Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingHead

Seriously? I mean, I love the backwards bit, and love the looks of the mountain from afar, and the village from up close. But best coaster?

Oi, to each his own I guess!

Yeah, Everest doesn't strike me as "best" anything -- unless it's "best" disappointing E-ticket.

If you're judging strictly for the coaster, Manta, Kracken, Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and Kumba are all superior (just in Central Florida).

If you're going based on theming, Thunder Mountain is superior.

Kinda funny, but if you think about it Central Florida doesn't really have many good themed coasters... I wonder if the Jurassic Park expansion is going to include one.

luv

Quick question, do you consider RNRC a big coaster?
Yes and no. Yes, it has the big take-off and it does go upside-down, which frightens many people. But it is an older coaster, so not super smooth.

It is inside. In the dark. The sights that might frighten people are hidden by the blackness.

So, while I think that if you can ride RnRc, you could ride others, the sights (especially on Manta) might frighten you too much.

It's never the coaster that scares people. It's the people scaring themselves. I always keep that in mind when recommending rides. :)

Tim_4

It's never the coaster that scares people. It's the people scaring themselves. I always keep that in mind when recommending rides. :)
So true. It's like the people who scream on Stitch's Great Escape when literally nothing is happening. They anticipate being scared, so it's scary.

ThemeParks4Life

Yes and no. Yes, it has the big take-off and it does go upside-down, which frightens many people. But it is an older coaster, so not super smooth.

It is inside. In the dark. The sights that might frighten people are hidden by the blackness.

So, while I think that if you can ride RnRc, you could ride others, the sights (especially on Manta) might frighten you too much.

Yeah, I'm just a chicken. Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheeeeeeep :p I actually find Everest to be much more intense than RNRC.

luv

Yeah, I'm just a chicken. Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheeeeeeep :p I actually find Everest to be much more intense than RNRC.
Lol, there is no coaster I won't ride. But I'm not immune to fear! I'm not doing Summit Plummet!! I'm as chicken as the Cadbury Bunny!! Bawk-bawk-bawk! But I wouldn't look down on anyone for being afraid, anyway. :)

RandySavage

Kinda funny, but if you think about it Central Florida doesn't really have many good themed coasters... I wonder if the Jurassic Park expansion is going to include one.

The planet Earth doesn't have many good themed coasters, under the premise that anything with a naked track-pylon portion (e.g. Dueling Dragons, Mystery Mine, On Crystal Wings, Manta, etc.) would not qualify as wholly-themed. A fully-themed coaster is a rarity, and to my knowledge, only Disney has achieved it out-of-doors. (Kudos to them for continuing to do it with HK's Grizzly Mountain and the Dwarfs' Mine Train).

It would be great to see Universal complete its first outdoor, fully-themed coaster with this Amber Mine Ride rumor.

luv

Manta is extremely well-designed for rolling through a theme park, IMO. The way the car twirls through is impressive and interesting. People often watch it...some stop in their tracks. Some people's mouths drop.

I don't actually mind tracks in parks. Doesn't bother me a bit. But the Orlando parks really do a nice job keeping the coasters blending as well as possible. IMO, anyway. :)

Goofyernmost

@WDW1974 I thought you said that you were going to keep this thread on topic. We are now talking about Arrested Development. I'm afraid it has jumped the track one more time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom