Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheneix

I think he is making the reference that Abercrombie's CEO recently made a statement that their clothes are only designed for "good looking" people and not for the general public. In comparison to Disney I think pheneix is saying Disney creates their products for a select demographic. I could be wrong. Probably does not matter though since you ignore my posts.

No, not quite. But you were close when you mentioned what Abercrombie's CEO boasted.

A lot of low self-confidence consumers shop Abercrombie and wear it because it makes them look "cool." It's a self-esteem boost. Disney, through its exhaustive retelling of the "relatable girl becomes a princess and becomes happily ever after" story and its reputation for maintain perfect hyperreality environments for consumers to play in, also attracts a lot of low-self confidence consumers. When they visit the Magic Kingdom or when they wear a Disney shirt out in the real world, they get a self-esteem boost. They have become associated with "Disney," therefore they have become "better."

Everyone should think about that for five minutes. Then they will immediately understand why certain brands and releases of Disney merchandise basically sell themselves no matter high of a price Disney puts on them, while other more seemingly "sure thing" pursuits fall flat on their face.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
No, not quite. But you were close when you mentioned what Abercrombie's CEO boasted.

A lot of low self-confidence consumers shop Abercrombie and wear it because it makes them look "cool." It's a self-esteem boost. Disney, through its exhaustive retelling of the "relatable girl becomes a princess and becomes happily ever after" story and its reputation for maintain perfect hyperreality environments for consumers to play in, also attracts a lot of low-self confidence consumers. When they visit the Magic Kingdom or when they wear a Disney shirt out in the real world, they get a self-esteem boost. They have become associated with "Disney," therefore they have become "better."

Everyone should think about that for five minutes. Then they will immediately understand why certain brands and releases of Disney merchandise basically sell themselves no matter high of a price Disney puts on them, while other more seemingly "sure thing" pursuits fall flat on their face.

I can pull off that WalMart look, that aber look, that hunter look. AWWWWWYEEAAAAAAAAAA

71jason

Nothing to add, but that's a brilliant analogy. A new poster with amazing insight into the "Disney lifestyle," insider info that proves correct, and a curious name ... welcome back.

Bolna

This is an excellent analysis! It also does explain the reason for pixie dust addiction very well.

Bolna

Nothing to add, but that's a brilliant analogy. A new poster with amazing insight into the "Disney lifestyle," insider info that proves correct, and a curious name ... welcome back.

Well. @pheneix was also the one who alerted us that Avatar was nearly not happening. When that thread started I checked out the posting history and found lots of interesting posts before I became a regular reader here. So I would not say "new poster" - but "welcome back" certainly fits and I will second this!

asianway

Well. @pheneix was also the one who alerted us that Avatar was nearly not happening. When that thread started I checked out the posting history and found lots of interesting posts before I became a regular reader here. So I would not say "new poster" - but "welcome back" certainly fits and I will second this!
They also correctly predicted both rounds of layoffs in the past 4 years.

asianway

The next stage of this I find more fascinating is how people have taken this to the next level and started associating themselves with blogs/websites that convey that Disney message. Like a Lou for example.

Nemo14

Damn, I leave the internet for one weekend and everything blew up

Coincidence?
paranoid.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom