Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Well that does it.....My like button just blew a gasket. You guys ( and Sue) are hitting it on all cylinders. You fanbois can have your Spirit fan club..... I found my internet goddess.....:Waving to Sue::cool:

DougK

Wow I just caught up on this thread after getting a bit behind. Spirit's threads are the best. :)

You know what is refreshing? That I am reading through pages and pages of stuff about NEW attractions. And it seems mostly to be about WHEN not IF. It seems almost certain that something big is going to happen at DHS (Big, Spirited change!) sooner rather than later (note: "sooner" is a relative term, this is Disney after all so five or six years counts as "sooner").

It is SO great that there has been very little talk in this thread about MM+, FP+, wristbands, RFID this, RFID that, 180-days-in-advance dining reservations, 60-days-in-advance Haunted Mansion reservations, 30-days-in-advance Dole Whip reservations :p , etc.

I'm lovin' my WDWMAGIC again!

devoy1701

Wow I just caught up on this thread after getting a bit behind. Spirit's threads are the best. :)

You know what is refreshing? That I am reading through pages and pages of stuff about NEW attractions. And it seems mostly to be about WHEN not IF. It seems almost certain that something big is going to happen at DHS (Big, Spirited change!) sooner rather than later (note: "sooner" is a relative term, this is Disney after all so five or six years counts as "sooner").

It is SO great that there has been very little talk in this thread about MM+, FP+, wristbands, RFID this, RFID that, 180-days-in-advance dining reservations, 60-days-in-advance Haunted Mansion reservations, 30-days-in-advance Dole Whip reservations :p , etc.

I'm lovin' my WDWMAGIC again!

Need I remind you that Monsters Inc Doors Coaster (or Crush's Coaster before that) has been in WHEN mode for about 5 years.

I'm not saying that it's not refreshing to see more rumors surfacing with even more details than before, but there's still a lot of "IF" involved WHEN we are talking WDW and TDO. Not to mention that these timelines are also 5 years out! I'm not getting any warm and fuzzies from this stuff. Not when punch # 2 of Uni's 1-2 Potter Punch is going to be opening a lot sooner!

Viget

You weren't... but other insiders here were... They were taking a stand that SS44 was to be a year round haunt despite evidence to the contrary... They were snowed...

As far as an expanded Star Wars area, bring it on... WOW me Disney... WOW me like you used to... You haven't WOW'D me in years... You lost me... Win me back... I dare you.. I double dare you.. No.. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!

I think you created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the vaunted "triple-dare" and going right for the throat!

Viget

True, but we're getting info from different sources ...and these aren't Fred the Busdriver Who Took Us From The MK to Pop Century Last Wednesday type of sources.

And these folks aren't getting the info all from the same place, either.

Besides, sources know that when they give the Spirit bad info, they wind up taking a long ride into the Everglades. And it's a one-way trip ...

And you said you never followed the Sopranos... :) Somehow, I don't quite believe that....

Viget

As a key insider on this board, I believe I broke the re-branding as "Disney's Islands of Fun Stuff to Do in Hollywood" story weeks ago. You are on the right track as there is a team working on a way to get Adventure into the title along with Islands in order to maximize what is being referred to as "CRTS" or Confused Rube Ticket Sales in the ISoB (Inner Sanctum of Burbank). The timeline on the re-branding is announcement at D23 with new signage starting in 2017 to be completed by 2022.

But the real question remains: when are they going to put up the CRTS-themed benches? I assume at least *that* will be announced at D23?

Sue_Vongello

@WDW1974

If Burbank is the driving force behind DHS, then ...

1. What function/purpose does TDO serve?
2. Why wouldn't they push for bigger after seeing their success at DCA?
3. Could the "spirited change" not necessarily be personnel but governing body? Meaning could Burbank take over and just have TDO be an arm for implementation?

BigThunderMatt

2. Why wouldn't they push for bigger after seeing their success at DCA?

I'd like to think this references TDO, not Burbank, in which case, TDO has an over-inflated ego and thinks they're still pushing an untouchable ground-breaking product. Hence the $2B paperweight that is still being beta tested and rolled out in minutiae phases to this day that they think is going to generate tons of extra money.

Meanwhile I think the crane count just up I-4 is up to 5.

Goofyernmost

I'd like to think this references TDO, not Burbank, in which case, TDO has an over-inflated ego and thinks they're still pushing an untouchable ground-breaking product. Hence the $2B paperweight that is still being beta tested and rolled out in minutiae phases to this day that they think is going to generate tons of extra money.

Meanwhile I think the crane count just up I-4 is up to 5.
Gotta love those Florida Cranes!

huntzilla

I know! Traditionally I'm a size 4 but one area of me changes that a bit.

Anyway enough about that ... Star Wars?

With saying this...

My attention whoring is limited to posts! ;)

..and that. I'll let you know that you have opportunities to garner Disney attention outside of your posts as well! Just go ahead and send in your submission to be the next WDW Kingdomcast girl and the crack team over here at the show, will review your photo and see if you have what it takes to be featured!

(I'd link the website for everyone but its totally NSFW. Although, @WDW1974 approved!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom