waging a war against the D23 camp, whatever that means), are leaking D23's massive plans to be released at D23 concerning this project. If such an announcement is coming for D23 (unlikely), wouldn't they already have given the green light?
Thats irrelevant. Its called stealing the thunder.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You weren't... but other insiders here were... They were taking a stand that SS44 was to be a year round haunt despite evidence to the contrary... They were snowed...
Not all of them ;)

There was a very real chance it would have been Stage 44 Haunt. Things came very very close.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
George is a very bad liar when you look him in the eyes, which likely is why he's been harder to find than a dry summer's day in paradise.

I was out of town on a faux one percent vacation of my own last week. I am a bad liar though. Typically, I'm giggling as I type.
paranoid.gif

Disney Hollywood Adventure?

As a key insider on this board, I believe I broke the re-branding as "Disney's Islands of Fun Stuff to Do in Hollywood" story weeks ago. You are on the right track as there is a team working on a way to get Adventure into the title along with Islands in order to maximize what is being referred to as "CRTS" or Confused Rube Ticket Sales in the ISoB (Inner Sanctum of Burbank). The timeline on the re-branding is announcement at D23 with new signage starting in 2017 to be completed by 2022.

Goofyernmost

As a key insider on this board, I believe I broke the re-branding as "Disney's Islands of Fun Stuff to Do in Hollywood" story weeks ago. You are on the right track as there is a team working on a way to get Adventure into the title along with Islands in order to maximize what is being referred to as "CRTS" or Confused Rube Ticket Sales in the ISoB (Inner Sanctum of Burbank). The timeline on the re-branding is announcement at D23 with new signage starting in 2017 to be completed by 2022.

What a great idea. That would keep the people on property because if anyone asked how to get to Disney's Adventure Island all they need do is hop on the Monorail at DTD (Disney Springs for those that are wishing to remain current), and get off at the stop just after Epcot. They have confused Disney/MGM and later Disney Hollywood Studios with Universal for years. The just continue the trend and now have them confuse DAI with Islands of Adventure, but to our advantage.

If anyone asks where Harry Potter is they just tell them it's down for it's yearly rehab...maybe next visit.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm imagining that any "rename" or "rebrand" of DHS will have to keep the H, as so much of the area is themed (and I'll use it lightly for varying parts of the park) to Hollywood. If they take out the Hollywood, wouldn't the renovation need to be much larger than just one side of the park?

pheneix

Much like with New Fantasyland and Avatar, TDO is not calling the shots here. Burbank is.

Which is why my confidence in WDW pulling off Universal levels of quality with these additions is at absolute zero.

New Fantasyland = Dreadfully weak creative papered over by ridiculous amounts of money spent and a fan base that thinks being associated with Disney brand merchandise makes them better people. Disney is the Abercrombie of theme park brands and they know it.

Avatar = Well this one could turn around alright. Eventually. One day.

Funmeister

Is that considered a good thing? I wouldn't think so, but I've never stepped foot in a store nor spent a single dollar with the company.

I think he is making the reference that Abercrombie's CEO recently made a statement that their clothes are only designed for "good looking" people and not for the general public. In comparison to Disney I think pheneix is saying Disney creates their products for a select demographic. I could be wrong. Probably does not matter though since you ignore my posts.

Sue_Vongello

Different strokes for different folks, haha. That's kind of cool, though.

I think it'd be fine, IF it supplemented more of what fan(s) want, just for talking points here's what I want:

1. Movie Accurate Rebel X-Wing Pilot Helmet
2. Movie Accurate Gold Bikini
3. A floating model of Bespin
4. A design your own light saber not made out of plastic

That should get the ball rolling.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I finally caught up! Granted, it took me two days. But I did it!

Someone mentioned something about a cookie a few pages ago... is that offer still on the table? It's lunchtime.

Geezus. Take a weekend away to experience real life things and this thread loses its S*&#.

openendedsky

I think it'd be fine, IF it supplemented more of what fan(s) want, just for talking points here's what I want:

1. Movie Accurate Rebel X-Wing Pilot Helmet
2. Movie Accurate Gold Bikini
3. A floating model of Bespin
4. A design your own light saber not made out of plastic

That should get the ball rolling.

That, and movie accurate helmets that aren't made out of plastic and can talk when you push a button. I'd pay the extra dollar for something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom