Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinTheGoat

That Crystal Wings coaster is quite something, not been on it but seen ride videos and pictures. But yeah it does feel half baked in the literal sense. The parts that are really well themed look fantastic, but have the unfortunate effect of making the non-themed parts stand out horribly. And there are sadly a lot of those parts that lack theme, and they appear to be more pronounced when you're riding it. From the perspective of a non-rider looking on, it's more impressive than it seems when actually riding it apparently.

Very interested to see what Universal can conjure up if that Amber Mine coaster ends up happening. And i've also got high hopes for Gringotts (inside I know but rumored to be one hell of a well themed coaster).

Bolna

Just wanted to point out that nobody has yet mentioned the coaster which in my opinion is the best themend coaster: Big Thunder Mountain in DLP. And I would even say that the original version of DLP's Space Mountain is in second place. Sadly, it no longer exists.

The Empress Lilly

That's morse code. Morse code for 'o'. An o, as in a ring. As in confirmation of Lord of the Rings.

Okay, that's probably not what you had in mind, but it's fun nevertheless.

Me, I wish UNI would save LotR to anchor a third park with. For all our delight at all the new UNI stuff, they are also demolishing quite a bit of perfectly fun theme parks rides and lands. Leaving us with not quite as much expansion as one might think, more replacement.

alissafalco

That's morse code. Morse code for 'o'. An o, as in a ring. As in confirmation of Lord of the Rings.

Okay, that's probably not what you had in mind, but it's fun nevertheless.

Me, I wish UNI would save LotR to anchor a third park with. For all our delight at all the new UNI stuff, they are also demolishing quite a bit of perfectly fun theme parks rides and lands. Leaving us with not quite as much expansion as one might think, more replacement.

I'm still really upset about Jaws

the.dreamfinder

Well, they did save Jurassic Park for IoA so a precedent certainly exists.

Victor Kelly

Quick question, do you consider RNRC a big coaster?

RNRC can be considered a big coaster due to the number of inversions and speeds involved. However, it is hard to figure height of the coaster namely the primary lift hill. Everest is a tame big coaster. Mummy I cannot rate as it has been down every single time I have been to UNI. Hulk is not as smooth as it once was and knocked us around pretty good last trip. The Dueling Dragons, now HP themed was as good as I remembered even though the walk in takes forever.

Hershey Park is one of our favorite parks in our region. Their coasters are great and a mix of classic wood and modern steel. But Disney by far, has the best theming of anywhere I have ever been. Therefore, Disney's rides, coasters and shows always win, with Universal following in a close second and in some cases surpassing Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom